abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2015, 02:40 PM
abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law
Hi. Could somebody write something regarding my situation?... I am from Ukraine, live here. With my dad and his new wife. When I came from abroad, my dad got remarried to a religious lady. I am myself an atheist. The religious wife of my dad and I communicated and got along rather well.

But here’s the situation. A priest has been visiting the religious wife of dad and conducting quite loud religious services. Sort of once a week. The last time he was here he talked to me and was very abusive, saying I have no rights in this house, I can’t decide anything in this house + calling me bad names.
As of now, the house belongs to 3 ppl, my dad, my brother and me (thru the way that I’m registered in the house and my brother and I were born here).

My questions: …
1. If my mother-in-law and dad both agree that it is ok for a priest to conduct regular loud religious services our house, can I still veto this decision of theirs on the grounds that my religious rights are violated?
2. Do I have a civil authority to request my mother-in-law and dad not to let this priest visiting house again on the grounds that he was abusive to me?

Thank you…
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law
I would have had a hard time not punching him right in the cocksucker.
Talk to your dad before you do anything, since you both have legal rights to the house.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
16-03-2015, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2015 03:49 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law...
(16-03-2015 02:40 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  Hi. Could somebody write something regarding my situation?... I am from Ukraine, live here. With my dad and his new wife. When I came from abroad, my dad got remarried to a religious lady. I am myself an atheist. The religious wife of my dad and I communicated and got along rather well.

But here’s the situation. A priest has been visiting the religious wife of dad and conducting quite loud religious services. Sort of once a week. The last time he was here he talked to me and was very abusive, saying I have no rights in this house, I can’t decide anything in this house + calling me bad names.
As of now, the house belongs to 3 ppl, my dad, my brother and me (thru the way that I’m registered in the house and my brother and I were born here).

1. If my mother-in-law and dad both agree that it is ok for a priest to conduct regular loud religious services our house, can I still veto this decision of theirs on the grounds that my religious rights are violated?
2. Do I have a civil authority to request my mother-in-law and dad not to let this priest visiting house again on the grounds that he was abusive to me?

Thank you…

First welcome to our community.

Ummm call an attorney who would be far more qualified to answer questions about Ukrainian law, than probably anyone here.

What does your father say? How interested are you in making the best of your living arrangements? Can you just excuse yourself and leave the house during these visits? Or do you feel you shouldn't have to?

Lastly, how can you claim religious rights are being infringed upon when you admitted your an atheist?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-03-2015, 02:58 PM
All cleaned up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-03-2015, 03:00 PM
(16-03-2015 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All cleaned up.

You're my hero! Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Crap this makes it worse when property is owned by more than one person. It would be much easier if only one of you had any part of it. Then the other could leave. I am not saying you have to disown them, and never visit them at all, but some people regardless of legal rights don't make good roommates.

Outside the issue of religion, my mom, as much as we love each other, don't make good roommates. We have way different habits. Don't really know what you should do. If you could get them to buy your share of the house out you could find another place of your own. Again, not to say disown them, but merely give them their own space.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
16-03-2015, 03:43 PM
The perfect retort to his verbal abuse is just "okay."

"You're a cretin and have no rights in this fine RELIGIOUS home, with these fine RELIGIOUS folk."

"Cool story, bro."
16-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Tell him you're in love with him, and want to take him to bed. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2015, 04:48 PM
(16-03-2015 02:40 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  Hi. Could somebody write something regarding my situation?... I am from Ukraine, live here. With my dad and his new wife. When I came from abroad, my dad got remarried to a religious lady. I am myself an atheist. The religious wife of my dad and I communicated and got along rather well.

Thank you…

I have no idea what your legal rights are, but you need to tell that priest to go fuck himself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
16-03-2015, 05:07 PM

Thank you…

1. No, not a chance. Sorry kid. You are basically like a slave to your parents until you turn 18 and move into your own home.

2. You are going to need to be more specific. Tell us exactly what he is doing. If he is physically abusive in a harmful way, than by all means, call the cops and tell them about it, then tell them your parents are also abusing you by allowing him to act this way.

3. Sit down and tell your parents about your dislike for the abuse, tell them that while its fine if he comes over and all, he cannot be abusive and treat you badly, because it is also your home as well as theirs. Your dad should be the one you target since the step mom probably doesn't care about you in the least bit. She probably just sees you as a third wheel she will be glade its gone when you move out or forced out on your 18th birthday.

4. If none of that works. Your pretty well screwed until your old enough to move out. Of course, if he ever does turn violent against you. I am pretty sure turning a knife on him is legal in whatever country your in. Or a gun....but that should only be in the most extreme of cases if its true physical harm like he attacks you with fists or starts to slap you.