am I a bad person for this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Im not even a athiest but I thought i'll ask here. When I was 5 I abused my dog. I felt bad about for a long time now, like at least a year. I don't think im a pshcopath because I didn't hurt my other dogs or another person in 18 years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Im not even a athiest but I thought i'd post here, when I was 5 I abused my dog, I felt bad about it for like a year now, I see some people say they think animal abuse is unforgivable, what do you think? Do you think if someone is sorry they did it and gives money to help animals you would forgive them?
27-05-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: am I a bad person for this?
(27-05-2017 01:03 PM)east side eric Wrote:  Im not even a athiest but I thought i'll ask here. When I was 5 I abused my dog. I felt bad about for a long time now, like at least a year. I don't think im a pshcopath because I didn't hurt my other dogs or another person in 18 years.

Children have immature brains. You didn't look at what you did when you were 5 the same way you look at it now, so you likely didn't even realize what you were doing. Since you are no longer the same person you were then, you are not accountable. If you never felt bad for what you had done, you might have something to worry about.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
27-05-2017, 04:34 PM
(27-05-2017 01:09 PM)east side eric Wrote:  I'm not even a atheist but I thought i'd post here, when I was 5 I abused my dog, I felt bad about it for like a year now, I see some people say they think animal abuse is unforgivable, what do you think? Do you think if someone is sorry they did it and gives money to help animals you would forgive them?

G'day Eric, and welcome to the forum.

—As a matter of interest, I note that you've posted this identical comment in another thread as well. This double posting is known as bad "netiquette" and is generally unacceptable on any/all web forums. Just a bit of friendly advice mate. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-05-2017, 05:03 PM
(27-05-2017 01:09 PM)east side eric Wrote:  Im not even a athiest but I thought i'd post here, when I was 5 I abused my dog, I felt bad about it for like a year now, I see some people say they think animal abuse is unforgivable, what do you think? Do you think if someone is sorry they did it and gives money to help animals you would forgive them?

I don't think you were mature enough to be held responsible for it for the rest of your life. If you were mature and abused a dog then I wouldn't give you the time of day.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
27-05-2017, 05:05 PM
I think I won't be commenting here as this a protected area.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Say three Hail Marys and you're off the hook. Drinking Beverage Dodgy But don't ever do it again.
27-05-2017, 05:26 PM
100% what Thoreauvian said.

Don't be so hard on yourself, bud. Kids do stupid stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
27-05-2017, 05:43 PM
You're not a terrible person and, as a word of advice:
Stop relying on other people to evaluate your self worth.

It's a bad habit to fall into. You'll keep looking back at your past and find less than desirable things. You're young, you were young. Leave it be, friend. Have a happy life, not one worrying about things you can't change.
[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post