ahhhhhh facebook!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2012, 06:02 AM
ahhhhhh facebook!
I keep coming across these now:

Quote:
Hello everyone and thank you all for your love and prayers across the many miles and countries of the world. You just will not believe it but TODAY YES TODAY just a couple of hours ago an electric crew from MINNESOTA that great state RESTORED OUR POWER ..HIP HIP HOORAY..AND i MUST SAY IT WAS ALL THROUGH THE POWER OF PRAYER... group prayer..because our town has about 20 percent of the people having power...80 percent NOT having power...tomorrow the percentages go up. Many of us are going to go out to see just what we need to do for the rest of the elderly and others who need help tomorrow and Monday. If we clear the branches the wire people can restore the power faster. My 85year old mom is so excited to use her heating pad again. I cannot thank you so much for your support. You prayed for the generator and it came..and now the power..I am eternally grateful.. Thank you and my Heavenly Father so much. .still no phone, Tv or internet but I am not complaining one little bit.. ((((((((HUGGS)))))))) to everyone..SUE

So I guess 20% prayed... the rest are heathens?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 06:05 AM
RE: ahhhhhh facebook!
ok... wow, that is ... like... the fuck?
Is this person serious??

What kind of conclusion is that...
going from
"an electric crew from MINNESOTA that great state RESTORED OUR POWER"
to
"IT WAS ALL THROUGH THE POWER OF PRAYER"

That person might be a troll

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Know what's on my facebook? Silly pictures and Gwynnies. I think you guys are doing it wrong. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-11-2012, 06:34 AM
(10-11-2012 06:05 AM)Leela Wrote:  ok... wow, that is ... like... the fuck?
Is this person serious??

What kind of conclusion is that...
going from
"an electric crew from MINNESOTA that great state RESTORED OUR POWER"
to
"IT WAS ALL THROUGH THE POWER OF PRAYER"

That person might be a troll

Unfortunately she's not. It's representative of some 400 ladies who like interior decorating. This is just an example of what they post...

Apparently the crew from the great state of Minnesota is a bunch of angels sent from god... Maybe heaven lies in Minnesota?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-11-2012, 08:56 AM
ahhhhhh facebook!
(10-11-2012 06:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Know what's on my facebook? Silly pictures and Gwynnies. I think you guys are doing it wrong. Tongue

I wish I had thought of that a year ago. I might still use Facebook. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
10-11-2012, 09:07 AM
(10-11-2012 08:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 06:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Know what's on my facebook? Silly pictures and Gwynnies. I think you guys are doing it wrong. Tongue

I wish I had thought of that a year ago. I might still use Facebook. Dodgy
If at first you don't succeed, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Yeah I'm with hoc on the facebook. I have so many people blocked from view I mostly just see posts from things I like.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-11-2012, 09:22 AM
I only add people I like on FB, so bullshit like this never comes up. Are you guys just going around and deliberately adding retards? Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
10-11-2012, 09:35 AM
ahhhhhh facebook!
(10-11-2012 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 08:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I wish I had thought of that a year ago. I might still use Facebook. Dodgy
If at first you don't succeed, ...

Meh, if I want to see some Gwynnies, I'll use my google machine. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
10-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I understand completely Dom-
My cousin posted this right after the election-

"A divided nation isn't looking so bad. Let them vote in complete morons, smoke their pot, dismantle the family and sweep morals and God aside. Let's also remember that most of "them" are not home or business owners, they are unarmed, live paycheck to paycheck with basically zero in savings and have little to no food storage. Let us never forget to hold every single voter accountable for the choices they've made. They will reap what they sow".

Messed up!

If no change in reality can change your belief - Then your belief is not based on anything in reality
[+] 1 user Likes Hope's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  my stealthy freedom facebook page Bows and Arrows 3 106 22-05-2014 11:04 AM
Last Post: Marozz
  Facebook Settings TheBear 3 95 15-05-2014 08:27 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Facebook poetry Dom 13 170 01-05-2014 06:15 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Facebook's recent addition of 56 Gender choices rampant.a.i. 38 633 18-02-2014 06:12 AM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  Sometimes Facebook isn't so bad. Anjele 1 98 29-01-2014 10:13 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Facebook et al may be improving the cause of Atheism Revenant77x 12 493 30-10-2013 03:56 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Trying to start a facebook page on atheism Derek Hammar 8 231 28-10-2013 09:46 PM
Last Post: guitarist