and on to another subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: and on to another subject
Fucken wimminz, havin their own opinions and shit. How repulsively entitled of them, amirite boys? S'almost like they think they're people or something. Go figure.

Fun historical fact: you could transpose most of that ranting verbatim to (take your pick!) Edwardian England, Heian Japan, or republican Rome and get a crowd of stiffs to nod along behind you.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
(04-06-2014 08:27 AM)War Horse Wrote:  So what I gather is that the entitlement attitude of women is just peachy cream with everyone here.

I am trying to understand, not give you a hard time.

What you label as entitlement, we as equality.

So, my question is, what exactly are women " gaining" that men are " losing to women" in your eyes?

Because I think (hoping) there are many areas where we agree, like, equal access to education, equal pay, etc.

I don't understand what women are supposedly gaining above men?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
04-06-2014, 09:46 AM
(04-06-2014 09:32 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Might want to listen to this guy..... yes all of it and no jumping to conclusions after 2 minutes.

This is just assumptions accusing women of generalizations.

I'm more a fan of each person being individually asssesed.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-06-2014, 09:52 AM
(04-06-2014 09:32 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Might want to listen to this guy..... yes all of it and no jumping to conclusions after 2 minutes.

I'm not an American woman (although I doubt this is representative of all American women) so I'd appreciate an actual answer to my question.

But I did sit down and listen to all of it. I'm nothing like what he describes. I don't want a tall, fit, rich man. I don't expect my man to pay. We actually fight over this, because I insist he lets me pay. I don't watch TV shows. I hate weddings, I don't want kids, I don't want a house. I don't even ask for commitment. So what is wrong with me?

It's funny how he says that if women want the perfect man, they should "at least be able to match those demands". Well, back atcha.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
04-06-2014, 09:58 AM

I listened to 6:30 minutes. If you can't figure out why this guy isn't getting laid.....it's because he's an asshole. And talks slow as fuck.

To me it sounds like he wants the beauty queen, with the 6 figure income but he isn't bringing that to the table and then getting pissed off when women blow him off. It's calling dating out of your league. Tongue

Gold diggers aren't a new phenomenon and they aren't always women.

[+] 6 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
04-06-2014, 10:00 AM
As an american woman. The only thing I can really relate to in that last video is I do want a man who works and can take care of himself *financially*

I'm not sure why that means I'm a gold digger? I've never understood that. I hear all the time how this apparently makes women gold diggers.

I dont want that because I want someone "to take care of me" I just want someone who is independent in that regard and I know has work ethic. But at the same time perspective and individual judgement needs to be used.

I wonder how many people think I'm a lazy layabout because I only have a part time job right now? Would they care that I cant do full time due to pregnancy weight restrictions? I don't know. Does that make me one of the girls in this video?

At the end partners should be able to support each other.

/end of probably unrelated rant.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-06-2014, 10:04 AM
(04-06-2014 09:52 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't want a tall, fit, rich man.

Well; God forbid you did, 'cause that'd probably make you one of those shrill brainwashed man-hating feminist harpies I've heard so much about

But, then, any man who wants to be with an attractive, fit, rich woman is obviously the farthest thing possible from entitled, and it is clearly the fault of all women if he is not.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Personally- I think both people should be financially secure, able to pay their own way, and not be dependent on each other. It is about work ethic, and responsibility.

Anyone looking for the free ride because they are too lazy, or feel employment is beneath them, or that it's something they should receive for the pleasure of their company is a gold digger.

Which is different than a family that decides one person stays at home to manage the household/family. In this situation both are contributing to the betterment of the unit.

Gold diggers care for nothing but themselves.

[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
04-06-2014, 01:19 PM
(04-06-2014 09:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 09:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  Irony much?

I don't get what entitlement attitude you are ascribing to all women, nor do I get how acting all butthurt about it translates into being more of a man.

FFS, I'm not butt hurt in any way shape or form, just voicing my own opinion...... that is still OK, isnt it?

And if I really need to get into a wall of dissertation about how most females act with an air of entitlment, it would be lost on you, since you're oblivious to whats going on around you, or perhaps just see it as normal.

Either way, trying to make you see things differently would be a excercise in futility. But maybe you could go with the idea that you and I see the world through a different set of eyes and experiences.

Old man, I *like* you, remember? You're a cool guy. You ride that ol' motorcycle and you care for your wife and you're in general a stand up guy. Guy like that... I don't see how that squares with this weird thing you have going with women. Women are half the bloody human race. Individually they're just as weird and fucked up as every other human being but they sure as shit are not collectively on some power trip. Individually any particular woman might very well be, same applies to any *person*. That's covered in chapter 4: "Assholes".

Feel free to state your opinion. I will *also* feel free to poke your opinion with a stick Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
04-06-2014, 03:21 PM
(04-06-2014 08:53 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't believe I've ever been turned down a job because I am a woman. Perhaps its due to the type of jobs I work?

Most probably. I work in a male dominated field. I've just come back from an 'inspirational' talk to get more women into IT and it left me more depressed than ever. This was by the COO of a consulting company. She told us that men generally hire men and women generally hire women so if there is an imbalance then it gets worse over time. KingsChosen started a thread about male teachers at school and how few of them there are and that just goes to show that gender inequality is an issue that affects the whole of society.

And we'll all have to face ageism. I've seen it happen myself. I once interviewed someone who was ideal for the post and we desperately needed his skills. We put in a rave review but the (female) manager didn't even consider him because he was much older. Why was he even invited in? I wonder how people who automatically dismiss complaints of sexism or racism will feel when the same thing happens to them when they get too old.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post