other
[Show Results]

afterlife or oblivion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
24-03-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: afterlife or oblivion ?
(24-03-2016 12:34 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:13 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  If we all vote for heaven, is that where we all go? You know, just like christians do. They say, well guys, there's billions of us that believe in god. That many people can't all be wrong. Therefore god must exist.

So, if we all hold another poll and all vote for heaven, that's where we end up.

How cool is that?

What if only one person on Earth believed Jesus was their savior and truly believed in Heaven? Are they the only one that get's to go or will God just abandon the entire planet and not let anyone in? Even the one true believer? I've heard some Xians say God may abandon us if we keep accepting sin, but how many sinful people will it take to make him finally throw his hands up and move on and create a new universe? No talking snakes this time, we all know how that ended up before.

Yes but who?

I'm pretty sure that the guy who lives in the house at the end of my road really believes in jesus and heaven and god. Maybe it's him?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 12:46 PM
(24-03-2016 12:13 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  If we all vote for heaven, is that where we all go? You know, just like christians do. They say, well guys, there's billions of us that believe in god. That many people can't all be wrong. Therefore god must exist.

So, if we all hold another poll and all vote for heaven, that's where we end up.

How cool is that?

I think you are taking this poll out of the context. This poll was to check what most atheists( in this site) believe about our destiny at death. The results are about what I expected. Most atheists believe in oblivion. And no, reality can't be decided by voting. Most people in the world believe in some kind of afterlife. But nobody can escape oblivion.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
24-03-2016, 12:51 PM
(24-03-2016 12:42 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:34 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  What if only one person on Earth believed Jesus was their savior and truly believed in Heaven? Are they the only one that get's to go or will God just abandon the entire planet and not let anyone in? Even the one true believer? I've heard some Xians say God may abandon us if we keep accepting sin, but how many sinful people will it take to make him finally throw his hands up and move on and create a new universe? No talking snakes this time, we all know how that ended up before.

Yes but who?

I'm pretty sure that the guy who lives in the house at the end of my road really believes in jesus and heaven and god. Maybe it's him?

Well considering all the different denominations of christianity and all the people who have a personal God and don't adhere to any church maybe there is only one person worshiping God correctly. I can just imagine that guy/girl showing up and just hanging out with God and Jesus forever and just playing checkers and drinking milk, just good wholesome activities.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
24-03-2016, 01:42 PM
(24-03-2016 12:08 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:03 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  actually im pretty sure im immortal. so far my theory is correct.

I was going to give you some rep for that but I see that I've already done that.

No problem dude. Thumbsup I don't even understand how the rep system works. I haven't been a regular on a forum in like 10-15 years.
24-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Maybe once you're in heaven you're allowed to sin, since Jeebus did everything he could to make your mortal life boring and lame.

"Alright people, go nuts! You've earned it by listening to those boring pastors/priests every sunday, not doing drugs and alcohol, and only having sex with one person for your entire life. Party time! FOR ALL ETERNITY!"

I'd be down with that.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
24-03-2016, 01:47 PM
(24-03-2016 12:46 PM)Leo Wrote:  

How cool is that?

I think you are taking this poll out of the context. This poll was to check what most atheists( in this site) believe about our destiny at death. The results are about what I expected. Most atheists believe in oblivion. And no, reality can't be decided by voting. Most people in the world believe in some kind of afterlife. But nobody can escape oblivion.

Strictly speaking, that's not true, is it?

There's billions of xtians in the world. They have decided that those who are good go to heaven and those that aren't or aren't xtians go to hell for eternity.

They have just decided and that's that and they are right because billions of xtians say so and billions of xtians can't be wrong can they so that's it.

Look it up in your Funk and Wagnalls.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-03-2016, 02:01 PM
(24-03-2016 01:45 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Maybe once you're in heaven you're allowed to sin, since Jeebus did everything he could to make your mortal life boring and lame.

"Alright people, go nuts! You've earned it by listening to those boring pastors/priests every sunday, not doing drugs and alcohol, and only having sex with one person for your entire life. Party time! FOR ALL ETERNITY!"

I'd be down with that.

If only that were true but pretty much every Christian will tell you that Heaven is void of all sin. If that is true it would be a very boring place indeed, and you get to praise God all day so it's basically like going to church forever. Some people may actually like that but for me it may as well be Hell. It's like "Hey, you wanna go to Hell or Hell but much hotter?"

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
24-03-2016, 02:08 PM
(24-03-2016 02:01 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:45 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Maybe once you're in heaven you're allowed to sin, since Jeebus did everything he could to make your mortal life boring and lame.

I'd be down with that.

If only that were true but pretty much every Christian will tell you that Heaven is void of all sin. If that is true it would be a very boring place indeed, and you get to praise God all day so it's basically like going to church forever. Some people may actually like that but for me it may as well be Hell. It's like "Hey, you wanna go to Hell or Hell but much hotter?"

So why would satan and his demon buddies want to torture the people that go to hell? Shouldn't they reward them for all that tasty sinning we did? I can see them torturing the people that outright insulted satan though. I think satan would get a lot more followers if he was more cool about the whole thing. Maybe build up an army of sinners and then try to take out Big Daddy G? Go after the people that don't sin. Those are the ones that he should really be pissed at, after all.
24-03-2016, 02:09 PM
(24-03-2016 01:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:08 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I was going to give you some rep for that but I see that I've already done that.

No problem dude. Thumbsup I don't even understand how the rep system works. I haven't been a regular on a forum in like 10-15 years.

I wouldn't worry, they are a pretty decent bunch on here. There's even some decent xtians too.

24-03-2016, 02:11 PM
(24-03-2016 02:09 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  No problem dude. Thumbsup I don't even understand how the rep system works. I haven't been a regular on a forum in like 10-15 years.

I wouldn't worry, they are a pretty decent bunch on here. There's even some decent xtians too.

I've been lurking here a while so I've got a pretty good feel for it. I mostly just like reading debates between people that are have more knowledge/are smarter than me. Interesting stuff!