altruism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: altruism
(05-07-2017 12:43 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 07:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Actually altruism is observable in nature friend.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

As I said before trying to prove altruism by observing animals is like trying to prove that circumcision prevents STD's by comparing statistics from the USA to African countries instead of European. There is no way to question an nonhuman species about it's hierarchy of values.

Animal behaviorists spend their careers studying animals. I tend to place more weight in their understanding of them than you, who obviously has not. If you did spend a little time doing actual research on this subject you might change your limited conclusions.

But no, you'd much rather assume you're correct (without any evidence) and ignore anything that you don't agree with.

Your kind is a dime a dozen. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 01:57 PM
(05-07-2017 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 12:43 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  As I said before trying to prove altruism by observing animals is like trying to prove that circumcision prevents STD's by comparing statistics from the USA to African countries instead of European. There is no way to question an nonhuman species about it's hierarchy of values.

Animal behaviorists spend their careers studying animals. I tend to place more weight in their understanding of them than you, who obviously has not. If you did spend a little time doing actual research on this subject you might change your limited conclusions.

But no, you'd much rather assume you're correct (without any evidence) and ignore anything that you don't agree with.

I have read all too many of these studies. What they do is say "x did y therefore altruism". Forgive me if i have a difficult time accepting such a claim when they also claim that penguins and Prarie dogs are are monogamous.
05-07-2017, 02:04 PM
(05-07-2017 01:57 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Animal behaviorists spend their careers studying animals. I tend to place more weight in their understanding of them than you, who obviously has not. If you did spend a little time doing actual research on this subject you might change your limited conclusions.

I have read all too many of these studies. What they do is say "x did y therefore altruism". Forgive me if i have a difficult time accepting such a claim when they also claim that penguins and Prarie dogs are are monogamous.

You've already admitted in another thread that you don't believe half of the shit you say in another thread.

Why should anyone here waste any time with you?

How do I know that you've read anything? I think you're starting to flame out.

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 02:05 PM
(05-07-2017 01:57 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Animal behaviorists spend their careers studying animals. I tend to place more weight in their understanding of them than you, who obviously has not. If you did spend a little time doing actual research on this subject you might change your limited conclusions.

So you know better than people that are educated on a subject, perform the studies and evaluate the data?

Your negative rep isn't because you disagree with people here but then I think you already know that. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-07-2017, 02:11 PM
(05-07-2017 02:05 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:57 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I have read all too many of these studies. What they do is say "x did y therefore altruism". Forgive me if i have a difficult time accepting such a claim when they also claim that penguins and Prarie dogs are are monogamous.

So you know better than people that are educated on a subject, perform the studies and evaluate the data?

Your negative rep isn't because you disagree with people here but then I think you already know that. Drinking Beverage

Waste of space...

(05-07-2017 01:49 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  As i said elsewhere not every position i defend i believe.

Just a troll, since now we cannot be sure what this nut job actually believes or not...

Just arguing to argue.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 02:29 PM
(05-07-2017 01:57 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I have read all too many of these studies. What they do is say "x did y therefore altruism". Forgive me if i have a difficult time accepting such a claim when they also claim that penguins and Prarie dogs are are monogamous.

[Image: 101cbw.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
05-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Again I point to the study of circumcision and STD's along with the monogamy studies concerning penguines and prarie vole's. History is replete with scientists reading what they want to into studies. That's why it's important to actually look at the data and ask "does this match up with what is being claimed.".
Quote:Your negative rep isn't because you disagree with people here but then I think you already know that. Drinking Beverage
I am aware of who has given me a down check and trust me it's no hardship. I do not respect any of them. Adey67 and Girlyman on the other hand I actually respect even if we do disagree.
05-07-2017, 02:42 PM
(05-07-2017 02:35 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 02:05 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  So you know better than people that are educated on a subject, perform the studies and evaluate the data?

Again I point to the study of circumcision and STD's along with the monogamy studies concerning penguines and prarie vole's. History is replete with scientists reading what they want to into studies. That's why it's important to actually look at the data and ask "does this match up with what is being claimed.".

Sigh....

I believe you started a thread on altruism. It's clear you are being willfully disingenuous and obstinate. You have already admitted to not believing your own arguments....

Why should I believe any nonsense to bother to write?

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 03:07 PM
(05-07-2017 02:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 02:35 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Again I point to the study of circumcision and STD's along with the monogamy studies concerning penguines and prarie vole's. History is replete with scientists reading what they want to into studies. That's why it's important to actually look at the data and ask "does this match up with what is being claimed.".

Sigh....

I believe you started a thread on altruism. It's clear you are being willfully disingenuous and obstinate. You have already admitted to not believing your own arguments....

Why should I believe any nonsense to bother to write?

I have admitted to not holding all the positions I defend, that is quite different than not believing any of the arguments I defend. In the case in my discourse with Adey67 I will volunteer the information.

In this case also I will volunteer the information. I do believe that altruism is as imaginary as the existence in a god. I am genuinely curious if Altruism actually exists.
I have a very good reason for advocating the position of rational selfishness even though you feel threatened by the idea that selfishness could in anyway be considered virtuous. You do not have to believe me if you don't want. If you wish to start another thread then we can discuss whatever there however I am going to return to conversing about the original point.
05-07-2017, 03:20 PM
(05-07-2017 03:07 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I have admitted to not holding all the positions I defend, that is quite different than not believing any of the arguments I defend.

Play your semantic game elsewhere. You have zero credibity.

Less than zero actually.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post