"activist" stating BLM movement is peaceful sentenced to 8 years in prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 01:05 PM
"activist" stating BLM movement is peaceful sentenced to 8 years in prison
http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/12/17/msn...ears-arson

If you’re going to speak at a high profile rally with Rev. Al Sharpton on how the #BlackLivesMatter movement is peaceful, it’s best not to wear that same outfit when lighting a convenience store on fire.

KSDK reported that Joshua Williams, an 19-year old #BlackLivesMatter activist was arrested last December and pleaded guilty to charges of arson, stealing, and 2nd degree burglary. He was sentenced to 8 years in prison on December 10.

Williams was a prominent figure in the #BlackLivesMatter movement in Ferguson, Mo. MSNBC did a wonderful profile of Williams portraying him as an example to the movement, and he was even flown to Washington D.C., where he was a speaker at a rally organized by Rev. Al Sharpton.

The convenience store video cameras showed that he was wearing the same outfit during the arson and burglary as he was wearing during his speech in D.C.

oh the irony...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 01:17 PM
RE: "activist" stating BLM movement is peaceful sentenced to 8 years in prison
(18-12-2015 01:05 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/12/17/msn...ears-arson

If you’re going to speak at a high profile rally with Rev. Al Sharpton on how the #BlackLivesMatter movement is peaceful, it’s best not to wear that same outfit when lighting a convenience store on fire.

KSDK reported that Joshua Williams, an 19-year old #BlackLivesMatter activist was arrested last December and pleaded guilty to charges of arson, stealing, and 2nd degree burglary. He was sentenced to 8 years in prison on December 10.

Williams was a prominent figure in the #BlackLivesMatter movement in Ferguson, Mo. MSNBC did a wonderful profile of Williams portraying him as an example to the movement, and he was even flown to Washington D.C., where he was a speaker at a rally organized by Rev. Al Sharpton.

The convenience store video cameras showed that he was wearing the same outfit during the arson and burglary as he was wearing during his speech in D.C.

oh the irony...

Unless he robbed the store on behalf of the movement, that's irrelevant? It doesn't even manage to qualify as hypocritical. But I guess "activist commits crime unrelated to activism" isn't good enough shock news.

... this is my signature!
18-12-2015, 01:59 PM
(18-12-2015 01:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 01:05 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/12/17/msn...ears-arson

oh the irony...

Unless he robbed the store on behalf of the movement, that's irrelevant? It doesn't even manage to qualify as hypocritical. But I guess "activist commits crime unrelated to activism" isn't good enough shock news.

Robbed? Arson is not robbery. And it would appear he set the fire during a protest. Kind of related.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-12-2015, 02:03 PM
I am glad I don't support this movement anymore.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-12-2015, 02:18 PM
(18-12-2015 01:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Robbed? Arson is not robbery.

Burglary is. You know; half the conviction? What's your point here?

(18-12-2015 01:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And it would appear he set the fire during a protest. Kind of related.

Let's just ask an unrelated question. If we follow the rabbit hole we find the original source here. Does that look like a reputable site to you?

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
18-12-2015, 02:56 PM
(18-12-2015 02:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

(18-12-2015 01:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And it would appear he set the fire during a protest. Kind of related.

Let's just ask an unrelated question. If we follow the rabbit hole we find the original source here. Does that look like a reputable site to you?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6386694

More to your liking?

It's not like this is a made up story. People use sites like Breitbart and gateway pundit because mainstream media won't generally publish articles about something like this. And if they do they bury it without posting it to the front page of their newspaper or website.

It is pretty funny that this guy said one thing and did another.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-12-2015, 03:02 PM
(18-12-2015 02:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Chase the rabbit then....

Is this source more palatable?:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ferguson-st-...rip-arson/

"One of the more visible protesters during last year's unrest in Ferguson, Mo., has been sentenced to eight years in prison for starting a fire at a gas station in nearby Berkeley.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that a St. Louis County circuit judge sentenced 19-year-old Joshua Williams on Thursday. Williams pleaded guilty last month to arson, burglary and stealing related to the fire.

The fire at a QuikTrip was lit during protests over the killing of Antonio Martin, who was fatally shot in December by a police officer at a gas station across the street.

Prosecutors had asked for a 15-year sentence, while Williams' attorney asked for a suspended or lesser sentence."

I wasn't making a political statement, I was merely sharing an ironic piece of news...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-12-2015, 03:08 PM
(18-12-2015 03:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Chase the rabbit then....

Is this source more palatable?:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ferguson-st-...rip-arson/

Yes. So why use a bad one?

(18-12-2015 03:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I wasn't making a political statement, I was merely sharing an ironic piece of news...

Sure, but then so what?

18-12-2015, 03:16 PM
God I am so out of touch. When I saw the thread title I thought whose cows are the BLM trying to confiscate now? Weeping

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-12-2015, 03:24 PM
I don't see how you can avoid seeing this as anything but hypocritical. I also don't see how the BLM movement doesn't take a hit over this. He doesn't represent the whole of the movement but they embraced him and then he does something completely violent. Sorry, but they have to wear some of that.

They can still denounce what he did and distance themselves from this one idiot, but they do own some of this taint. Sorry, but it's true.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost