am i the only one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 05:50 AM
am i the only one
(18-11-2012 05:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 04:05 PM)dj-hato Wrote:  am i the only one

Yeah. You are. I mean, we're all rational and logical, never letting our emotions run rampant. Never letting mythology increase our ire. Never initiating flights of fancy... like bigfoot... are you sure atheism is right for you? You might wanna think about agnosticism. Consider

Egor? Is that you? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 05:57 AM by houseofcantor.)
RE: am i the only one
(18-11-2012 05:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah. You are. I mean, we're all rational and logical, never letting our emotions run rampant. Never letting mythology increase our ire. Never initiating flights of fancy... like bigfoot... are you sure atheism is right for you? You might wanna think about agnosticism. Consider

Egor? Is that you? Consider
all your egor
are belong to us

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-11-2012, 05:53 AM
Ouch! Not even HoC deserves that insult!

That's cold Erx.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-11-2012, 06:43 AM
(18-11-2012 05:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 04:05 PM)dj-hato Wrote:  am i the only one

Yeah. You are. I mean, we're all rational and logical, never letting our emotions run rampant. Never letting mythology increase our ire. Never initiating flights of fancy... like bigfoot... are you sure atheism is right for you? You might wanna think about agnosticism. Consider
nope because i never say it is impossible just extremely unlikely i see no evidence therefore i see no need to believe it
and i think that classify`s me as an atheists

18-11-2012, 09:12 AM
am i the only one
(18-11-2012 05:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Egor? Is that you? Consider
all your egor
are belong to us

Creepy.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 10:01 AM
(17-11-2012 07:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think for some people atheism is a religion. Okay, now shoot me, I know you want to.

For the more 'militant' types that go to groups, and try to convert/de-convert (depending on perspective) I would call atheism their religion.

All right, I'll shoot you...

All that stuff you quoted about the definition of a religion - none of it applies to atheists.

I know plenty of atheists who are no more concerned about the origins of the universe than the average guy on the street. Their lack of belief in a deity doesn't make them automatically run out and watch everything on Nova. Sometimes the two go together; sometimes an atheist is curious about the creation of the universe, but then, sometimes theists are too. Drawing a correlation between belief in gods and interest in universal origins is a fallacy.

As for having meetings, moral codes, political agendas, well, I have gone to chess clubs where we have all those same considerations. That doesn't make chess a religion. It does make it a club. Those atheists who have meetings and hang out together are, at most, a club, not a church, not a religious congregation.

And for those few atheists who go on the march, converting/deconverting everyone they meet, spouting their atheistic wisdom to all and sundry, well, I know some Amway people (and Xango, and HerbalLive, ad infinitum) people who do that. OK, you got me there, those MLMs are religions too, come to think of it. Well, at least cults...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
19-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I get frustrated but I then remember that these are people who use something called "faith" as a means by which to look at the world. How does one discern any reality from fantasy or fact from fiction when faith itself means anything is possible and can be asserted as such with absolutely no evidence? Getting mad at them is an exercise in futility I am afraid. If they have forgone the use of logic and reason, then there can be no debate. If they want to think evolution a myth, it cares not and will continue to go about its merry way any damn way. They want atheism to be a religion? Why? Do they think that devalues it? What then of their faith? Would they admit it to be a weaker position due to it being a religion?

Of course, getting to these questions must first mean that they are listening and secondly, getting them to answer require them to think. Both of these criteria seem to be rare, and in a lot of cases, you might get one or the other, but fear and indoctrination lead them back into their circular arguments. A case of digging themselves in deeper because they are looking for answers thorough a lens and are unable to recognize it. A lens may appear to be transparent to the untrained eye, but some additional tests will reveal it to be there. Then a hammer must be taken to that lens.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
19-11-2012, 07:16 PM
(18-11-2012 05:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah. You are. I mean, we're all rational and logical, never letting our emotions run rampant. Never letting mythology increase our ire. Never initiating flights of fancy... like bigfoot... are you sure atheism is right for you? You might wanna think about agnosticism. Consider

Whaddya mean? Huh Bigfoot is real, I haz deh proofz.

[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-11-2012, 07:50 PM
OH GOD WHY

[Image: scaredcat.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
19-11-2012, 08:06 PM