and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: and on to another subject
(05-06-2014 12:35 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Look, if you people want to tip toe around in a fucked up PC world where every body but a man has the right to feel insulted... have at it. I got no time for your asses.

Ooh, get her.

[Image: article-1261400-00CFC89900000190-154_306x402.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
05-06-2014, 12:58 PM
(05-06-2014 12:52 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:35 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Look, if you people want to tip toe around in a fucked up PC world where every body but a man has the right to feel insulted... have at it. I got no time for your asses.

Ooh, get her.

[Image: article-1261400-00CFC89900000190-154_306x402.jpg]

I really didnt expect much out of you anyway.... but thanks for that really cool pic.

Fuckin asswipe Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
05-06-2014, 01:02 PM
(05-06-2014 12:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:40 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you can give some specific examples of how you think that women are generally more selfish than men then it might reveal something else more interesting.

The only things I see wrong with your statement is that the women arent necessarily less selfish when it comes to the pack, but more so when it comes to their offspring.

Even in nature, the male is usually disposable after mating....... and that is also part of what we are and why women are intrisically more selfish.

But then are they more 'selfish' if they are putting the offspring before their own needs and everyone else's needs? I've seen it myself in that my mother doesn't seem to appreciate that not everyone really cares as much as she does when there is a family crisis.

But you could just as easily make the argument that men can be more selfish because a few minutes pleasure for them leaves a woman with a baby that she has to spend the rest of her life looking after. This is the flip side of being disposable in the mating process.

These are just different aspects of different instincts in play. Therefore I don't think that that the word 'selfish' is particularly useful in this discussion. It's too broad a term with strong emotional connotations. Your objection seems to me to be more about a particular aspect of maternal instinct.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 01:14 PM
(05-06-2014 12:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:40 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you can give some specific examples of how you think that women are generally more selfish than men then it might reveal something else more interesting.

The only things I see wrong with your statement is that the women arent necessarily less selfish when it comes to the pack, but more so when it comes to their offspring.

Even in nature, the male is usually disposable after mating....... and that is also part of what we are and why women are intrinsically more selfish.

If women had evolved to use men just for reproduction and then "throw them away", society wouldn't be the way it is today.

We also evolved with a need for companionship and love. Evolution has favored pair-bonding and fatherhood has even been observed to alter a man's brain.
Neurochemical substances that help a mother and a child bond are also involved in bonding between males and females.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
05-06-2014, 01:21 PM
(05-06-2014 01:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  But you could just as easily make the argument that men can be more selfish because a few minutes pleasure for them leaves a woman with a baby that she has to spend the rest of her life looking after. This is the flip side of being disposable in the mating process.

These are just different aspects of different instincts in play. Therefore I don't think that that the word 'selfish' is particularly useful in this discussion. It's too broad a term with strong emotional connotations. Your objection seems to me to be more about a particular aspect of maternal instinct.

The male of most species will be the ones to protect and lead the pack, and will usually be the ones to put themselves in harms way to secure territory and food.

I dont see this as only in a maternal way as far as the female is concerned,they will run and save themselves if harm were to come their way and let the males deal with it untill its over, if their pack/tribe looses, they will try to assimilate into the winning pack/tribe, once translated into human behavior and thought patterns, is when the problem starts. As we see in here.

05-06-2014, 01:27 PM
I've been following this conversation silently because anything that I could have said was being said, but I am still curious about the answer to these questions still. A lot of good points have been made about the lack of awareness to men's rights that I agree with, but the generalizations kill me (ALL women, western women, etc).

(05-06-2014 11:47 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 11:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Surely people of either gender are inherently selfish?

Are you really saying this only applies to women and not men?

Really?

Are you talking about needs in general or thinking specifically of sex?

One at a time please....... undergroundp hasnt worn me out enough yet Wink
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-06-2014, 01:28 PM
(05-06-2014 12:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  ...
Even in nature, the male is usually disposable after mating....... and that is also part of what we are and why women are intrinsically more selfish.

So are you defining 'self' as mother+children?

Huh

05-06-2014, 01:32 PM
*Looks at her stomach*

Hey little one, together you and me are what is selfish in this world!
Better start living up to the stereotype!
We better let Daddy Near know we will be disposing of him soon. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
(05-06-2014 01:21 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 01:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  But you could just as easily make the argument that men can be more selfish because a few minutes pleasure for them leaves a woman with a baby that she has to spend the rest of her life looking after. This is the flip side of being disposable in the mating process.

The male of most species will be the ones to protect and lead the pack, and will usually be the ones to put themselves in harms way to secure territory and food.

I dont see this as only in a maternal way as far as the female is concerned,they will run and save themselves if harm were to come their way and let the males deal with it untill its over, if their pack/tribe looses, they will try to assimilate into the winning pack/tribe, once translated into human behavior and thought patterns, is when the problem starts. As we see in here.

Sounds like the positions of offence and defence. I've never seen a mama bird take her eggs and chuck 'em to the enemy and run the other way.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-06-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 01:40 PM by War Horse.)
(05-06-2014 01:27 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've been following this conversation silently because anything that I could have said was being said, but I am still curious about the answer to these questions still. A lot of good points have been made about the lack of awareness to men's rights that I agree with, but the generalizations kill me (ALL women, western women, etc).

I've never said "all" , that was somebody else going off the cliff at me. Rolleyes

(05-06-2014 01:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  ...

So are you defining 'self' as mother+children?

Huh

Articulate please, I dont see the connection. Consider

Nevermind , I gotcha..... no not necessarily, females will often abandon the offsring in lieu of their own safety.

And then again some species will eat the male after mating, and yet some eat their offspring, but thats not quite as common..... I hope ! Big Grin