afterlife? spirits ? ghosts ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2010, 11:28 PM

RE: afterlife? spirits ? ghosts ?
Thanks for your posts! I've enjoyed reading what you all have to say on the subject! carry on people Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2010, 10:38 AM

I don't believe in ghosts, spirits or whatever. This tends to be widely believed here. But I've observed that the people who believe in ghosts are the people who see them. I've never seen anything that could indicate the presence of a ghost.
14-03-2010, 11:49 AM
(14-03-2010 10:38 AM)Nahuel Wrote:  I don't believe in ghosts, spirits or whatever. This tends to be widely believed here. But I've observed that the people who believe in ghosts are the people who see them. I've never seen anything that could indicate the presence of a ghost.

I have something that may be of value to add to that. When I was younger (7 - 10 years old), I was convinced in the supernatural, because sometimes, in the middle of the night, I would wake up and see spirits. There would be figures that walked around and talked to each other (although I only saw their lips move, didn't hear anything). My parents would always tell me that it was a bad dream, and I half believed them. One day I wanted to find out what was really going on. So I went to bed with a flashlight beside me. I was going shine a light on them, and hope they don't drag me to hell. The last thing I remembered from that night was seeing the flashlight right by my side. Well, I woke, they were there, but my flashlight wasn't. That scared me, to say the least. Not only are there these ghosts, but they can see into the future and steal my flashlights!

The next morning I wold my mother, and see said that she say the flashlight and took it after I fell asleep. Well, the "Ghosts" didn't take it, but it did provide some evidence towards the reality of it. If I was able to identify an object missing during a dream, then I'm psychic (Never believed that idea for a second), or it wasn't a dream at all. So, I lived a few years in fear, convinced that evil spirits were stalking me, waiting to eat my soul while I sleep.

A couple years latter, I'm watching a TV show about alien abductions. The show came up with the idea of sleep paralysis with a side of hallucinations as an explanation. It explained my experiences exactly, replacing aliens with spirits. So, I did see ghosts, of sorts, and a did believe in them for a while. Then when a reasonable explanation hit me in the face, I couldn't deny the reality that there are no ghosts, my mind is just slightly off.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ashley.hunt60's post
14-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Haha, that's a nice story Ashley. It proves my point. Smile
14-03-2010, 09:28 PM

I have seen no proof of spirits, ghosts, aparitions etc etc.. and I have looked.

For a long time I went to 'haunted' places and never saw or felt anything even remotely supernatural.

As far as 'souls' go, does everything have a soul? (bacteria, insects, plants, fish, mammals etc). If not.. what are the requirements for having a soul?

This whole thing of 'life after death' and 'souls that transcend' is just clearly a fear of termination. Death is a part of life, even stars die. Hoping to continue on after your life ends is foolish to me.