after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus
(27-04-2015 11:30 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 10:53 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Here is some more information about what Christians are doing in Nepal:

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/d...-in-nepal/

But Jebus had a plan. He wanted Nepal to happen. Now they are thwarting the plan. Jebus no likey that.

Oh, you're much too shallow a thinker who can't perceive the true depth of Jebus's ineffable plan. Angry

Jebus had to kill all those heathens to provide the opportunity for His people to show True Christian Love™.
Without those opportunities, how could the True Christians™ show their True Christian Love™ thus fulfilling the ineffable plan?Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: after Nepal earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling jebus
They remind me of those ambulance chasing, accident claim lawyers.
They head wherever tragedy strikes to peddle Jebus.

At least the Lawyer might help you claim some money, this lot can only offer bibles & guilt! Hobo

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
Find all posts by this user
27-04-2015, 08:54 PM
I've got an aunt and uncle and two nephews who have been doing missionary work in Kathmandu for over a decade. They made it through okay, a bit shaken perhaps. Rolleyes

The email updates they've been sending are hard to read, their praise to god for his "grace and mercy" make me grind my teeth.

But they're some of the most loving people I've ever known, with a thirst for life and adventure that I've always admired.

Do I agree with their life choices? No. Do I think that the lifestyle they live is counterproductive? Yes. Can I condemn them for doing what they wrongly see as the right thing to do in following their hearts? No.

Love the sinner, hate the sin I guess. Man, that sounds familiar.......

I dunno, the whole thing is a tad bittersweet. But I'm glad they're okay.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
27-04-2015, 08:57 PM
(27-04-2015 08:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've got an aunt and uncle and two nephews who have been doing missionary work in Kathmandu for over a decade. They made it through okay, a bit shaken perhaps. Rolleyes

The email updates they've been sending are hard to read, their praise to god for his "grace and mercy" make me grind my teeth.

But they're some of the most loving people I've ever known, with a thirst for life and adventure that I've always admired.

Do I agree with their life choices? No. Do I think that the lifestyle they live is counterproductive? Yes. Can I condemn them for doing what they wrongly see as the right thing to do in following their hearts? No.

Well your aunt and uncle are actually doing work which is much more than these people are doing which is why your aunt and uncle are great people and why these others are not because these others sit in their big $ churches with their private jets and what not but don't make any attempt to help except ask people to pray.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I can only imagine how many churches will be saying that this earthquake was because of sin and this is all out fault. Again.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-04-2015, 09:15 AM
(27-04-2015 08:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've got an aunt and uncle and two nephews who have been doing missionary work in Kathmandu for over a decade. They made it through okay, a bit shaken perhaps. Rolleyes

Are they doing anything useful? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2015, 01:44 PM
(28-04-2015 09:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Are they doing anything useful? Consider

If you disregard the indoctrination, yes they are doing tons of helpful things for the community.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-04-2015, 07:07 AM
(26-04-2015 09:44 AM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.opindia.com/2015/04/when-nepa...ing-jesus/

spreading the "love of christ" by taking advantage of peoples suffering CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored

edit:
the north eastern part of my country (India) is right next to Nepal so my anger towards xtians is a bit more personal

Religion thrives where there is confusion, fear and uncertainty. Those are the best times to infect the victim with the faith virus. What else would one expect from a program that considers suffering a virtue.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick