and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: and on to another subject
Besides whats with all this "traditional wife" talk?! I thought this was an atheist forum? Doesnt all that crap come from scriptures?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-06-2014, 08:25 AM
WarHorse, if you're seriously interested in this then you should speak to people who have moved out there or who have brought their Asian girlfriends over to America and married them. How many of them find themselves divorced and penniless? How many Asian women start making demands once they're married?

There should be discussion forums out there that you could go on where you can find out. Chatting to mates about it who only see the green grass on the other side of the fence will give you a skewed impression.
05-06-2014, 08:29 AM
(05-06-2014 08:25 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  WarHorse, if you're seriously interested in this then you should speak to people who have moved out there or who have brought their Asian girlfriends over to America and married them. How many of them find themselves divorced and penniless? How many Asian women start making demands once they're married?

There should be discussion forums out there that you could go on where you can find out. Chatting to mates about it who only see the green grass on the other side of the fence will give you a skewed impression.

Fair comment.

Also, WH, chat with Lalida... an actual Thai lady.

Except her connection is crap right now.

05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
(05-06-2014 08:25 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  WarHorse, if you're seriously interested in this then you should speak to people who have moved out there or who have brought their Asian girlfriends over to America and married them. How many of them find themselves divorced and penniless? How many Asian women start making demands once they're married?

No,no,no. where did you get the impression that I wanted to do this myself ? Gasp

I have been talking to very same people that you suggest I talk to, thats what started this whole discussion.

Hell, I had to learn English and by now have forgotten most of my German and I dont need to learn yet another language...... and I dont care how good the pussy is.

Not to mention, I probably couldnt ride my H-D over there, so thats a deal breaker right of the bat.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
05-06-2014, 08:36 AM
(05-06-2014 08:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Fair comment.

Also, WH, chat with Lalida... an actual Thai lady.

Except her connection is crap right now.

I really need to put her in touch with my one friend thats about to sell everything he owns to go this route..... he sure is adamant and hyped up about it all.

05-06-2014, 08:43 AM
(05-06-2014 08:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:00 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  WarHorse, can I ask what is it about eastern women that is so great and/or western women that is bad?

Well according to what I'm hearing, the Asian women are more traditional in the relationship, where as western women are seen as loud, obnoxious and out for themselves only.

I personally have no experience with Asian women, so I cant state to any degree if this is so. I'm going by what I'm told by people that have more experience with Asian women and culture.

You must remember too, that most of the people I get around these days are of the old school biker variety, and we do tend to lean a bit more towards traditional relationships and most have the money to get what they want.

I really shouldn't ask, but what exactly do you mean by more traditional?

Also, in retrospect, do you feel like it would have made more sense to just say that you happen to be more attracted to "traditional" women. Instead of accusing all western women of being entitled and obnoxious, and insulting most of the women on this forum?

I really really struggle with accepting guys who say they just like a more "traditional" woman. It's a bias that I carry because I am quiet and submissive and obedient, and these are not traits (which I think come naturally to me) that I am particularly fond of because they tend to attract abusive sexist men.

I know that it isn't fair for me to judge other men for being attracted to "traditional" women just because if my personal experiences with men, and I try not to. I think it's also not fair for you to generalize all western women as selfish and obnoxious based solely on your experience with women.

Not to mention that I think being outspoken, confident, and independent are admirable qualities and that is how I see most western women.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-06-2014, 08:44 AM
(05-06-2014 08:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Besides whats with all this "traditional wife" talk?! I thought this was an atheist forum? Doesnt all that crap come from scriptures?

I'm sure you can read between the lines when I say 'traditional' (in context here)

05-06-2014, 08:48 AM
(05-06-2014 08:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Besides whats with all this "traditional wife" talk?! I thought this was an atheist forum? Doesnt all that crap come from scriptures?

I'm sure you can read between the lines when I say 'traditional' (in context here)

My two views of traditional are this (and this may be because I'm in my 30s and havent seen much different)

A) Traditional (we will say christian here cause thats what I know best) christian/religious wife

B) Traditional 1950s style american housewife.

I would never want to be either of these. (This is different then choosing to be a stay at home mom, before any of you women beat me with a stick. The difference here is CHOOSING) Lol

Outside of that I dont see what else would be considered traditional. I would like to think traditional would be "two people fighting equally together through this crazy life as partners" But maybe I'm the odd one out?
05-06-2014, 08:48 AM
(05-06-2014 08:43 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Well according to what I'm hearing, the Asian women are more traditional in the relationship, where as western women are seen as loud, obnoxious and out for themselves only.

I personally have no experience with Asian women, so I cant state to any degree if this is so. I'm going by what I'm told by people that have more experience with Asian women and culture.

You must remember too, that most of the people I get around these days are of the old school biker variety, and we do tend to lean a bit more towards traditional relationships and most have the money to get what they want.

I really shouldn't ask, but what exactly do you mean by more traditional?

Also, in retrospect, do you feel like it would have made more sense to just say that you happen to be more attracted to "traditional" women. Instead of accusing all western women of being entitled and obnoxious, and insulting most of the women on this forum?

I really really struggle with accepting guys who say they just like a more "traditional" woman. It's a bias that I carry because I am quiet and submissive and obedient, and these are not traits (which I think come naturally to me) that I am particularly fond of because they tend to attract abusive sexist men.

I know that it isn't fair for me to judge other men for being attracted to "traditional" women just because if my personal experiences with men, and I try not to. I think it's also not fair for you to generalize all western women as selfish and obnoxious based solely on your experience with women.

Not to mention that I think being outspoken, confident, and independent are admirable qualities and that is how I see most western women.

You really need to stop this Losty, you again go on the attack with me. I have repeatedly stated that these are things I'm hearing from others.

And yes, I tend to agree with some of it, but by no way, all of it.

So quit jumping on me.

05-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Side note:

Gosh I'm so glad I have Near! Lol

/End side note