a thought on Ted Cruz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 09:28 AM
a thought on Ted Cruz
I was just wondering if this is how the Republican party plans to separate itself from from its insane religious members.

Put a hyper christian out there (cruz), let him collect his nutjob following, and then present a more moderate (using that term loosely) candidate later in the game and give them the nod- probably a candidate that is more corporate leaning, fiscal conservative, christian, but not a screaming bible thumper nut job.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
15-04-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: a thought on Ted Cruz
That was how the game was tried over and over again last time. At this time of year you heard silly talks like Donald Trump running or Sara Palin but nobody took it seriously... then the Bachmans, Santorums, Ron Pauls, etc. Like our few in now were candidates jumping in.

The supposed to be not as religious crazy candidates jumping in later were Herman Cain, Rick Perry(much was made of his late joining and how that drove his press and hype up) and John Huntsman. These guys didn't really adjust anything by joining late though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I dunno if that logic works - when you consider they DID run Mitt Romney in 2012 -- and he's a whackadoodle cultist....

Strange underwear and all...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-04-2015, 11:19 AM
(15-04-2015 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno if that logic works - when you consider they DID run Mitt Romney in 2012 -- and he's a whackadoodle cultist....

If you think Mitt was the wacky religious candidate last cycle you did not pay attention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-04-2015, 11:30 AM
I hope that is what they do. Because when the heavily conservative portion of the nutter party has their candidate fail, they will not go to the polls to vote for the demonized middle man (like Mitt) because their own conservative heroes have been telling them how awful their own moderate versions are.

It is kind of a hilariously vicious cycle.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
15-04-2015, 11:51 AM
(15-04-2015 11:19 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno if that logic works - when you consider they DID run Mitt Romney in 2012 -- and he's a whackadoodle cultist....

If you think Mitt was the wacky religious candidate last cycle you did not pay attention.

He wasn't "The" wacky religious candidate...

He was "a" wacky religious candidate....

It's not they limit to one......

We just put up with that family longer than most.... (here in Michigan)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-04-2015, 11:56 AM
(15-04-2015 11:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 11:19 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you think Mitt was the wacky religious candidate last cycle you did not pay attention.

He wasn't "The" wacky religious candidate...

He was "a" wacky religious candidate....

It's not they limit to one......

We just put up with that family longer than most.... (here in Michigan)

That's just it compared to Rick Santorum and the rest of the clown car Mitt came off as the moderate. It is also why he lost the rabid conservatives hated him by that time and did not turn out to vote come the general.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Its funny looking at the polls. Jeb Bush isnt leading the republican vs. republican polls, but when put up against the democratic frontrunner, he has the highest % than the other republican candidates. Weird. I think people in the middle are more likely to vote Jeb, and he will win the nomination, maybe even the presidency.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
15-04-2015, 12:29 PM
(15-04-2015 12:23 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Its funny looking at the polls. Jeb Bush isnt leading the republican vs. republican polls, but when put up against the democratic frontrunner, he has the highest % than the other republican candidates. Weird. I think people in the middle are more likely to vote Jeb, and he will win the nomination, maybe even the presidency.

That's literally where Mitt Romney was the entire primary cycle last time. He was consistently though never above 30-33% percent for republicans and every person got their hot minute where they jumped above him in those polls but Romney was always the highest in a general election poll and all he did was stay the course.

I just don't think it will fly as easily for Jeb because of who he is. There will be far too much backlash against him.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-04-2015, 12:32 PM
(15-04-2015 11:19 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

He is a wacky religious candidate. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user