a page on new testement violence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: a page on new testement violence
Good response Robby - love it when a biblical christian brings up how horrible rape is, and we can use biblical scripture to knock that argument right down. It is a beautiful thing! It is amazing how they would not think that a loving father would prefer to guide them from wrong doing, rather than damn them to the eternal gnashing of teeth, or even have them slaughtered. Would they rather have their father coach them while growing up, or have him lay into them with a 2x4 every time they were naughty.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 Wrote:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Huh, well at least the Bible is looking for those forever alone people, as long as they have money of course... now to just find me a virgin to rape and take as my bride. Evil_monster
Question: Do I have a limit? Unsure

Atir aissom atir imon
04-03-2014, 09:07 AM
(04-03-2014 08:57 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Huh, well at least the Bible is looking for those forever alone people, as long as they have money of course... now to just find me a virgin to rape and take as my bride. Evil_monster

I know. The abuse seems obvious. The thing I hate most about that law is that it's obvious that the "real victim" according to them is the father; he's stuck supporting an un-marriable non-virgin after she gets raped. Poor him.
04-03-2014, 09:17 AM
(04-03-2014 09:07 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:57 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Huh, well at least the Bible is looking for those forever alone people, as long as they have money of course... now to just find me a virgin to rape and take as my bride. Evil_monster

I know. The abuse seems obvious. The thing I hate most about that law is that it's obvious that the "real victim" according to them is the father; he's stuck supporting an un-marriable non-virgin after she gets raped. Poor him.

It's just rape, come on people. It's a one time thing (unless you're a whore, in which case you should be stoned), but the father is stuck taking care of the baby. Which lasts so much longer. Suck it up ladies, we men have it rougher than you (obviously)!

Atir aissom atir imon
04-03-2014, 03:13 PM
(04-03-2014 08:57 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 Wrote:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Huh, well at least the Bible is looking for those forever alone people, as long as they have money of course... now to just find me a virgin to rape and take as my bride. Evil_monster

No...you can take as many women as you like....as long as they're not another Jewish man's property....his wife.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 03:39 PM
(04-03-2014 05:33 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:02 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Of course you wouldn't....

If you think rapists and their victims are morally indistinguishable you are a. Censored atheist disgrace.

And why do you need a deity to make that distinction for you? Is the threat of punishment from god the only thing keeping you from raping people? Then you are the disgrace. Because I don't want to rape anyone, even without the threat of hell over my head. It's wrong because it violates another person's right to live as they choose and causes harm. Don't need a deity to define morality. In fact it's usually the opposite, as some of these verses show. People have used the supposed commands of a deity to justify actions that would otherwise be considered atrocities.
[+] 3 users Like meremortal's post
04-03-2014, 04:10 PM
(04-03-2014 05:33 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  If you think rapists and their victims are morally indistinguishable you are a. Censored atheist disgrace.

Can rapists who are truly sorry receive forgiveness and go to the same heaven as their victims? Because that would imply that the truly immoral act is not believing in god, as it is the one thing god does not forgive. Everything else is apparently indistinguishable in god's eyes.

It is your belief system that views acts as morally indistinguishable. There is only one truly unforgivable crime*; all others can still qualify for the grand prize!

*Editor's note: ...depending on which of the hundreds of versions of Christian doctrine you follow.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
04-03-2014, 04:12 PM
(04-03-2014 05:33 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:02 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Of course you wouldn't....

If you think rapists and their victims are morally indistinguishable you are a. Censored atheist disgrace.

Disgusting way you think there man. Trying to make it look like an athiest would not find rape immoral and worthy of punishment. The problem is your god punishes not only the wicked, but those who simply do not bow down and follow him. Thought crimes and having a different world view dos not make it just to receive eternal punishment. Why worship an abusive, bigoted, and merciless father figure? Is that how you grew up?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
05-03-2014, 12:04 AM
(04-03-2014 03:39 PM)meremortal Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:33 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  If you think rapists and their victims are morally indistinguishable you are a. Censored atheist disgrace.

And why do you need a deity to make that distinction for you? Is the threat of punishment from god the only thing keeping you from raping people?...

God and me can agree that rape is immoral for reasons quite apart from God's punishment.

God thinks rape is wrong and noboby threatens Him into thinking that.

There goes your false dilemma. *flush*
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
(04-03-2014 08:50 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Good response Robby - love it when a biblical christian brings up how horrible rape is, and we can use biblical scripture to knock that argument right down.

Saying rape is horrible is not an argument - it's a statement of fact.

Why you would want to try and knock down someone for saying rape is horrible is beyond me.