an atheist living in highly religious country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 07:18 AM
RE: an atheist living in highly religious country
In Seth's latest podcast he interviewed a guy that is involved with Ex Muslim North America . They might have some resources or ideas for you.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: an atheist living in highly religious country
!خوش آمدید

As you may know, the largest Iranian community outside Iran is located in Los Angeles, California, USA. In fact, the Westwood (وست وود) section of L.A. is so Persian it's known locally as Tehrangeles. If you google that word in Google Image, you'll see what I mean.

My suggestion is to get to know some people in that community--IF it's safe for you to do so online. (I'm surprised the Islamic Republic doesn't block Internet access to TTA! But I don't know whether they track the online activity of individual Iranians.) For example, you might contact members of the various Iranian student associations in the U.S., in particular the ones in the Los Angeles area (like USC and UCLA).

http://www.parstimes.com/education/stude...tions.html

Iranians who have successfully emigrated may have practical advice for you that you'll find useful.

I lived in Iran for a year before the revolution. It was wonderful. I'd love to go back and visit, but not to the Islamic Republic.

.امیدوارم که بتونید یک زندگی نو و بهتر خارج از جمهوری اسلامی پیدا کنید

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply