and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: and on to another subject
(05-06-2014 08:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm sure you can read between the lines when I say 'traditional' (in context here)

My two views of traditional are this (and this may be because I'm in my 30s and havent seen much different)

A) Traditional (we will say christian here cause thats what I know best) christian/religious wife

B) Traditional 1950s style american housewife.

I would never want to be either of these. (This is different then choosing to be a stay at home mom, before any of you women beat me with a stick. The difference here is CHOOSING) Lol

Outside of that I dont see what else would be considered traditional. I would like to think traditional would be "two people fighting equally together through this crazy life as partners" But maybe I'm the odd one out?

Fair enough, we have different life experiences and the meanings thus change, or at least the perception there of.

Hang out with some hardcore bikers for 20-30 years and we'll talk again.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 08:54 AM
(05-06-2014 08:52 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My two views of traditional are this (and this may be because I'm in my 30s and havent seen much different)

A) Traditional (we will say christian here cause thats what I know best) christian/religious wife

I would never want to be either of these. (This is different then choosing to be a stay at home mom, before any of you women beat me with a stick. The difference here is CHOOSING) Lol

Outside of that I dont see what else would be considered traditional. I would like to think traditional would be "two people fighting equally together through this crazy life as partners" But maybe I'm the odd one out?

Fair enough, we have different life experiences and the meanings thus change, or at least the perception there of.

I dont want to wait! Lol

Can you explain what you mean by traditional? I really am curious.
05-06-2014, 08:55 AM
(05-06-2014 08:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Besides whats with all this "traditional wife" talk?! I thought this was an atheist forum? Doesnt all that crap come from scriptures?

I'm sure you can read between the lines when I say 'traditional' (in context here)

Maybe they should try the BDSM lifestyle? That way it is sane, sane, consensual and the relationship can still be built on equality.

Both partners need to be equals in a non-abusive relationship if it is to last.
05-06-2014, 08:58 AM
(05-06-2014 08:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:43 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I really shouldn't ask, but what exactly do you mean by more traditional?

Also, in retrospect, do you feel like it would have made more sense to just say that you happen to be more attracted to "traditional" women. Instead of accusing all western women of being entitled and obnoxious, and insulting most of the women on this forum?

I really really struggle with accepting guys who say they just like a more "traditional" woman. It's a bias that I carry because I am quiet and submissive and obedient, and these are not traits (which I think come naturally to me) that I am particularly fond of because they tend to attract abusive sexist men.

I know that it isn't fair for me to judge other men for being attracted to "traditional" women just because if my personal experiences with men, and I try not to. I think it's also not fair for you to generalize all western women as selfish and obnoxious based solely on your experience with women.

Not to mention that I think being outspoken, confident, and independent are admirable qualities and that is how I see most western women.

You really need to stop this Losty, you again go on the attack with me. I have repeatedly stated that these are things I'm hearing from others.

And yes, I tend to agree with some of it, but by no way, all of it.

So quit jumping on me.

When did I attack you? This is the first time I have spoken to you about this. And I am not attacking you. I promise.
I specifically pointed out that I struggle with that and I try not to be biased about it.
Because I know that my personal experiences are just that and I won't judge you based on them.

Oh never mind then. I was trying to have a nice mature conversation since it seemed like everyone had chilled out a few notches. I'm not here to fight with you or judge you. Come on. Really? That's what you pulled out if my comment? A personal attack?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 09:00 AM
(05-06-2014 08:52 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My two views of traditional are this (and this may be because I'm in my 30s and havent seen much different)

I grew up around a skydiving hells angel. Is that enough?
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-06-2014, 09:23 AM
(05-06-2014 09:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I grew up around a skydiving hells angel. Is that enough?

They must have gone through a hell of a lot of bikes in their time ...
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 09:26 AM
(05-06-2014 09:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 09:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I grew up around a skydiving hells angel. Is that enough?

They must have gone through a hell of a lot of bikes in their time ...

ROFL. Possibly.

I have seen video of him riding a little plastic toy car down from the plane during one of his jumps. Does that count?

Skydivers are crazy. I've seen a lot of weird shit. Tongue
05-06-2014, 09:31 AM
So this thread has come full circle.

The PERCEPTION that American/Western women only operate if they get paid to love because they are entitled, and men going to Asian countries to PAY for that same love but for a cheaper price.

got it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
(05-06-2014 09:31 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  So this thread has come full circle.

The PERCEPTION that American/Western women only operate if they get paid to love because they are entitled, and men going to Asian countries to PAY for that same love but for a cheaper price.

got it.

... and perception is not the same as reality.

I do think that all relationships are transactional. Payment comes in many different forms.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-06-2014, 09:39 AM
(05-06-2014 09:31 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  So this thread has come full circle.

got it.

um....
Everyone likes a good sale? FacepalmFacepalm