and Youtube's subscription system continues to suck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 03:23 PM by cactus.)
and Youtube's subscription system continues to suck
"Oh, look guys, we made it easier to actually get all the new video notifications from channels you subscribe to. Now instead of going to the manage subscriptions page and individually clicking on each of your hundreds of subscriptions and setting them to 'show me ALL the new uploads, dammit!', you can just click through to each individual channel that you're subscribed to, wait for the Autoplay video to load, and then click the little bell icon. Easy as that. Don't you just love how we've streamlined the process?"

Yeah no, Youtube. The bell sucks, and Facebook sucked for implementing a similar system.

"Hey, why aren't people interested in our awesome Youtube Red service?"
"I don't know. Maybe we should just kill it off, like we did with Google Reader."
"Nah, not yet. Let's just make people jump through extra hoops to watch what they want to watch, so we can trick them into watching more sponsored content."
"Great idea!"

No Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: and Youtube's subscription system continues to suck
Ahhh first world problems......

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
09-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Ech. Patreon is how my favorites make a living now. I usually just visit the channels of people I like since I don't have a complete record of all that goes through my subscription list.

In short, something that offers a better deal than Youtube must come along. Then Google can watch their Gestap... I mean Youtube Heroes plans dissapate into nothingness.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-12-2016, 10:09 PM
What I don't get is there's no way you can view all of your YouTube comments. And yes, I comment on YouTube sometimes.
10-12-2016, 10:36 AM
(09-12-2016 05:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Ahhh first world problems......

Yes. Laugh out load My kids get pissed about having to click on three buttons instead of two to do something on the computer. Laugh out load (imitates mini violin playing music with thumb and index finger) What really sucks is when you have to go out and spend 10 hours digging in hard clay to put in a sump pump so water doesn't come flooding into your house. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Can't wait for the Vorlons to get here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Now they're showing me 30-second commercials I can't skip, hell I even saw one from volvo or something that was like 4 minutes long. And they let me skip them less and less often and I have to wait longer times. Wonder what I can do about this? Should be something. What if I write a script to accelerate my system clock?

#sigh
10-12-2016, 11:59 AM
(10-12-2016 11:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now they're showing me 30-second commercials I can't skip, hell I even saw one from volvo or something that was like 4 minutes long. And they let me skip them less and less often and I have to wait longer times. Wonder what I can do about this? Should be something. What if I write a script to accelerate my system clock?

Burn your computer and sell the ashes. There's nothing you can do now.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-12-2016, 12:16 PM
(10-12-2016 11:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now they're showing me 30-second commercials I can't skip, hell I even saw one from volvo or something that was like 4 minutes long. And they let me skip them less and less often and I have to wait longer times. Wonder what I can do about this? Should be something. What if I write a script to accelerate my system clock?

Just use Firefox. I never seen YouSlob adverts. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2016, 12:50 PM
(10-12-2016 12:16 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Just use Firefox. I never seen YouSlob adverts. Thumbsup

Really. Let me try that. ... nope. I still get them.

#sigh