ancient aleins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: ancient aleins
(01-04-2015 01:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 01:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm an alien - I have a U.S. Government issued ID that attests to that (Form I-151).

And some people around these parts believe I'm ancient.

Soooooooo - checkmate, scoffers. Angry

Yes you are.

FYI few know about Chas:

When he was a kid he drew paintings in his cave.

[Image: image_1529_1e-Taboco.jpg]

I'm pretty sure that one was done by my little brother. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2015, 04:59 PM
What is an "alien?" The actual definition refers to someone belonging to a foreign country, so we can also refer to an alien as a "stranger" and this connection can then lead to the "Stranger" in Plato's Sophist. Plato's Stranger is obviously intended to represent a Sophist and Plato elsewhere identifies Homer and Hesiod as Sophists. Since the beginning of recorded history Sophists have expressed everything in allegory and parables so naturally they have also assigned metaphors to themselves and one of these metaphors is "aliens".

Where the Sophist trap of religion has failed to catch some, the Sophists have deployed additional traps. UFO's, ghosts, astrology, and other esoteric subjects are all Sophist traps. They tell the "truth" but it is disguised with metaphors. Each trap affects a person's perception of the world. They serve to divide and conquer us. (The Sophists even use news media to send messages to each other and this is why the Roswell story was created.)

We may watch a movie such as the Matrix and get a sense that it is sending us hidden messages, but because we don't have the proper context, we misinterpret the messages and waste our time chasing shadows. If you are really interested in mysteries, try deciphering Sophist allegory. What you find will amaze you.
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2015, 07:14 PM
(01-04-2015 12:56 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  [Image: 8cKovi8.jpg]

Damn, I hate it when anyone -- including an alien -- uses those air-quotes with his fingers. Those fuckers should be shot in the face with rocksalt.
09-04-2015, 03:19 AM
Bunch a party poopers.

I'm gonna go watch Prometheus and think about philosophical shit.
09-04-2015, 08:13 AM
I fell for this when I was a teen (a long time ago). Part of it was mixing up the near certainty that extraterrestrial life exists with the question of them having visited Earth. Two different issues! I bought into the argument that primitives could not have built the pyramids too until I saw an excellent documentary that detailed exactly how it could be done.
09-04-2015, 08:21 AM
I blame Erich

[Image: 61106663.jpg]

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
09-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Good call, Alex. If the internet had been around back then, I would have learned that he was not just a bad scientist but a fraud. It was a good lesson in the value of skepticism though. I got better.
09-04-2015, 08:48 AM
(09-04-2015 03:19 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Bunch a party poopers.

I'm gonna go watch Prometheus and think about philosophical shit.

Prometheus is, among other things, such an abject miscarriage of an attempt at philosophical commentary that I find Angels&Demons positively inspiring in comparison. Oh how I hate Damon Lindelof, that intellectual lightweight.

(09-04-2015 08:44 AM)AFTT47 Wrote:  Good call, Alex. If the internet had been around back then, I would have learned that he was not just a bad scientist but a fraud. It was a good lesson in the value of skepticism though. I got better.

Can we really call him a fraud? From what I've seen he was very careful not to say anything definite that could be held against him, but used to insinuate so shamelessly as to beg the question every time.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
09-04-2015, 08:48 AM
I know there are aliens for two reasons.

1. I dated an illegal alien while I was stationed in Connecticut, but they don't build pyramids they work in restaurants in New York Chinatown.

2. Now I'm a resident alien in Canada, and I can assure you all I exist. And yes, I built the pyramids.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
09-04-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm an alien, and my wife too.