after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 02:01 AM by Ace.)
after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus
http://www.opindia.com/2015/04/when-nepa...ing-jesus/

spreading the "love of christ" by taking advantage of peoples suffering CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored

edit:
the north eastern part of my country (India) is right next to Nepal so my anger towards xtians is a bit more personal
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus
(26-04-2015 09:44 AM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.opindia.com/2015/04/when-nepa...ing-jesus/

spreading the "love of christ" by taking advantage of peoples suffering CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored

I normally don't have much sympathy for Xtians, but these people are just "retreating" into their comfort zones. They're sitting in their homes in the USA, UK, Oz, EU expressing a bit of sympathy. If they chuck a few bucks/Pounds/ etc, that's great. But they're not actively interfering like the homeopaths who went to west Africa to "help" with the Ebola outbreak.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oc...ight-ebola

But their comments about the return of Jesus are just cringeworthy. My favourite is from Gospel Applied: "Earthquakes and death are proof that we live in a fallen world that awaits its restoration by Jesus when he returns."
26-04-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus
It is quite ingenious using tragedy to further one goals. Shameful though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-04-2015, 12:59 PM
I imagine the fuckers were doing it before the earthquake, too. If they'd known it was coming they would have said that if they didn't convert "jesus" would cause an earthquake.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
26-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Oh victim blaming Dodgy
See, this is what happens when you don't accept christ Lecture_preist

and hey, to those quasi sorry, they can't eat, heal or build with prayer

Turns my stomach when people refer to the "second coming"
They delight in ultimate destruction

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Tertullian would be proud.
27-04-2015, 01:59 AM
(26-04-2015 09:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Tertullian would be proud.

whose Tertullian ?
27-04-2015, 03:06 AM
(27-04-2015 01:59 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 09:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Tertullian would be proud.

whose Tertullian ?

Tertullian

Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus, anglicised as Tertullian (/tərˈtʌliən/; c. 155 – c. 240 AD), was a prolific early Christian author from Carthage in the Roman province of Africa. He is the first Christian author to produce an extensive corpus of Latin Christian literature. He also was a notable early Christian apologist and a polemicist against heresy, including contemporary Christian Gnosticism. Tertullian has been called "the father of Latin Christianity" and "the founder of Western theology."

Though conservative, he did originate and advance new theology to the early Church. He is perhaps most famous for being the oldest extant Latin writer to use the term Trinity (Latin: Trinitas), and giving the oldest extant formulation of the Trinitarian terminology later adopted at the First Council of Nicaea.[8] Other Latin formulations that first appear in his work are "three persons, one substance" as the Latin "tres personae, una substantia" (itself from the Koine Greek "treis hypostases, homoousios"). He wrote his trinitarian formula after becoming a Montanist. However, unlike many Church fathers, he was never recognized as a saint by the Church, as several of his later teachings directly contradicted the teachings of the Church.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-04-2015, 03:14 AM
People like that piss me off. There are people hurt, homeless, mourning the loss of their loved ones. Who the hell cares what their beliefs are, no matter what they believe in it wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Stop exploiting a situation to teach your damn religion and respect those people who are going through a tough time. Such a Christian thing to do. Being all stuck-up and crap.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-04-2015, 05:25 AM
I'd think that'd be a tough sell......

Bible Thumper: "We want to tell you about Jesus - The Son of God".

Native: "You mean the son of the god who sent the earthquake, leveling everything and killing all our neighbors"?

Bible Thumper: "Uh .... wellll.... Yeah..... but he LOVES you"

Native: "Yeah, well fuck him and his daddy and fuck you too"..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.