alright what is this supposed to be ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 06:31 AM
alright what is this supposed to be ?
I Google'd to see if there is any recent "scientific" statements by creationists and found this.........
http://www.science20.com/writer_on_the_e...oke-139982

yes there are some facts in there but the rest of it is just confusing Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 06:44 AM by Chas.)
RE: alright what is this supposed to be ?
(28-09-2014 06:31 AM)Ace Wrote:  I Google'd to see if there is any recent "scientific" statements by creationists and found this.........

I'd say the writer is either deeply confused about the science he thinks he knows or the article is a bit tongue in cheek.

Note that he is the author of the series "The Feng Shui Detective". Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2014, 07:07 AM
(28-09-2014 06:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 06:31 AM)Ace Wrote:  I Google'd to see if there is any recent "scientific" statements by creationists and found this.........

I'd say the writer is either deeply confused about the science he thinks he knows or the article is a bit tongue in cheek.

Note that he is the author of the series "The Feng Shui Detective". Big Grin

it feels like a gish gallop where facts are thrown in followed by opinions
28-09-2014, 07:58 AM
I take issue with this part:

Quote:Albert Einstein, who had a life-long fascination with metaphysics, believed atheism came from a mistaken belief that harmful superstition and a general belief in religious or mystical experience were the same thing, missing the fact that evolution would discard unhelpful beliefs and foster the growth of helpful ones.

Evolution isn't that efficient, it can maintain traits; such as a tendency to work well in groups, even though there are harmful by-products from that trait. (religion)

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-09-2014, 09:40 AM
How sad. Dont try to.debate such.people
28-09-2014, 09:50 AM
My post just showed up lol
29-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Quote: While this idea may seem outlandish—after all, it seems easy to decide not to believe in God
Um, no.

Quote:evidence from several disciplines indicates that what you actually believe is not a decision you make for yourself.
Ok, better.

Quote:“They point to studies showing, for example, that even people who claim to be committed atheists tacitly hold religious beliefs, such as the existence of an immortal soul.”
What, a few atheists? Certainly not even close to all atheists (and I'd probably argue "not a true atheist" Tongue ). So, wrong.

Quote:This shouldn’t come as a surprise, since we are born believers, not atheists, scientists say.
I think he's confusing theists as scientists.

Quote:Scientists have discovered that “invisible friends” are not something reserved for children. We all have them, and encounter them often in the form of interior monologues. As we experience events, we mentally tell a non-present listener about it.
Yes, to internal monologues, no to "invisible friends". Did this guy miss his meds this morning?

I'm done. Not reading the rest. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
29-09-2014, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2014 12:04 PM by Ace.)
(29-09-2014 10:54 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
Quote: While this idea may seem outlandish—after all, it seems easy to decide not to believe in God
Um, no.

*lots of words*

I'm done. Not reading the rest. Drinking Beverage

yeah its so confusing that reading it seems detrimental to mental health

I think he's confusing Buddhism or something with atheism when he says immortal soul, I'm not sure... Buddhism is something I have next to NO knowledge on