and so it begins ....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: and so it begins ....
On a related note, do you think this minor Gianforte character, new to this season of American Dictator, will be getting his own spinoff? Stay tuned ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2017, 08:28 AM
(25-05-2017 07:05 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am curious if this will sway voters.
If I know hardcore republican voters... It won't.

If I remember correctly, I heard on the CBS news this morning that because of mail-in ballots, 7 of 10 votes are already cast. We will see what the other 30% do.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
25-05-2017, 08:47 AM
(25-05-2017 08:28 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 07:05 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am curious if this will sway voters.

If I remember correctly, I heard on the CBS news this morning that because of mail-in ballots, 7 of 10 votes are already cast. We will see what the other 30% do.

Yep - they said, at least for this candidate's race, that 60% of the votes were already cast via absentee ballot. Then again, who knows how those ballots went - he could have been out from the get-go. Shy hopefully

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
25-05-2017, 09:00 AM
This fucking shit... and the only people who will be swayed are those that are more centrist. Those on the far right will have already made up their minds. They'll give the candidate the benefit of the doubt and believe their lie, despite there being direct audio evidence of an assault, and no denial of the assault by the candidate on the recording. If it didn't actually happen, then the guy would have denied it right then and there. But he couldn't, because there were other witnesses who would have to lie also.

So the lie is quite plain, but still, people will believe it or just believe that the reporter deserved it somehow.

Angry

This fucking shit, man...
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
25-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Well, at least he's been charged with assault. Even so, I have no doubt they will continue to blame the reporter for "his own aggressive behavior". Rolleyes

Fascism; why is it we get the same rerun with these fucking guys? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-05-2017, 10:29 AM
It's really a loss for Republicans either way:

Quote:In many ways, it is now worse for national Republicans if Gianforte wins. If he loses, the NRCC can pretty easily explain it away by calling him a terrible candidate. The incident makes it harder for anyone to draw conclusions about the broader national political environment from the outcome. If he wins, though, Gianforte suddenly becomes another headache for Paul Ryan. The ongoing legal issue will be covered as a major story, and his every move in the Capitol will be tracked aggressively by the press. He becomes a liability for the party in 2018, especially if his new colleagues defend him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe...fb981db8f/
[+] 4 users Like Rockblossom's post
25-05-2017, 12:21 PM
There's clearly a substantial subset of voters who are beyond the reach of facts / evidence / reality.

Matter of fact, one pundit last night theorized that Gianforte may have actually calculated that in casting this with a dog-whistle explanation ("liberal" reporter "attacking" him -- read: "evil") he may actually improve his voter turnout. That sounds like the kind of thing I wouldn't have bought six months ago, but now ... damn, he could be right.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
25-05-2017, 12:23 PM
(25-05-2017 08:28 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

I also heard that some of those early voters are inquiring as to whether they couldn't change their vote. I mean, logically if you do early voting, then show up at the polls on election day, there's an argument that your in-person vote should just override.

However, I suppose there are logistical issues with that.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post