and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 04:33 AM
RE: and on to another subject
(05-06-2014 04:26 AM)Juv Wrote:  From one of the videos War Horse posted, the problem is that a lot of western women behave with an extreme sense of entitlement. This is (likely) causing some western men to hook up with Asian women, because they make better mates.
You mean you like nice little meek women who do as they're told? What *example* that is *not* an absurd caricature can you give of Western women acting with a sense of entitlement and even if they were, why the fuck are you whining? You don't have to date them.

Quote:The guy who makes the videos is expressing one mans opinion, but personally, I've heard many men agree what he is saying.
Then they're losers.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
05-06-2014, 04:36 AM
[Image: 3115024893_20d8500e41.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 04:39 AM
(05-06-2014 04:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  [Image: 3115024893_20d8500e41.jpg]

That guy doesn't get laid.
05-06-2014, 04:39 AM
(05-06-2014 03:57 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 03:07 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I refuse to label myself as a feminist because of the extremist all men are pigs attitude that seems to be associated with feminism these days.

I hate this stupid gender war. Pointing your finger at the opposite sex and saying "you're the problem!" is completely childish.

What if we judge individual people based on their actions instead of their gender? Why is that so hard. I happen to be young and western. I don't feel like I am entitled to anything more than the same respect I give to everyone else.

I have wondered why young women run the other way when feminist is mentioned. A stereotype seems to have emerged: dyke, men haters, women oppose to the feminine: bows, ribbons, makeup, pregnancy, dresses, short dresses, etc.

However, present day, current feminism is third wave. They tend to focus on the condition of society and gender; gender here being inclusive of everything gender related.

LostandInsecure, I really don't see what you are saying. I have the pleasure of knowing many men and women calling themselves feminists. None I have met so far are hate filled against men. Although, I am sure there are people who present themselves so. These I would call mentally ill.

Without feminists in the world, I'm afraid the women in Afghanistan, many African countries, and women in all third world countries would be adrift with no hope for their future as free and independent women. There are women in these countries fighting tooth and nail to abolish genital mutilation, marrying off 9 year old girls, child prostitution, honor killings, the list goes on. And I believe we continue to need identified feminists in the western world also..

I don't have a problem with feminism itself, I just don't like the stereotypes that come with the label. I prefer to call myself an egalitarian.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 04:43 AM
(05-06-2014 04:39 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  [Image: 3115024893_20d8500e41.jpg]

That guy doesn't get laid.

It's Bill Bailey. An extremely funny comedian and talented musician. He's married.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 04:45 AM
(05-06-2014 04:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:26 AM)Juv Wrote:  From one of the videos War Horse posted, the problem is that a lot of western women behave with an extreme sense of entitlement. This is (likely) causing some western men to hook up with Asian women, because they make better mates.
You mean you like nice little meek women who do as they're told?
Yes. This is what men want. Always and forever.
(05-06-2014 04:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:39 AM)Juv Wrote:  That guy doesn't get laid.

It's Bill Bailey. An extremely funny comedian and talented musician. He's married.

Yes, he's rich, successful, talented and loved by millions. But he doesn't get laid.

Apparently.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
(05-06-2014 03:57 AM)Dee Wrote:  LostandInsecure, I really don't see what you are saying. I have the pleasure of knowing many men and women calling themselves feminists. None I have met so far are hate filled against men. Although, I am sure there are people who present themselves so. These I would call mentally ill.

Bahhhh I just want to clarify that I do not think these stereotypes are true of feminists. But the stereotypes are still there, and I don't want to be grouped in to that stereotype.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
(05-06-2014 04:39 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 03:57 AM)Dee Wrote:  I have wondered why young women run the other way when feminist is mentioned. A stereotype seems to have emerged: dyke, men haters, women oppose to the feminine: bows, ribbons, makeup, pregnancy, dresses, short dresses, etc.

However, present day, current feminism is third wave. They tend to focus on the condition of society and gender; gender here being inclusive of everything gender related.

LostandInsecure, I really don't see what you are saying. I have the pleasure of knowing many men and women calling themselves feminists. None I have met so far are hate filled against men. Although, I am sure there are people who present themselves so. These I would call mentally ill.

Without feminists in the world, I'm afraid the women in Afghanistan, many African countries, and women in all third world countries would be adrift with no hope for their future as free and independent women. There are women in these countries fighting tooth and nail to abolish genital mutilation, marrying off 9 year old girls, child prostitution, honor killings, the list goes on. And I believe we continue to need identified feminists in the western world also..

I don't have a problem with feminism itself, I just don't like the stereotypes that come with the label. I prefer to call myself an egalitarian.

Egalitarianism is total fucking bullshit.
05-06-2014, 04:47 AM
(05-06-2014 04:31 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Read the thread, dude.

I don't know about 'any other area', but I claim that high tech is pretty free of gender discrimination in pay and promotion, in my experience.
I have been in the high tech sector for decades.

The "in my experience" is a great big cop out, allowing you to dismiss any evidence given to you. Also, given that you're male and come across as a sexist pig I doubt you'd recognise gender discrimination unless it stole about a third of your pay every month.

Go fuck yourself. Really.
You don't know me and you apparently didn't actually read what I wrote in this thread.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user