absolute morals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: absolute morals
Oh WTF?

You mean all I had to do was ask HoC to dumb his lingo down for me and he would have obliged?

Alright buddy. I need you to dumb down everything you've ever said on here.

I agree with HoC btw... at least I think I do.

There are some signs of universal morals. But as HoC mentioned (again, I think), the paths that lead to these moral actions differ.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 01:19 AM
I know no moral rule that existed in every society. I'm more inclined to judge case by case situations, then we can extrapolate a few general rules like "don't kill each other" but knowing that they're not universal...

morality is weird

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
To think that morals are static is ridiculous.

Throughout the time of society some things have been looked down upon and some things have been condoned.

That being said, in some cultures it's okay to stone adulterers! In that culture stoning someone isn't looked down upon as it would be here (meaning you would face serious jail time here).

So, since there already is a moral imbalance between cultures, morals are not static (sorry Ken Ham, they aren't).

Also, I feel that the religious use it as a tactic to gain followers and add an extra superiority to their book.

"Hey this book has defined the morals of the people for thousands of years, thus meaning that it is superior to your holy book, thus meaning that our god actually exists!" Hobo

It's really an argument for the weak minded.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
(05-07-2013 01:01 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Alright buddy. I need you to dumb down everything you've ever said on here.

I love my Gwynnies! Heart Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Come to think of it, Ken Ham argues against evolution, but looks like one of our early ancestors!

[Image: f_zps64aebb05.png]
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
(05-07-2013 09:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 01:01 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Alright buddy. I need you to dumb down everything you've ever said on here.

I love my Gwynnies! Heart Big Grin

Wow... I feel... I feel like I just discovered... THE MEANING OF LIFE!

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
05-07-2013, 10:59 AM
the issue of morality is what everyone dont seem to mean it really

that is why it becomes subjective

acting morally is representing else present right

morality is the value of present conscious which needs recognitions since it is never physical while always the superior present fact since it is mainly a free stand by itself

that is why i guess noone sees how the issue occur

existence is about what is present still, so when meaning morality without pointing else present rights then it becomes about oneself presence so will which is of course subjective end since anyone is free so always absolute different reality of another will

that is why to me it is crucial to separate self from objective ground, even though they both exist and belong to same essence, the differenciation is more essential than anything else

actually bc it is the same essence one must recognize else existence too being present
05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
(05-07-2013 10:59 AM)absols Wrote:  the issue of morality is what everyone dont seem to mean it really

that is why it becomes subjective

acting morally is representing else present right

morality is the value of present conscious which needs recognitions since it is never physical while always the superior present fact since it is mainly a free stand by itself

that is why i guess noone sees how the issue occur

existence is about what is present still, so when meaning morality without pointing else present rights then it becomes about oneself presence so will which is of course subjective end since anyone is free so always absolute different reality of another will

that is why to me it is crucial to separate self from objective ground, even though they both exist and belong to same essence, the differenciation is more essential than anything else

actually bc it is the same essence one must recognize else existence too being present

Is english your second language?
05-07-2013, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 02:17 PM by absols.)
why did u deform my clear sentences and quoted me since u dont appreciate my style

which show how the point i was making is true

u see else presence but all what u want to do is to destroy that fact

it is not english so it worths nothing

when it is not about the words but about else present saying smthg

when also the topic present is morality, so what r u doing here
05-07-2013, 03:55 PM
(05-07-2013 02:11 PM)absols Wrote:  why did u deform my clear sentences and quoted me since u dont appreciate my style

which show how the point i was making is true

u see else presence but all what u want to do is to destroy that fact

it is not english so it worths nothing

when it is not about the words but about else present saying smthg

when also the topic present is morality, so what r u doing here

Well, I wanted to read what you said, I just can't understand your english.

I didn't mean to convey anything against you as a person, I was just wondering if english is your first language! Huh

Even now I don't know whether you are speaking about me, or if you're just posting another comment.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post