a thread that made me want to vomit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2011, 03:52 AM
RE: a thread that made me want to vomit
@Free_thinker

Even if a boy gets an erection (I got my first when I was 9) that doesn't mean they understand a sexual act enough to give consent. That's the problem.If you are in a sexual act without the emotional and rational capability to give consent it's a form of rape.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Lilith

First, I'm familiar, somewhat, with the Paul Ruebens situation. I know he was "caught" at an X-rated theater and I know it ruined his career. I don't recall it was because he was labeled as a predator but thought it was more because he was no longer viewed as an appropriate role model for children. And, to that I say: such is life. I feel bad for him, I guess, but when you create a brand for yourself and make a living off of it, then you have no one to blame but yourself if you tarnish that brand and ruin your livelihood. The brand he created for himself was simply incompatible with getting caught masturbating in public at an X-rated movie, whether it involved children or not. Now, if it was, say, Charlie Sheen, it would probably have no impact on him.

Second:

(28-02-2011 11:42 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Your opinion is a common one, I just wish people could look past the propagandized monster and realize. No matter what your personal demons it's possible to overcome them, and that a first offense does not mean repeated offense. Yes the cases where children reach 16 and talk about the uncle that's used them for years are enough to condemn for life. Those people are going beyond any moral reprehension, but cases where it's one single incident are a bit different. Even murderers who in truth do something more than scarring someone by ceasing their existence get a second chance at life (including those who murder kids). Predation is wrong, but stamping out the accidents does nothing to solve that problem. It only injures families that weren't in that category.

You are right and there are obviously shades of gray in most things. However, I find this particular act so repugnant as generally not being willing to see past the act itself. I'm pleased it worked out for your father and your sister but, again, that is not the norm.

There was actually a situation in Florida, probably over 10 years ago, where the daughter of a state assemblyman was molested by their (female) house keeper. He found out, had her prosecuted and convicted. He then went on a crusade to "modernize" Florida's laws to protect children. He pushed for, and was able to pass, a law that said that towns could pass ordinances that on one was was a registered sex offender (not just children but any sex crime) could be within their city limits after sun down. He has since come to regret his decision to pass this law and a few years ago was lobbying to repeal it. There were a number of reasons, and
this link details some of the problems.

So, yes, you are right that it is probably necessary to look at each individual situation and judge accordingly but, in all honesty, when I hear about an abused child I just see blood, and I'm generally not interested in the reasons or the perpetrator.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
01-03-2011, 09:35 AM

(28-02-2011 09:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  Don't be obtuse. We are not discussing thought crimes here. If you want to sit in your room and jackoff to mental visions of 8 year old's, then have at it. Cross the line into reality and face the consequences.

I can't believe this is even a debate. People are responsible for their actions. Urges, drugs, etc. are not an excuse or a defense. People are accountable for what they do, period.

Not trying to vindicate? Perhaps you should reread my post, I make a clear attempt to separate child molester/rapist and pedophile. I claim that just because someone feels a sexual attraction towards children does not make them guilty or deserving of any hate.
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
(01-03-2011 09:35 AM)Sacrieur Wrote:  Perhaps you should reread my post, I make a clear attempt to separate child molester/rapist and pedophile. I claim that just because someone feels a sexual attraction towards children does not make them guilty or deserving of any hate.

No, you were claiming that those of us who had opinions on pedophiles were lumping together people with attractions and don't act on them vs. people who do. You made this assumption, lumped us all in to it, and then called this position (which at least was not my position and I assume was not others) a "logical fallacy". If you want to discuss people who are attracted to kids and never do anything about it then, by all means, please do so. But, my response was making the point that we're not talking here about people who don't cross the line and actually touch or molest kids, but instead are focusing on people who actually do. I honestly could care less what people think about or what their personal fantasies are, provided they don't cross certain lines in acting them out.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Imagine that you were in a playground with a friend and he was to say, "Man, look at that little girl. Have you ever seen anything so hot in your life?"

He hasn't touched her. He hasn't suggested that he'd like to touch her. But he has made it clear that he's attracted, and you can tell from his demeanor that he'd "get off" on acting on his desire if it was socially acceptable.

Is he still your friend tomorrow?
01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I thought discussing that thread I found would put my mind at ease ... I think I've created a monster(thread). Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin