agnostic paradox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 10:34 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: agnostic paradox
I just don't know (agnostic) about all this crap. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 10:32 AM
(02-06-2013 10:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I just don't know about all this crap.

Yeah, I know. Did I just ask John to make sense? I must be drinking...Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
02-06-2013, 10:35 AM
(02-06-2013 10:26 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well goddamn, is it that simple? Consider

It becomes complicated in a group, when people start talking about "the truth."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
(02-06-2013 10:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:26 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well goddamn, is it that simple? Consider

It becomes complicated in a group, when people start talking about "the truth."

Makes sense.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
(02-06-2013 10:36 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It becomes complicated in a group, when people start talking about "the truth."

Makes sense.

I communicated! And! I love my Gwynnies! Heart

(02-06-2013 10:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I just don't know (agnostic) about all this crap. Tongue

Yeah, I was more going with the Huxley spin, as you likely gathered.

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
S'pose I was hoping for a more in depth examination of the paradox stemming from a non-agnostic stance from you. I would tend to agree with the statement that it is the only logical position.

~ Umberto Eco
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
(02-06-2013 10:43 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  S'pose I was hoping for a more in depth examination of the paradox stemming from a non-agnostic stance from you.

A gnostic argument, perhaps?

There's the LC. I know the experience of being with god trumps the experience of reading about god. The concept of god communicates some knowledge of god, even if it is just a blank canvas of three letters.

The paradox of my personal journey is in accepting the entitlement of prophet from the LC, later learning that no god can be reduced past contingency. I.e. two, is the smallest number. God cannot be separated from the experience of god. The experience I have of god, that is "real," is "I love my Gwynnies;" words of the LC can only be philosophy, not scripture. Thus, god cannot exist. Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
(02-06-2013 11:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:43 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  S'pose I was hoping for a more in depth examination of the paradox stemming from a non-agnostic stance from you.

A gnostic argument, perhaps?

There's the LC. I know the experience of being with god trumps the experience of reading about god. The concept of god communicates some knowledge of god, even if it is just a blank canvas of three letters.

The paradox of my personal journey is in accepting the entitlement of prophet from the LC, later learning that no god can be reduced past contingency. I.e. two, is the smallest number. God cannot be separated from the experience of god. The experience I have of god, that is "real," is "I love my Gwynnies;" words of the LC can only be philosophy, not scripture. Thus, god cannot exist. Smartass

I agree, a person's concept of god indeed communicates knowledge of god. Therefore proper concept is essential while unobtainable. Thus the paradox.

You talk about "the experience of god". I am my experience. Therefore god certainly does exist, but to each his own. Consider

Gwynnie seems reasonable to me. Big Grin

(you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but LC?)

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
02-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Paradoxes vex me.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-06-2013, 11:38 AM
(02-06-2013 11:30 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  (you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but LC?)

Oh no. Please tell me you didn't just ask that. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post