anatomy: not for the faint of heart

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
anatomy: not for the faint of heart
I totally should have done something like this for a living. I would love to get in there and play around with organs.. at least while people are dead. When they are alive, it's quite a bit more stressful.

This is the episode on the reproductive system. It's probably nothing you don't already know about. I think I'd actually seen this before, but don't remember exactly. It's been a while though...

Anatomy For Beginners Episode 4 Reproduction

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: anatomy: not for the faint of heart
I remember seeing this just before I moved to Oz from the UK.
Wonderful stuff from Channel 4 and expertly advertised by e.g. the Daily Mail because of their predictable outrage.

Impossible not to wince during the slicing of the scrotum and the penis.
OUCH!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-03-2012, 07:36 PM
(10-03-2012 07:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I remember seeing this just before I moved to Oz from the UK.
Wonderful stuff from Channel 4 and expertly advertised by e.g. the Daily Mail because of their predictable outrage.

Impossible not to wince during the slicing of the scrotum and the penis.
OUCH!

I had seen this before, but couldn't remember when. It's good to know the names and stuff so if anything really does happen, you aren't quite so lost when the doctor is talking you through things. I personally don't like when they try to dumb it down too much.

10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't think I'm mature enough to watch this.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
(10-03-2012 07:48 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  I don't think I'm mature enough to watch this.

Thought you were 25 or something? You fib about your age to the system?.. or do you mean mental maturity?

10-03-2012, 08:37 PM
(10-03-2012 07:55 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 07:48 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  I don't think I'm mature enough to watch this.

Thought you were 25 or something? You fib about your age to the system?.. or do you mean mental maturity?

Age has no bearing on maturity. Wink
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
How awkward would that be for the live subjects... Blush

I know one thing, there's no way in hell I'd be able to be a surgeon....

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
11-03-2012, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 05:33 PM by craniumonempty.)
(10-03-2012 08:37 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Age has no bearing on maturity. Wink

Well, I guess it is relative, but I wouldn't say it has "no" bearing as a lot of maturity comes from experience... or so I've been told. I have yet to find it.
(10-03-2012 09:48 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  How awkward would that be for the live subjects... Blush

I know one thing, there's no way in hell I'd be able to be a surgeon....

I don't think it's that awkward given the setting. It's like someone doing a play with a nude scene. Awkward at first, but if it stays professional, it's kind of normal if you don't let your own thoughts get in the way.

Yeah, cutting people open probably isn't for everyone. If the person is alive, I can imagine that it's pretty stressful, but I wouldn't mind doing it to a cadaver.

11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Daamn, that's even worse than when I saw a document on gender switching surgery Undecided I can't see how such a documen could possibly be recorded and aired. My first guess was a sponsoring from the Chinese government and it's rich supply of expendable dissidents.

American radical documentary style + human anatomy = a bad idea.
Does anyone still believe that aliens need to abduct people and examine them with anal probes? They'd just look at this document, say their equivalent of "Aww, that's gross," and fly away.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
(11-03-2012 06:02 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Daamn, that's even worse than when I saw a document on gender switching surgery Undecided I can't see how such a documen could possibly be recorded and aired. My first guess was a sponsoring from the Chinese government and it's rich supply of expendable dissidents.

American radical documentary style + human anatomy = a bad idea.
Does anyone still believe that aliens need to abduct people and examine them with anal probes? They'd just look at this document, say their equivalent of "Aww, that's gross," and fly away.

It's anatomy. People do this stuff all the time on cadavers. Yeah, usually it's not on youtube or the like, but I think it's good to have free information like this. Yeah, maybe not for everyone, but it's an up close look at the real thing.

... Hmm, didn't think about the aliens. lol, maybe that's what the video is for, to lower abductions by showing the aliens how we are... yeah.