#alternativefacts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: #alternativefacts
(22-01-2017 08:36 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Someone I follow on Deviantart just posted a work titled Alternative Facts:

http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/art/Alte...-659062060

[Image: LAYsyO.jpg]

That’s hilarious and true of course.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 08:06 AM
[Image: CyV0O0EXUAAJypf.jpg:large]

Though in the case of that orange toad and his mindless toadies, I’m not even sure they actually believe it, more like, they really, really want it to be true, so it must be. Basically, they’re wishing on a (particularly crappy reality) star. Hardly surprising, given that they appear to possess all the maturity and thinking skills of a rather dim-witted ten-year-old (and I do apologise to ten-year-olds everywhere. Especially since they';re the ones who'll have to live in a world fucked up even more by this environmentally (among so many other things) irresponsible POS)

#alternativefacts have led to some hilarious posts, though...

[Image: 33xg4uw.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
23-01-2017, 09:54 AM
(22-01-2017 06:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you fucking kidding me? Facepalm

"The tensions flared anew on Sunday when Kellyanne Conway, one of Mr. Trump’s top advisers, said in a television interview that Mr. Spicer had merely presented “alternative facts” about the inauguration, prompting an astonished response from her questioner, Chuck Todd of NBC.

“Wait a minute — ‘alternative facts’?” Mr. Todd asked Ms. Conway on “Meet the Press.” “Look, alternative facts are not facts. They’re falsehoods.”

When Mr. Todd pressed her about why the administration had put Mr. Spicer behind the lectern for the first time to “utter a provable falsehood,” Ms. Conway responded with a sharp threat. “If we’re going to keep referring to our press secretary in those types of terms, I think that we’re going to have to rethink our relationship here,” she said.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/busin....html?_r=0

Kudos to Mr. Todd, fuck Conway and Spicer.

Not to defend Trump or his team here, and after hearing an interview with the press sectary in question, and watching the interview. It seems that whats being implied by the term "alternative facts", are another series of facts, supporting a counter position. Estimating crowd sizes is not an exact science, the press secretary suggested he used metro riders as a means. He also point out the picture comparisons, are inaccurate because the pictures used from Trump's crowd was prior to him talking the stand, while Obama's wasn't.

I don't know how accurate his claims here are, but it does help clarify Kellyanne's use of the term "alternative facts".

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
23-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Trump has always had alternative facts. Every time he speaks, he seems to be the only one believing his own BS (i.e., alternative facts).

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
23-01-2017, 10:43 AM
(23-01-2017 09:54 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't know how accurate his claims here are, but it does help clarify Kellyanne's use of the term "alternative facts".

No it doesn't. Conway was being pressed into explaining why Spicer was told to utter "a provable falsehood" and, after she avoided answering that question a couple of times, she was cornered and the "alternative facts" was nothing but her excuse for not having a better explanation.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-01-2017, 10:51 AM
I'll just state the obvious:

We have the new administration blatantly lying on the day after the inauguration, regarding a relatively trivial matter. And threatening dissenters when called on it.

Oh yeah. Gonna be a good four years... Evil_monster

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-01-2017, 10:59 AM
(23-01-2017 10:51 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I'll just state the obvious:

We have the new administration blatantly lying on the day after the inauguration, regarding a relatively trivial matter. And threatening dissenters when called on it.

Oh yeah. Gonna be a good four years... Evil_monster

Welcome to the study of malignant narcissism.

Perceive a slight - lash out. Persecute.

Reality is whatever he sees. He never lies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
23-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Thing is, all this could have been easily managed by someone who's actually competent.

It would have taken exactly zero effort for DJT to say, "Hmmm... looked like a lot of people to me. But no matter, it was a rainy cold day. I hope everyone had a good time."

But no. True to form, he doubled-down on the lie and got his minions to try and cover for him. Even Fox News (you can't make this stuff up) called the Trump administration out as liars. On day one. Source: Even Fox News Says Trump Is Lying About Inauguration Crowd Size

If he lies about something as inconsequential as the size of the crowd, his credibility is already shot. And he hasn't been President for even a week.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
23-01-2017, 11:26 AM
(23-01-2017 09:54 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 06:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you fucking kidding me? Facepalm

"The tensions flared anew on Sunday when Kellyanne Conway, one of Mr. Trump’s top advisers, said in a television interview that Mr. Spicer had merely presented “alternative facts” about the inauguration, prompting an astonished response from her questioner, Chuck Todd of NBC.

“Wait a minute — ‘alternative facts’?” Mr. Todd asked Ms. Conway on “Meet the Press.” “Look, alternative facts are not facts. They’re falsehoods.”

When Mr. Todd pressed her about why the administration had put Mr. Spicer behind the lectern for the first time to “utter a provable falsehood,” Ms. Conway responded with a sharp threat. “If we’re going to keep referring to our press secretary in those types of terms, I think that we’re going to have to rethink our relationship here,” she said.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/busin....html?_r=0

Kudos to Mr. Todd, fuck Conway and Spicer.

Not to defend Trump or his team here, and after hearing an interview with the press sectary in question, and watching the interview. It seems that whats being implied by the term "alternative facts", are another series of facts, supporting a counter position. Estimating crowd sizes is not an exact science, the press secretary suggested he used metro riders as a means. He also point out the picture comparisons, are inaccurate because the pictures used from Trump's crowd was prior to him talking the stand, while Obama's wasn't.

I don't know how accurate his claims here are, but it does help clarify Kellyanne's use of the term "alternative facts".
These photos were 1/2 hour apart. Trump is at 11:05, Obama is 11:35. And if you look carefully the Obama photo is taken further away and still can't get everyone in the photo. There are many thousands of people at the bottom of the photo that are out of range. There is a system of measuring crowd size that has been used and seems to be quite accurate.

[Image: Screenshot-1_21_2017-11_41_03-PM-1-768x434.jpg]

Kellyanne is a liar, so is trump.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-01-2017, 11:30 AM
(23-01-2017 11:26 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Kellyanne is a liar, so is trump.

Trump is an established liar, that's been known for a long, long time.

Conway intrigues me. While I despise most of what she stands for, I actually like her (though we've never met). I think she's well-spoken and handles herself well in front of difficult crowds and situations.

Prediction: She'll resign before the end of 2018 citing "health" or "personal" concerns and pen a scathing book about the inner workings of the Trump administration.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post