#alternativefacts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2017 12:45 PM by Vera.)
RE: #alternativefacts
(23-01-2017 02:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Spicer has become an overnight twitter meme.

That last one reminded me of this*:

[Image: if60wi.jpg]

Which, in turn, led me to this Facepalm

It’s the great port-a-potty cover-up for President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration. Workers preparing for the Jan. 20 event have taped over the name of the company “Don’s Johns” — that has long supplied portable restrooms for major outdoor events in the nation’s capital. Virginia-based Don’s Johns calls itself the Washington area’s top provider of portable toilet rentals. But the name apparently strikes too close to home for inaugural organizers. Workers have placed blue tape over the company name on dozens of portable restrooms installed near the Capitol for the inauguration. The company’s name is clearly visible upon close inspection, but is blocked for a wide-angle view by a TV or still camera."

Seriously, we must be part of some sort of giant, Truman Show-like thing, mustn't we? Mustn't we?! Shocking

[Image: ej2n5.jpg]

[Image: 2qlh9pc.jpg]

BTW, have you guys seen this? Genius!

*Though, the two *can* be hard to tell apart. On the other hand, portable toilets are not *always* full of shit, unlike Dung's Dump's Don's supporters Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
24-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Trump making an ignorant statement about crowd size is one thing. Being stupid and wrong is protected under free speech. Conway, lying her ass off when being confronted with pictures that show beyond a shadow of doubt (and what Tomasia is doing here with trying once again to lead a thread ad absurdum is beyond my me) the facts about the size of those crowds, and then calling her lies "alternative facts" is another thing and worrysome. But lying and ostensibly showing your character faults is still part of free speech.

The scary part was when they threatened the free press with consequences if they continue to point out that Trump is ignorant and his staff dishonest. When liars are threatening your for exposing their lies, then you should be worried about your freedom, because they seem to have bigger goals then just spreading lies

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 6 users Like Deesse23's post
24-01-2017, 02:33 PM
(24-01-2017 01:01 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The scary part was when they threatened the free press with consequences if they continue to point out that Trump is ignorant and his staff dishonest. When liars are threatening your for exposing their lies, then you should be worried about your freedom, because they seem to have bigger goals then just spreading lies

This can't be highlighted enough.

The slippery slope to government interference on press freedoms has already begun. It will not end well.

Trump needs to be impeached. Immediately. His lies are intolerable, and he hasn't even been in office for a week.

Even some of his Republican allies have had enough are calling for him to stop lying. Sources:
Lindsey Graham to Trump: Stop Claiming ‘Illegals’ Cost You Popular Vote

Spicer digs in on Trump's illegal voting claim, as Ryan distances
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
24-01-2017, 03:08 PM
(24-01-2017 02:33 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The slippery slope to government interference on press freedoms has already begun. It will not end well.

Actually i dont think this is a slippery slope problem at all, thats what i was trying to say. Slippery slope gives benefit of doubt to those engaged in it, and assumes some kind of good intention and bad execution, or something like not able to see a line that should not be crossed.

I will rephrase what i said:
If liars, whose claims are demonstrated to be true are threatening you then
#1 they intentionally lied
#2 they knew exactly what they were doing
#3 they dont care to be caught by you at all
#4 they think they can bully you into submission to whatever their greater goal is

Its one thing to have a run of the mill dishonest kind of lying-ish politician trying to wasel somehow out of what he just said.
Its a complete different ballpark if someone threatens you (publicly! On TV! For everybody to see!) with consequences should you keep pointing his lies out. This.is.Goebbels

When you face stuff like this, you are dealing with crminals with absolutely no remorse, and they are in control of your government now and oviously they are in the process to set up a propaganda apparatus.

Welcome to *insert your favourite tyranny*

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
24-01-2017, 03:38 PM
(23-01-2017 02:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You have an amazing country with fantastic people in it....

They talk funny and eat vegemite. Not sure they're not pod people.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-01-2017, 04:23 PM
(24-01-2017 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They talk funny and eat vegemite. Not sure they're not pod people.

Girly, dear, you're slipping. Are you okay? Confused

Actually, I kinda like it. Okay, it was Marmite, really, and I only had it once. In Brazil, of all places, 'cause a Brit had brung it with him all the way to Reno Rio. Ain't I globalised. Or something Rolleyes

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
24-01-2017, 04:34 PM
(24-01-2017 04:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  Girly, dear, you're slipping.

You have learned well, grasshopper. The garbage collection and reference grounding duties are now yours. I have gotten lazy and left many pointers dangling. Big Grin

(24-01-2017 04:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  Are you okay? Confused

Not sure. I think I'm seeing dancing trolls.

yeah, they're not Australian. Canadian/Australian, they're both pod people.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-01-2017, 04:36 PM
(24-01-2017 04:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, I kinda like it. Okay, it was Marmite, ...

Sounds like some sorta plastic explosive. Probably tastes like one too. Hell you can probably use it like one.

#sigh
24-01-2017, 05:36 PM
(24-01-2017 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You have learned well, grasshopper. The garbage collection and reference grounding duties are now yours.

Well, I did have a headstart. Was even considering starting a thread in which the whole conversation consists entirely of song lyrics (back when I was still here, I mean Rolleyes )

Quote:Not sure. I think I'm seeing dancing trolls.

And now I’ll spend the entire night, racking my brain, trying to remember where on Earth I know this song from. ‘Cause I sure as hell have seen it before, online or in a movie or something. Damn you [Image: damnyou.gif]

But if we’re gonna be talking about Aussie bands (and in light of PO(tu)S’ environmental and energy “policies” Angry

"And the company takes what the company wants
And nothing's as precious, as a hole in the ground"

"If I yell out at night there's a reply of bruised silence
The screen is no comfort I can't speak my sentence"
Undecided

Frankly, it tasted like a slightly buttered warm piece of toast with a bit of soya sauce on it. Which is something I kinda like, so I did enjoy it. What can I say, I like savoury things (boy, did I and the Brits have a hard time trying to explain the meaning of the word “savoury” to… well, can’t remember if it was the Americans or some other nationality but they were having trouble grasping the idea. Not sure why.)

PS. If Full Circle starts scolding us, in his new capacity of assistant chief whip, or whatever it’s called, I’d like to point out that it was Girly who started talking about slightly weird bread spreads Angel

One of my favourite songs, lyrics-wise, is by Men at Work, actually…

"Best off if you hang outside,
Don't come in, I'll only run and hide."

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
24-01-2017, 06:01 PM
(24-01-2017 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 04:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  Actually, I kinda like it. Okay, it was Marmite, ...

Sounds like some sorta plastic explosive. Probably tastes like one too. Hell you can probably use it like one.

You can actually probably something like vegemite or marmite in your grocery store. Look for vegetable soup stock in a jar as paste. I've had them all and they are basically the same thing. I use it in soups and stews and gravies all the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man