and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: and on to another subject
(05-06-2014 12:13 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:06 PM)War Horse Wrote:  There ya go, and thats what the problem is with most women, they need to go ballisticly over the top and appeal to emotional manipulation.

I'm done talking to you for now undergroundp, your having a meltdown.

There ya go, and that's what the problem is with some men, they need to completely ignore and avoid answering any argument and think they've won in the end.

I don't see any appeal to emotion there. Just irony. Saying that all women are selfish and not all men are is clear cut sexism, nothing less.

Ah..... I see, its all about winning.....gotcha. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(05-06-2014 12:16 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:13 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  There ya go, and that's what the problem is with some men, they need to completely ignore and avoid answering any argument and think they've won in the end.

I don't see any appeal to emotion there. Just irony. Saying that all women are selfish and not all men are is clear cut sexism, nothing less.

Ah..... I see, its all about winning.....gotcha. Drinking Beverage

Red herrings all over the place.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
(05-06-2014 12:13 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:07 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hahahahaha! *cough*

Oh my. Hobo Sorry.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

It gets even funnier:

Quote:No, it applies to men as well, just not in such a relentless way.

Here we go again with the sarcasm and childish replies. Fuck it , atheism or not the religitard bleeds through. I'm done in here, it obviously wont be civil unless I drop my opinions in favor of the feminists and their minions, which just wont be happening.

Not much left to "discuss" is there..... nope!

05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
(05-06-2014 12:06 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 11:57 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  If I'm wrong, please correct me. Offer me a single argument that disproves what I just said. Fyi, I have admitted I've been wrong countless times in my life. You don't know me.

Saying that all women on the planet are selfish (implying that not all men are) is not a "little negative thing". It's false. It's bigotry. It's sexism.

I'm part of the problem because I react to an abasement of all women? Well, fuck, excuse me, sir. I'll just go back into my kitchen and be silent as the fucking Bible says.

There ya go, and thats what the problem is with most women, they need to go ballisticly over the top and appeal to emotional manipulation.

I'm done talking to you for now undergroundp, your having a meltdown.

If anyone is in histrionics my friend it is you. You have ignored all criticism and counterpoints in this entire thread and are basically using the no true scotsman approach to anyone that disagrees with you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Look, if you people want to tip toe around in a fucked up PC world where every body but a man has the right to feel insulted... have at it. I got no time for your asses.

05-06-2014, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 12:51 PM by Mathilda.)
(05-06-2014 12:00 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 11:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Surely people of either gender are inherently selfish?

Yes, but men to a much lesser degree. IMO

I find this most peculiar. If you had said that it was specifically about giving out sex then it would have been more plausible.

What about the argument that women have evolved the instinct or tendency towards a more supportive role in a family unit? After all, they are the ones who are traditionally more likely to stay at home and raise the children while the men go off, hunt and defend the tribe. Surely this would mean that they have evolved instincts that makes them less selfish as they put the pack's needs before their own?

When I went to an 'inspirational' women's meeting yesterday about women in tech, the speaker there spent a long time trying to make the point that women should be where the money is and should avoid the temptation to play a supportive role.

I'm trying to avoid the term 'selfish' because it has perjorative connotations. The brain has to balance the need for exploration vs exploitation. Exploration of new resources or strategies, versus sticking to what you know. This is a simple balance of risk and reward and is a key feature of intelligence. In the same way that a brain is made up of a collection of neurons, and a bee hive or ant colony can be considered by biologists to be a single organism, you can make the argument that humans have evolved to be in tribes that act like a single super organism.

If so then it makes sense that men with their superior strength are more likely to fulfil a riskier exploratory role whilst women look after what the tribe already has.

One is not better than the other. It's a complementary balance.

Modern day society has taken these evolved instincts out of context but pack instinct is still a strong influencer for how people act. Football (soccer) for example provides an outlet for tribal warfare. The work environment can become a substitute for the family unit because people spend most of their daily routine at work.

It doesn't sound plausible to me that women are inherently more 'selfish' when they are 'traditionally' seen to play a supportive role.

If you can give some specific examples of how you think that women are generally more selfish than men then it might reveal something else more interesting.
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Looks to me like there was a cup of truth, a quart of crazy, and a bushel of talking past each other going on.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2014, 12:43 PM
(05-06-2014 12:40 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...
If you can give some specific examples of how you think that women are generally more selfish than men then it might reveal something else more interesting.

My ex-wife? Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-06-2014, 12:45 PM
(05-06-2014 12:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Looks to me like there was a cup of truth, a quart of crazy, and a bushel of talking past each other going on.

Finally something I can agree to...... sigh Undecided

05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
(05-06-2014 12:40 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you can give some specific examples of how you think that women are generally more selfish than men then it might reveal something else more interesting.

The only things I see wrong with your statement is that the women arent necessarily less selfish when it comes to the pack, but more so when it comes to their offspring.

Even in nature, the male is usually disposable after mating....... and that is also part of what we are and why women are intrinsically more selfish.