and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2014, 06:28 AM
RE: and on to another subject
(08-06-2014 06:01 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 05:46 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  But that is nothing like what the OP intended.

I'm not going to get into this again, the gross exaggerations made in here during this thread by no means follow what I had said in my first 2 posts.

Plus,I dont need anyone speaking for my "intentions" as an absolute knowlege comment. However if you want to make it an opinion, then state that fact that it is just your opinion.

Not gonna argue about this shit anymore with anybody. End of conversation (for me).

You hardly denied those gross exaggerations.

Saying "women" instead of "some women", is a gross exaggeration.

We, as women, don't need anyone speaking for our intentions as an absolute knowledge comment either. You never denied that you believe that all women are inherently more selfish than men.

I'm not making arbitrary assumptions. I'm drawing conclusions since half of my questions to you weren't even answered.

(08-06-2014 06:09 AM)Juv Wrote:  In what ways do western women not have equal rights, which are based on differences between men and women?

I never talked about Western women only. I didn't even talk about women only. I'm talking about general gender inequality. And I'm not just talking about "rights" from a legality perspective.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
08-06-2014, 06:44 AM
(08-06-2014 06:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 06:04 AM)Juv Wrote:  Saying Aussie chicks are best isn't a generalization, or your earlier comments about black women?

To stay on this path, that cartoon shows a better aging process among asian women, then it does among western women.

You know how I know you're a Murikan?

It's not the 'z' in generalization that gave it away.

Big Grin
How?
08-06-2014, 06:47 AM
(08-06-2014 06:28 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 06:09 AM)Juv Wrote:  In what ways do western women not have equal rights, which are based on differences between men and women?

I never talked about Western women only. I didn't even talk about women only. I'm talking about general gender inequality. And I'm not just talking about "rights" from a legality perspective.
Damn, that's complex.
That topic is probably going to need another thread.
08-06-2014, 08:21 AM
(08-06-2014 06:09 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 05:46 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Equality is impossible? So, being treated as a human being is too much to ask for?

Equality does not mean uniformity. Yes, of course it goes without saying that men and women are different, but that's not the point. We're talking about equal rights here.
In what ways do western women not have equal rights, which are based on differences between men and women?

The 1972 Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution, in its entirety:

Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification.

The amendment failed, and has failed in every Congress since then. Ergo, discrimination on the basis of sex is still legal.

"The March 23 New York Times listed “some of the laws and practices that the amendment expected to invalidate,” including laws that impose greater restrictions on women in business, laws that favor women in child-custody and alimony cases, laws that deny compensation to pregnant women still able to work and differing standards for boys and girls in public school programs."

http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...-congress/

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
13-06-2014, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2014 04:18 AM by Lalida.)
(I would, but I'm not the one going over there), these men are looking for companionship, sex and a better life than in the US. Take that for what its worth.
[/quote]

I got you, but what would it be if the women over here say exactly the same?

I will use the same sentense to say it , if you cut off a word "Than" it will clearly be:

These women are looking for companionship, sex and a better life in the US. Take that for what its worth.

Angel oi
[+] 1 user Likes Lalida's post