abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: abusive priest visits home of mine and my religious mother-in-law...
(17-03-2015 02:52 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 02:16 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  Thanks for your empathy...

This situation is probably not one to wish for though. When disrespect and religious services in your home kept repeating, it became very irritating.

What's your country by the way?
I live in Iceland. Religion is not taken seriously at all here and most priests and people that go to church (I went sometimes there when I was a christian) most accept evolution and say that the bible is based on outdated science and stuff.

Yeah, many people here practice religion but don't actually believe most of the stuff.
I'm sorry to hear what you are going through by the way, forgot to mention that in the last post.

Thanks so much. I wonder if Ukraine will ever grow to a country where a right to of religious/atheist freedoms will be respected and kept...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 02:42 PM
(18-03-2015 02:40 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 02:52 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I live in Iceland. Religion is not taken seriously at all here and most priests and people that go to church (I went sometimes there when I was a christian) most accept evolution and say that the bible is based on outdated science and stuff.

Yeah, many people here practice religion but don't actually believe most of the stuff.
I'm sorry to hear what you are going through by the way, forgot to mention that in the last post.

Thanks so much. I wonder if Ukraine will ever grow to a country where a right to of religious/atheist freedoms will be respected and kept...
Yeah me too. I hope the entire world will be like that
18-03-2015, 02:55 PM
(17-03-2015 02:54 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 01:45 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  Thx, I put it in the planner to do that.

Father is sort of in between. He was brainwashed by his wife, but he's not that religious. Does not really go to a church on Sundays unless the wife convinces him to once in a few months.

He is interested in making the best of my living arrangements as well as his wife's. He's got a bad temper making him a difficult person and egocentric too. Apart from concentrating first on what he wants, he does does try to make an effort to make the best to live in our place the best way...

I tried to negotiate with my mother-in-law to make it the way that priest comes when I am absent, say from 9 - 19 when I'm at work. She said she could not tell that, it's up to the priest when to come and the priest comes whenever he wants. That's how it's been, he would come irregularly. When the priest would come, I tried to leave the house unless I had a pressing issue to do or was sleeping. This last time I was asleep when he came early in the morning, woke me up and said a lot of abusive stuff...

I sort feel like shouldn't have to. Maybe I feel like I when in this home of 3 of us when a priest makes that loud service, he infringes my (human) rights to religious/atheist freedom. After a number such services it became very irritating to hear those...

Ask him to regulate his hours of VISITATION in YOUR home. If he's a dick about it:

Go wake his ass up when he's sleeping and say a bunch of terrible things.

Start reading any of the fucked up verses in the bible even louder than him.

Remind him that your "rights" exist everywhere, including your home, and that you are not a criminal.

Thanks... I tried to speak to the priest. But he almost would not listen. He just keeps talking in a know-it-all way. As if he's an absolute authority and all are to do what he says...

I managed to say that that was a visitation in my home. But he said the home was not mine, but my dad's. I have no right to decide anything in the house.

I sort of was not rude to him, was polite, thought he would listen better to me that way. I'll be thinking about ur idea to approach him his rude way in return...

Appears like he lied that that a father decided all in the house. He said: read the Ukraine's constitution - that's stated there. I checked that only part of the constitution about human rights. There was nothing like that that a father decides all in the house... I had already said I am registered in the house, I have rights in the house (he knows I was born and grew up in this house too). But the priest said that did not mean anything. When I'll acquire a house myself, I would have a write to take decisions in a house...
18-03-2015, 03:02 PM
(17-03-2015 02:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 02:00 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  I might've said that in another country. In Ukraine, for a phrase like that you will be very much publicly condemned, 10 times more severely than say in the US, it seems to me... With all the consequences..

So sarcasm doesn't exist in Ukraine?... Hmmm

Sarcasm is very popular with all this corruption in Ukraine, low standard of life... But most people will resent a public mockery of Orthodox christianity and are very homophobic. So to say that mockery/with a homosexual reference phrase will be akin to turning most people much more against you. Will be difficult to live in our local community if i say this suggested phrase... The priest will spread immediately that I said that religion-mockering /with a homosexual reference phrase.
18-03-2015, 03:08 PM
(17-03-2015 03:02 PM)Rik Wrote:  Why is the priest conducting religious services in your house? Huh

He said there is a person who is religious (my stepmother, sorry i called her mother-in-law previously. It's a stepmother I'm speaking about). He wants to visit her cause he feels like doing that it seems to me. I didn't clearly understand why he was doing that...
18-03-2015, 03:10 PM
(17-03-2015 03:17 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Attend his "service" and moon him.

Thanks, that's a great idea! Wink
22-03-2015, 07:09 AM
My first thought was how much money is he getting out of your father's wife? The priest's concern to get rid of you is that you may stop the "donations". There must be many priests. why this particular fellow, unless he's milking them financially. Do you know for certain he's a priest or is he a good con artist? I'd be getting some pics and doing a background check.
22-03-2015, 02:08 PM
(22-03-2015 07:09 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  My first thought was how much money is he getting out of your father's wife? The priest's concern to get rid of you is that you may stop the "donations". There must be many priests. why this particular fellow, unless he's milking them financially. Do you know for certain he's a priest or is he a good con artist? I'd be getting some pics and doing a background check.

Thanks for your reply. That must be it too... One guy just told me about this too. I forgot about the materialistic interest of the priest. Father's wife contributes lots to the church. Mostly in work, doing various things for the church, cooking whole days sometimes for church (making our house's kitchen look like a kitchen of some busy restaurant).

I'm afraid he's indeed a priest in the local town church...

I wish I could do some background check. I feel like it might well be the case some other ppl suffered from the priest too. I don't know how to find that out though. Internet doesn't give info on that. I'll be thinking what can be done on that...
29-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Is he using the biblical bs that the father is the head of the household and that everyone must obey him? Religion does not supercede the law of the land. When my mother cooked for church functions, the food was donated. That's usually the way it works. But it can certainly add up.
30-03-2015, 01:05 AM
(18-03-2015 02:55 PM)fairness21 Wrote:  I managed to say that that was a visitation in my home. But he said the home was not mine, but my dad's. I have no right to decide anything in the house. 

Then he's a disingenuous idiot. It may be your father's house, but it's your home. The only one who has no right to decide what goes on there is this turbulent priest.

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stimbo's post