and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 05:48 AM
RE: and on to another subject
Quote:No it's because I am a woman. When I first started my career there wasn't a problem. The problem started when I reached child bearing age and hit the glass ceiling. I had many interviews which went perfectly well. There wasn't anything I could have done better. The interviewers wanted to hire me and I still got turned down.

I've had plenty of "perfect" job interviews too. Hell, I've done work placement thing where you go work for them for 2 hours so they can see if they wanna hire you or not. They expressed great interest and I left it with the impression I was pretty much guaranteed that job.

Nope.

You don't get it, it's not a gender specific thing. You don't know what was going on in the head of the person that hired you.
Yes, I can't say it wasn't because you were female, but you can't say it was.

Quote:Automatically assuming that I am wrong makes you part of the problem by excusing and reinforcing sexist practice and dismissing the concerns of people afflicted by it

THIS is the stupid bitch thing. You're calling me sexiest because I wasn't IMMEDIATELY willing to accept that "you didn't get hired because you're a women".

Quote:But if I don't get given the job unless I am the only available choice then it is less likely that I am able to get two separate companies to compete for me by raising their offers. This has only happened to me once and when it did my wage went up by 50%. I can now tell potential employers what my previous wage was and expect them to match it or improve it.

It's never happened to me. Oh man, all these employers must be sexiest...
*rolls eyes*

Quote:The boss was a Muslim from Egypt

I'll stop ya right there.
Yeah, that guy was a sexiest prick.

This comes back to the Muslim thing though, that I agree certain parts of humanity (Islam being the biggest) DO need a change in attitude towards women.
This is not what we are talking about and you already know my opinion on muslim's treatment of women.

Quote:I spoke to a transsexual man once who became a feminist once he started living full time as a man. He realised how much easier it was for men.

"I spoke to a transsexual man once"
That's how you know that sentence was gonna be great!

Outside of work place employment how do you respond to females getting favored in a custody battle. Or this general "suck it up pussy" attitude towards males when it comes to family violence, which I might remind that 40% of domestic abuse is towards males. I'm not saying the 60% is good, I'm saying the 100% is bad, where as feminism is only about the 60%, fuck the 40%.

Again, I'm for equality. You don't get equality when you focus on only one gender.

Quote:Women are not the bad guys. Men are not the bad guys. It's just a fucked up world full of assholes, men and women.

This is what I've been saying.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Wow, what a winner!

Some comments on the provided video:

"a woman is a woman regardless of her culture."

"A woman is inherently a selfish creature."

"The simple fact is that you will have a slightly, slightly better deal if you marry another female not of western culture . . .."

"All women are like that . . .."

"They carry the same seeds of corruption" as western women, and in fact, inherit these seeds from western women.

If you want a woman from a non western country live with her there, but be aware you must extrapolate those seeds of western corruption out of her [paraphrase].

How bazaar is this shit?

I'm not entirely sure what the speaker means by extrapolate, but it's not possible to extrapolate corrupt seeds from a person without a meaning of doing great violence. WTF

Those of you that agree with the sentiment expounded in the video might want to consider going to Nigeria to find one of those 250 very young school age women that were kidnapped from their school and take one to wife as soon as possible. I believe extrapolating the seeds of corruption from any of these women will be somewhat easier that extrapolating the seeds of corruption from almost any other woman on the planet, just about now.

War Horse, you are a clanging brass band.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
04-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Great Dee, thats a wonderful non emotional response. Rolleyes

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
04-06-2014, 06:19 AM
(04-06-2014 05:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 05:30 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  If you are disappointed in women, you obviously haven't met the right ones.

Oh, of course "obviously".

How presumptuous and arrogant of a statement that was undergroundp, at 57 yo I must not have gotten around to many women then, and by no means could have ever been exposed to the "right" one. Dodgy

So tell me, what would this "right" one behave like ?

You had a long and happy marriage I thought? Y u suddenly think women are evilz? Babes are the *business*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-06-2014, 06:26 AM
(04-06-2014 06:16 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Great Dee, thats a wonderful non emotional response. Rolleyes

Do you think the video speaker is not emotional? He is both irrational and erroneous in his emotional judgment of women..

My response is thought out and quite appropriate Yes considering the video content.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
04-06-2014, 06:29 AM
(04-06-2014 05:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 05:30 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  If you are disappointed in women, you obviously haven't met the right ones.

Oh, of course "obviously".

How presumptuous and arrogant of a statement that was undergroundp, at 57 yo I must not have gotten around to many women then, and by no means could have ever been exposed to the "right" one. Dodgy

So tell me, what would this "right" one behave like ?

Please, don't go there. Age and experience might mean something in some cases, but it doesn't make you 100% right against a younger person.

I believe that 9 out of 10 people are assholes. It's very very very probable that you haven't been in a relationship with a decent one. I'm sorry, but being 57 doesn't make you an expert in relationships and the "nature of women", whatever that is.

Presumptuous and arrogant? That's exactly what I would say about that video. You're practically telling us that you agree with a guy who says that all women are selfish and problematic. Well, thank you very much.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 7 users Like undergroundp's post
04-06-2014, 06:33 AM
(03-06-2014 02:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok 5 minutes in and he has said nothing yet.. Man this guy rambles.

Luckily I didn't watch the video.
[+] 1 user Likes Snowflake's post
04-06-2014, 06:36 AM
(04-06-2014 06:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  You had a long and happy marriage I thought? Y u suddenly think women are evilz? Babes are the *business*.

I never said women are evil....lets not blow this out of proportion now.

Yes I've had some great years of marriage, I and many that I know are just seeing a trend of the male becoming the underdog and at the same time, seeing women with attitudes of entitlement going off the deep end. Seems that when women dont get their way, they go into a psychotic overdrive of hormones, ranting,screaming and basically doing whatever it takes to get their way. They all eventually let their emotions take over and then all hell breaks loose. But, they're never wrong....just ask em.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
04-06-2014, 06:44 AM
(03-06-2014 02:50 PM)War Horse Wrote:  OK, maybe this one gets the point across better.

IDK, this is just hitting home with me right now. Plus I was talking to a brother yesterday that was telling me that hes going over to the Philippines for exactly this reason.

It seems to be about the supposed superiority of Asian women as partners, opposed to white women.

Many men say this is the case. Personally, I'm not that attracted to Asian women, so I don't have experience with it, but a lot of guys do seem happier with Asian women as long term mates.

Nothing wrong with that, IMO.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
04-06-2014, 06:47 AM
(04-06-2014 05:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I've had plenty of "perfect" job interviews too. Hell, I've done work placement thing where you go work for them for 2 hours so they can see if they wanna hire you or not. They expressed great interest and I left it with the impression I was pretty much guaranteed that job.

Yes but did this happen consistently to you?

(04-06-2014 05:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Automatically assuming that I am wrong makes you part of the problem by excusing and reinforcing sexist practice and dismissing the concerns of people afflicted by it

THIS is the stupid bitch thing. You're calling me sexiest because I wasn't IMMEDIATELY willing to accept that "you didn't get hired because you're a women".

You're quite predictable. I said that Automatically assuming that I am wrong, not because you weren't willing to accept.

As for the stupid bitch thing, I don't give all feminists an easy time either. There are some who are pissed off that they can't treat men with the same contempt that some men treat them. But this doesn't mean to say that the whole problem of equal rights can be dismissed.

Quote:But if I don't get given the job unless I am the only available choice then it is less likely that I am able to get two separate companies to compete for me by raising their offers. This has only happened to me once and when it did my wage went up by 50%. I can now tell potential employers what my previous wage was and expect them to match it or improve it.

It's never happened to me. Oh man, all these employers must be sexiest...
*rolls eyes*

That's not an adequate or convincing response and just shows how you are automatically dismissing what I am trying to say without even thinking it through. I was explaining why sexism means that I end up less able to ask for a higher wage even if I am not unemployed.

Quote:I spoke to a transsexual man once who became a feminist once he started living full time as a man. He realised how much easier it was for men.

"I spoke to a transsexual man once"
That's how you know that sentence was gonna be great!

Another automatic dismissal without any reasoning behind it.

I live in Germany where when you get married they assume that you will take the husband's surname and you have to jump through hoops to keep your maiden name. I still got a voting slip for the EU elections using my husband's surname rather than my own. It's why I didn't bother to vote. My tax records were filed under my husband's after I got married even though he doesn't have a job and I am the breadwinner. When I changed my tax code I was given the wrong code because they assumed the husband would be earning and I was the one staying at home. This was despite me explicitly stating the new tax code. I'm living in a culture where what I have explained above is the most plausible explanation because they have not kept up with the times as other countries have. When I was living in Britain I experienced far less sexism and the main reasons when I did were mainly either because of Muslims or the crazy maternity laws that were brought in, which happened because New Labour were incompetent and did not understand the concept of unintended consequences.

(04-06-2014 05:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Outside of work place employment how do you respond to females getting favored in a custody battle. Or this general "suck it up pussy" attitude towards males when it comes to family violence, which I might remind that 40% of domestic abuse is towards males. I'm not saying the 60% is good, I'm saying the 100% is bad, where as feminism is only about the 60%, fuck the 40%.

Again, I'm for equality. You don't get equality when you focus on only one gender.

(04-06-2014 04:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Feminism is and always will be about equal rights for everyone regardless of their gender. There is still a net imbalance against women though, more so in some countries than others. That doesn't mean to say that there isn't prejudice against men. We'll all benefit from equal rights. The name feminism came about because historically women have had it worse off than men.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post