abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2011, 03:14 AM
abortion
Hello, i just got a School assignment to pick out qoutes about abortion from the bible, torah or quran. First present them, then argue against them

And if you have any valid arguements please present them.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 08:56 AM by Peterkin.)
RE: abortion
What kind of messed-up and generally unacceptable assignment is that? What kind of school is that?
Very bad idea to bring the law into religious disputation at adolescent level. University may be a different matter, but in that case, you wouldn't be allowed help with your argument.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
11-10-2011, 09:00 AM
(11-10-2011 08:52 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  What kind of partisan, skewed, messed-up and generally unacceptable assignment is that? What kind of school is that?

Why?

i think it's a fun assignment since you can argue anyway you want if ur against abortion you can argue for that. i think the point of this assignment is to start a debate among the students.

And to answer your question i live in sweden and it's a swedish school. and the course is religion so.
11-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Ah, now it makes sense! Thanks for clearing it up.
I still won't make the effort to do your homework, but others may be more inclined to.

11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
You can find out what the Bible says about abortion here:

http://carm.org/bible-abortion

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2011, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 10:33 AM by Gucar.)
(11-10-2011 10:28 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You can find out what the Bible says about abortion here:

http://carm.org/bible-abortion

Thanks alot

(11-10-2011 09:12 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Ah, now it makes sense! Thanks for clearing it up.
I still won't make the effort to do your homework, but others may be more inclined to.

Smile, well that wasn't my intension since people here know the bible pretty well and know where to find the most inhumane examples in the textures it'll help when i need to backup my arguments

thanks anyway tho
11-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Cool. When you muster your own argument, i'd be happy to review them for holes, inconsistencies, whatever.

PS texts, not textures: different meaning
(I used to be a teacher and a parent. Does it show?)

11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
(11-10-2011 10:47 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Cool. When you muster your own argument, i'd be happy to review them for holes, inconsistencies, whatever.

PS texts, not textures: different meaning
(I used to be a teacher and a parent. Does it show?)

ill post em in this thread when i'm done with em thanks!
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 02:42 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
Reduce the surplus population is the only argument you need.

The Earth is currently in a near ideal state to support human life, yet we are already WAY WAY over the carrying capacity of the planet earth.

This fact leaves us with 3 choices that will have to be made in the near future.
#1) Child limits, thus required abortions.
#2) Euthanasia - Kill the elderly, Handicapped, etc...or start a good old fashioned war.
#3) Everyone, everywhere, has to drastically cut back on expending resources. And not just slightly, but drastically, and every year they have to use exponentially even less per person to compensate for the exponential population growth. (In other words, not possible)

And those are the only two viable choices....
China, with a population over a billion, was already forced to make that decision.
Of course they chose #1, the only logical choice.

If anyone tries to argue #3, just ask them how many cars their family has, then talk about their new cell phone etc...
Therefore, they have to either admit they are a hypocrite, thus the plan wont work, or they have to agree with you
12-10-2011, 03:53 AM
(12-10-2011 02:06 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Reduce the surplus population is the only argument you need.

The Earth is currently in a near ideal state to support human life, yet we are already WAY WAY over the carrying capacity of the planet earth.

This fact leaves us with 3 choices that will have to be made in the near future.
#1) Child limits, thus required abortions.
#2) Euthanasia - Kill the elderly, Handicapped, etc...or start a good old fashioned war.
#3) Everyone, everywhere, has to drastically cut back on expending resources. And not just slightly, but drastically, and every year they have to use exponentially even less per person to compensate for the exponential population growth. (In other words, not possible)

And those are the only two viable choices....
China, with a population over a billion, was already forced to make that decision.
Of course they chose #1, the only logical choice.

If anyone tries to argue #3, just ask them how many cars their family has, then talk about their new cell phone etc...
Therefore, they have to either admit they are a hypocrite, thus the plan wont work, or they have to agree with you

i accually don't agree with you. people don't take up much space we got enough space for every person even if our population reaches 10 billions we just have to spread across the globe better not just be like clusters in citys, and as for the enviroment i accually believe that we can solve it by putting enough money on for example nuclear energy (make it safe make it more efficient, and more effektive) since nuclear power is only using so little of its capability there's already a prototype for this. if you are courious about that go check out bill gates speach (Innovation to zero) on TED, it a absolutley amazing. you got one valid point tho most of the peeps in my class aren't that bright they don't know of todays science as i do and they won't pick up on the fact that there's a alternative way.

Thanks alot actually ill take them for a ride ill lead with your alternative then tell them there's an alternative and totally sell it they won't stand a chance.

Two very educational videos. really interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4HxPxNrZ0

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/bill_gates.html

Thanks alot you gave me the winning idea