abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law...
(16-03-2015 05:14 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  That's a nice way for a priest to express the "love" of christ.
I am sorry that I got no advice, I've never been in a situation like this because I live in a very quiet country where religions aren't taken very seriously.

I kinda wish I could get to experience some of this hatred I hear atheists around the world have to deal with to see how I would handle myself.

Thanks for your empathy...

This situation is probably not one to wish for though. When disrespect and religious services in your home kept repeating, it became very irritating.

What's your country by the way?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 02:52 PM
(17-03-2015 02:16 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 05:14 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  That's a nice way for a priest to express the "love" of christ.
I am sorry that I got no advice, I've never been in a situation like this because I live in a very quiet country where religions aren't taken very seriously.

I kinda wish I could get to experience some of this hatred I hear atheists around the world have to deal with to see how I would handle myself.

Thanks for your empathy...

This situation is probably not one to wish for though. When disrespect and religious services in your home kept repeating, it became very irritating.

What's your country by the way?
I live in Iceland. Religion is not taken seriously at all here and most priests and people that go to church (I went sometimes there when I was a christian) most accept evolution and say that the bible is based on outdated science and stuff.

Yeah, many people here practice religion but don't actually believe most of the stuff.
I'm sorry to hear what you are going through by the way, forgot to mention that in the last post.
17-03-2015, 02:54 PM
(17-03-2015 01:45 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 02:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  First welcome to our community.

Ummm call an attorney who would be far more qualified to answer questions about Ukrainian law, than probably anyone here.

What does your father say? How interested are you in making the best of your living arrangements? Can you just excuse yourself and leave the house during these visits? Or do you feel you shouldn't have to?

Lastly, how can you claim religious rights are being infringed upon when you admitted your an atheist?

Thx, I put it in the planner to do that.

Father is sort of in between. He was brainwashed by his wife, but he's not that religious. Does not really go to a church on Sundays unless the wife convinces him to once in a few months.

He is interested in making the best of my living arrangements as well as his wife's. He's got a bad temper making him a difficult person and egocentric too. Apart from concentrating first on what he wants, he does does try to make an effort to make the best to live in our place the best way...

I tried to negotiate with my mother-in-law to make it the way that priest comes when I am absent, say from 9 - 19 when I'm at work. She said she could not tell that, it's up to the priest when to come and the priest comes whenever he wants. That's how it's been, he would come irregularly. When the priest would come, I tried to leave the house unless I had a pressing issue to do or was sleeping. This last time I was asleep when he came early in the morning, woke me up and said a lot of abusive stuff...

I sort feel like shouldn't have to. Maybe I feel like I when in this home of 3 of us when a priest makes that loud service, he infringes my (human) rights to religious/atheist freedom. After a number such services it became very irritating to hear those...

Ask him to regulate his hours of VISITATION in YOUR home. If he's a dick about it:

Go wake his ass up when he's sleeping and say a bunch of terrible things.

Start reading any of the fucked up verses in the bible even louder than him.

Remind him that your "rights" exist everywhere, including your home, and that you are not a criminal.
17-03-2015, 02:56 PM
(17-03-2015 02:00 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 03:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Tell him you're in love with him, and want to take him to bed. Tongue

I might've said that in another country. In Ukraine, for a phrase like that you will be very much publicly condemned, 10 times more severely than say in the US, it seems to me... With all the consequences..

So sarcasm doesn't exist in Ukraine?... Hmmm
17-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Use a recorder, phone, dB meter to check the decibel level of his loudest ranting from X distance. Confirm with parents that that noise level is acceptable between Y and Z hours. Play TV, music, etc at same decibel level and at same distance and between same hours.

If they find it intrusive, show them its the same volume, and that if they will keep it under __ decibels, so will you.
17-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Why is the priest conducting religious services in your house? Huh
17-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Attend his "service" and moon him.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
18-03-2015, 02:23 PM
(17-03-2015 02:02 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  Do you think he may think that there's a devil in you and is trying only simply trying to say "SATAN! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT HERE" and actually doesn't think that he's talking to you?

I really cannot come up with an answer to that. He said though he didn't count an atheist a human, but an animal.
18-03-2015, 02:24 PM
(18-03-2015 02:23 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 02:02 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  Do you think he may think that there's a devil in you and is trying only simply trying to say "SATAN! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT HERE" and actually doesn't think that he's talking to you?

I really cannot come up with an answer to that. He said though he didn't count an atheist a human, but an animal.

Yeah I've heard that one alot on the atheist experience :/
18-03-2015, 02:38 PM
(17-03-2015 02:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 01:45 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  I sort feel like shouldn't have to. Maybe I feel like I when in this home of 3 of us when a priest makes that loud service, he infringes my (human) rights to religious/atheist freedom. After a number such services it became very irritating to hear those...

Then focus on the sound level. Talk to your step mom, and try to explan when she argues -- buy a stereo with really big speakers.

I don't know what else to say, your dad is your dad. Your step mom is his wife. It's not going to be easy without someone giving in.

talked multiple times... He seems to follow a common sense idea that it should not be loud in the house so we do not disturb each other. But when a priest comes, she forgets everything and does not care what i wanted. Just does what the priest says, participating in the loud religious ritual...

Yes, thanks. I hope I'll be ready tomorrow for the big talk. Can't sleep well at nights as of recent cause of this abuse of the priest and anxiety of the situation. Saturday is not going to be a day-off, so hopefully tmr I'll find talk to dad and possibly mother-in-law not having to wake up early the next day