and the digs keep coming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: and the digs keep coming
You need to stay away from your family, at least until they realize how much they've hurt you and, apologize. Sounds like this is happening more often than not, therefore its best you keep away from those who constantly hurt you. I realize this is easier said than done, but seems like you don't have much of a choice here. Do call your aunt's kids/husband etc, let them know why you wasn't in the funeral, show them you are the adult here. Other than that there isn't much to do when you deal with narrow minded people. Sad

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
04-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Is there a therapist you could talk to? It's very hard to simply walk away from such pain because the emotions swirl around inside your brain are constant. This has to be a heavy load for you to handle. Sometimes just talking things over with a really good therapist, someone who knows how to deal this this kind of thing, can help ease things.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
I don't have anyone and no money to go to a therapist. I'll be OK I have my wonderful husband and his family. I wish I could in fact I've decided that if mom ever wanted a relationship I'll make her go to counseling with me. That way she knows I mean business and the ball is in her court.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
04-12-2015, 01:26 PM
(04-12-2015 01:10 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I don't have anyone and no money to go to a therapist. I'll be OK I have my wonderful husband and his family. I wish I could in fact I've decided that if mom ever wanted a relationship I'll make her go to counseling with me. That way she knows I mean business and the ball is in her court.

You are welcome to rant here. I'm not sure of other forum member qualifications but we're all pretty good at listening to people bitch about their family members.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.