an idea for dealing with the pledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: an idea for dealing with the pledge
I don't care for making kids say the pledge of allegiance regardless of whether or not it says "under god"

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
25-11-2014, 09:48 AM
(24-11-2014 01:35 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I cant remember if we said it in middle, and by high school (1980's) if they said it, most people sat thru it.
Usually in junior high and high school, the kids just kinda stood there with their hand over their heart and looked around.
The boys seemed to use the added height of standing to look at all the girls in view.
Not that I ever did that..... Tongue

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
25-11-2014, 10:04 AM
(25-11-2014 09:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, I didn't. You are either stupid, a liar, or a stupid liar.

I stated that Canada's government is secular and the majority of Germans were Christians.

I repeat, was the Nazi GOVERNMENT Christian or secular?

Who gives a shit? Start your own thread, this one is about the pledge of allegiance.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
25-11-2014, 10:11 AM
(25-11-2014 09:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, I didn't. You are either stupid, a liar, or a stupid liar.

I stated that Canada's government is secular and the majority of Germans were Christians.

I repeat, was the Nazi GOVERNMENT Christian or secular?

Read for yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nazi_Germany

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 10:24 AM
(24-11-2014 11:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  I stated that Canada's government is secular and the majority of Germans were Christians.

It feels like the Germans still are. Religious imagery is everywhere you go, they even built churches and shrines across mountain trails. And there's the church tax.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
25-11-2014, 02:53 PM
(25-11-2014 10:04 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 09:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I repeat, was the Nazi GOVERNMENT Christian or secular?

Who gives a shit? Start your own thread, this one is about the pledge of allegiance.

Sorry for the interruption. Is the government of the USA Christian or secular, do you think?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

~ first amendment to the United States Constitution Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-11-2014, 03:28 PM
(25-11-2014 03:04 PM)kim Wrote:  Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

~ first amendment to the United States Constitution Drinking Beverage

And was that amendment religiously informed or was it ensuring a secular government, do you think? I've heard it presented both ways before.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 04:31 PM
The pledge of allegiance is FASCIST. How does no one see this? It is a fascist exercise in conformity.

I'm talking about in schools. If adults want to do it, wherever they want to do it, I have no problem with that. And I have no problem with the military being compelled to do something like it (sans the under God part, which needlessly belittles atheist service members).

But children? No, you don't compel kids to recite words they don't know the meanings of to satisfy your sense of patriotism. That's fascism. YOU want to say the pledge? Be my guest. But get your grubby gottdam conformist brainwashing machine off my damn kids, bitch. Smile

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 4 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
25-11-2014, 04:37 PM
(25-11-2014 02:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 10:04 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Who gives a shit? Start your own thread, this one is about the pledge of allegiance.

Sorry for the interruption. Is the government of the USA Christian or secular, do you think?

The government does not officially enforce or endorse any religion.