and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: and on to another subject
(05-06-2014 01:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 01:27 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've been following this conversation silently because anything that I could have said was being said, but I am still curious about the answer to these questions still. A lot of good points have been made about the lack of awareness to men's rights that I agree with, but the generalizations kill me (ALL women, western women, etc).

I've never said "all" , that was somebody else going off the cliff at me. Rolleyes

You never denied it either. "Women" means "all women". I asked if you meant "some women". You didn't say "yes".

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 01:41 PM
(05-06-2014 01:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  ...
(05-06-2014 01:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So are you defining 'self' as mother+children?

Huh

Articulate please, I dont see the connection. Consider

Nope. I'll let Near explain that one after Hobbitmum starts ignoring him when little Hobbitchild gets borned.

05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
(05-06-2014 01:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 01:27 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've been following this conversation silently because anything that I could have said was being said, but I am still curious about the answer to these questions still. A lot of good points have been made about the lack of awareness to men's rights that I agree with, but the generalizations kill me (ALL women, western women, etc).

I've never said "all" , that was somebody else going off the cliff at me. Rolleyes

Also, you did answer, I missed it.

(05-06-2014 12:00 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 11:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Surely people of either gender are inherently selfish?

Yes, but men to a much lesser degree. IMO

When you say 'men to a much lesser degree', do you mean less percentage of the population of men vs. the population of women, or do you mean each man is less selfish than each woman, or other?

Just want to understand what you mean, exactly.

Thanks.
05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
(05-06-2014 01:33 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 01:21 PM)War Horse Wrote:  The male of most species will be the ones to protect and lead the pack, and will usually be the ones to put themselves in harms way to secure territory and food.

I dont see this as only in a maternal way as far as the female is concerned,they will run and save themselves if harm were to come their way and let the males deal with it untill its over, if their pack/tribe looses, they will try to assimilate into the winning pack/tribe, once translated into human behavior and thought patterns, is when the problem starts. As we see in here.

Sounds like the positions of offence and defence. I've never seen a mama bird take her eggs and chuck 'em to the enemy and run the other way.

Yes LJ, I sure we can all site different occasions when it doesnt hold up one way or another. Yet I would prefere to deal with primates in this case.

Aligators eat their young..... really means nothing within this argument.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
05-06-2014, 01:52 PM
This is just great, I feel like I'm trying to convince everyone in here that god lives in my living room, and jebus sucks my dick every night.

This is about most womens attitudes being shit in this country, nothing more nothing less.

I'm pro feminism when it comes to the other shit like equal pay and respect, not to mention the shit happening under Sharia law.... I'm not the enemy here.. I just have a few beefs about some really shitty attitudes from women as a group, especially when it comes to how men are seen and treated now a days. Its not rocket science, but then to some of you it is, I guess. Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
05-06-2014, 01:53 PM
(05-06-2014 01:43 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 01:33 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Sounds like the positions of offence and defence. I've never seen a mama bird take her eggs and chuck 'em to the enemy and run the other way.

Yes LJ, I sure we can all site different occasions when it doesnt hold up one way or another. Yet I would prefere to deal with primates in this case.

Noted. (As a primate, I won't throw my baby to the enemy and run the other way... at least I think I wouldn't Unsure Wink )

I have a question. If things were to change in the western society, what would it look like? In male to female hetero relationships?

What would the house/living/relationship roles look like? How would the different responsibilities be divided or cared for? What would women and/or men do differently to make, in your view, a better life for males? What is fair in your opinion?

Maybe if I, or others, saw what you'd like (instead of what you don't like) this could help understand a bit better.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
(05-06-2014 01:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If women had evolved to use men just for reproduction and then "throw them away", society wouldn't be the way it is today.

We also evolved with a need for companionship and love. Evolution has favored pair-bonding and fatherhood has even been observed to alter a man's brain.
Neurochemical substances that help a mother and a child bond are also involved in bonding between males and females.

Oxytocin (and not as Jeremy calls it Oxycontin).
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 02:04 PM
(05-06-2014 01:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  This is just great, I feel like I'm trying to convince everyone in here that god lives in my living room, and jebus sucks my dick every night.

This is about most womens attitudes being shit in this country, nothing more nothing less.

I'm pro feminism when it comes to the other shit like equal pay and respect, not to mention the shit happening under Sharia law.... I'm not the enemy here.. I just have a few beefs about some really shitty attitudes from women as a group, especially when it comes to how men are seen and treated now a days. Its not rocket science, but then to some of you it is, I guess. Dodgy

You know, it could have helped if you said something like "I'm not talking about all women". No, it wasn't obvious that you weren't.

In fact,

Post #26

(04-06-2014 06:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You're practically telling us that you agree with a guy who says that all women are selfish and problematic.

You didn't answer, you didn't deny it.

We're at post #238, and you decided to say that you're not talking about all women just a few minutes ago.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2014, 03:21 PM
(05-06-2014 01:53 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 01:43 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Yes LJ, I sure we can all site different occasions when it doesnt hold up one way or another. Yet I would prefere to deal with primates in this case.

Noted. (As a primate, I won't throw my baby to the enemy and run the other way... at least I think I wouldn't Unsure Wink )

I have a question. If things were to change in the western society, what would it look like? In male to female hetero relationships?

What would the house/living/relationship roles look like? How would the different responsibilities be divided or cared for? What would women and/or men do differently to make, in your view, a better life for males? What is fair in your opinion?

Maybe if I, or others, saw what you'd like (instead of what you don't like) this could help understand a bit better.

[Image: 50_nuclear_family_2119599i.jpg] [Image: housewife_2027981a.jpg]

[Image: cc2e17e9952a4bed0024c1e4dcfc52fb.jpg] [Image: WithFruit.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
[Image: fbc6752b.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 5 users Like WitchSabrina's post