after 1yr experiment christians show their "love" to ex-pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Re: after 1yr experiment christians show their "love" to ex-pastor
I still get the feeling he was already having serious doubts and just did this for the lulz.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: after 1yr experiment christians show their "love" to ex-pastor
(30-12-2014 10:03 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  I dunno. I thought this dude was a bit of a derp at the time. I mean. He announces gaily that he's gonna live his life sans God and expects to carry on getting paid as a pastor? What would he preach about?

Uuuuuh..... he'd lost his job as a pastor months before he started on this enterprise?

Way I heard it was he announced he were gonna do it and *then* lost the job. Hang on a sec...

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/08...f-atheism/

OK so he did lose his *pastor* job before the "experiment"...

But he lost some other jobs too straight after he announced it... also jobs involving a heavy Christian element.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-12-2014, 02:21 PM
(30-12-2014 09:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  I dunno. I thought this dude was a bit of a derp at the time. I mean. He announces gaily that he's gonna live his life sans God and expects to carry on getting paid as a pastor? What would he preach about?

Not unheard of for Church of England vicars. They just don't believe everything that they preach. Believe what I say, not what I do.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
30-12-2014, 02:24 PM
(30-12-2014 02:21 PM)stevec Wrote:  

Not unheard of for Church of England vicars. They just don't believe everything that they preach. Believe what I say, not what I do.

He's a 7th Day Adventist.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Obviously he was never a True Christian. Rolleyes

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2014, 02:28 PM
(30-12-2014 02:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:21 PM)stevec Wrote:  Not unheard of for Church of England vicars. They just don't believe everything that they preach. Believe what I say, not what I do.

He's a 7th Day Adventist.

Was Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-12-2014, 03:50 PM
(30-12-2014 10:03 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  

Uuuuuh..... he'd lost his job as a pastor months before he started on this enterprise?

Also, yes. COMPLETE lack of surprise at the Christian response.

(Though to be fair, I should probably fish around for responses from liberal Christian sites, rather than taking the typical sea of hate and bile as representative of the whole thing... but I'm feeling kinda lazy right now... those mythical liberal Christians don't really seem that interested in being heard above the sea of hate and bile, do they?)

Actually he taught at a Christian university and was fired after announcing his plan. I believe a group raised money (mostly atheists) to help he and his family.

I'm happy that he admitted all this (though I suspect he already didn't believe when he started his experiment).

I'm also happy he didn't revert back.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-12-2014, 04:04 PM
(30-12-2014 10:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Just for counter balance.

The selective atheists' comments directed at an unbeliever who converted to Christianity:

It isn't as much the actual comments as the hypocrisy. "Love thy neighbor as thyself" doesn't square well with “No God, no con[s]cience… No God, no peace… Now come out of the closet faggot”.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
31-12-2014, 08:56 AM
I'm surprised by there only being a minimal amount of death threats.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
31-12-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 09:13 AM by Tomasia.)
(30-12-2014 04:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Now come out of the closet faggot”.

Is this supposed to be some sort of insult?

Why not just call me a filthy nigger, or slanted eye chink, or a curry smelling dot-head?

Why do you seem so needlessly provoked? Did I slap your mother or something, and not even know it?