angels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 02:43 PM
angels
im not trying to change convert anyone to be a christian but how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen angels or demons? some of them were sober so they can't all be because of drugs. how often do people see things that are not there without drugs?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: angels
Apart from absurdity of converting cause you claim that some people saw angels and demons why you assume conversion to christianity? Such mythical beings aren't exclusive to this particular fairy tale.

As for explanation people lie. Considering the fact that you have nothing to back your words I deem such explanation sufficent.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-07-2016, 02:58 PM
And how many people claim to have seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Faires and Aliens? I’m not trying to convert you on these topics or anything but how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen them? Some of them were sober so they can't all be because of drugs.

You answer this question and I think you’ll have an answer to yours.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
14-07-2016, 03:03 PM
The power of suggestion, apophenia, extreme stress/anxiety (can cause hallucinations), lack of sleep (can cause hallucinations). Additionally, our brains are set up in such a way where we fill in the blanks and try to make sense of things with bits of info. For example, Person A is in an accident. Person B holds their hand, offers comforting words. Person A ends up being okay. No one else on scene remembers seeing Person B---therefore, Person B must be angel. But if you look at a more rational explanation, during an accident, there is often chaos and people scrambling to help others. Lots of people on scene. People are concerned with individual in accident--not bystanders. So not odd that no one but Person A remembers Person B.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2016, 03:07 PM
I once saw a horse in the wallpaper pattern at my grandma's home when I was a little kid.

Once I saw it, I couldn't unsee it.

My father claimed to see an angel in the clouds. I looked up and saw a bunch of poofy clouds.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-07-2016, 03:09 PM
(14-07-2016 03:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My father claimed to see an angel in the clouds. I looked up and saw a bunch of poofy clouds.

Your story reminded me of this Peanuts cartoon. Smile

[Image: charlie-brown-and-clouds.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
14-07-2016, 04:19 PM
(14-07-2016 02:43 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  im not trying to change convert anyone to be a christian but how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen angels or demons? some of them were sober so they can't all be because of drugs. how often do people see things that are not there without drugs?

People can be fooled. You don't need to be on drugs or what not. Our mind doesn't like blanks. And it will try to fill in those blanks with something. I've experiences numerous occiouse with neighbors or family where they state they felt a angel was with them, or looking over them. Even when I was with them knowing that such a entity was not present.

Also you should look up Sleep Paralysis. It's a common occurrence, and can be a scary one. This has been study to occur in many people that have had "extra terrestrial" experiences.

The other could be the person is liying. Wanting attention, or acceptance from a social circle. Makes them feel special when a church congregation uses you as conduit for talking to the other world. You should also look into the children that "meet Jesus" like the resent one that was made into a movie. Kid came clean and admitted his father put him up to it. Still didn't stop them from cashing in on the story.

Also the angels and demons that they discribe always look like this.

[Image: Angel-Of-Peace-angels-10952900-426-414.jpg]

But the bible discribes them as this.

Seraphim
[Image: seraphim_angel.png]

The wheels
[Image: tumblr_mq9suaVrv81ru27yso4_500.jpg]

or this

Cherubim
[Image: eb004c6e6a44046c660683cd151cd16f.jpg]

Demons are never described. So really people can think up anything they wanted in their head. (As people do) in fact hell isn't even brought up. That wasn't added to much later, to scare the flock into obedience.

How can one study these supernatural things? How would we know what these things were without closer examination? Maybe their not angels maybe their magical faeries? Maybe it's a misidentify alien. We don't know.

But I'll leave you with this.

Sailers used to think Manatees..

[Image: 0719-Manatee-Sighting-OC.jpg]

were mermaids.

[Image: mermaids-hanna-ft.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
14-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Quite a leap from "I think angels exist because many people think they saw angels" to "you might convert to Christianity because of this post so I need to mention that I am not trying to convert you" but who am I to judge.

Anyway, people say a lot of things, including things they say they saw.
They do it for different reasons. Here a few examples:
* It really happened / exists (well angels though? but yea whatever)
* They want to seem interesting (Everybody is so special nowadays. All the me-monsters who need a story to tell)
* They are wrong but don't want to admit so they keep up the story (stubborn but happens way too much)
* Peer pressure (just like so many other things will be said or done because of this)
* Mental illness (there are many mental illnesses that make you see things that aren't there)
* Religious pressure (through group, leader, rituals, etc)
* Mass hysteria (when more than one saw the thing at the same time)

You see, just because many people "saw" angels, doesn't mean that angels exist. How many times did you think you saw or heard something and then had to admit to yourself that there was nothing. How many times did you know exactly where you have put your keys but when you wanted to leave the house, the keys weren't where you put them Wink The human brain is super faulty and easy to trick. Don't believe everything your brain tells you. Question it.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
14-07-2016, 05:08 PM
(14-07-2016 02:43 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  im not trying to change convert anyone...

Your opening statement is an insultingly poor lie. Please put more effort into the next one.

Quote:how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen angels or demons?

[Image: settled.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
14-07-2016, 05:08 PM
You know what a lemur is? It's a small, tree dwelling primate that is native to Madagascar. They dart very quickly in and out of the foliage, and you really have to look fast to see them.

Lemurs got their name because they reminded early explorers of the lemurs of ancient Rome, those quick and nimble spirits that you see out of the corner of your eye but that disappear before you can completely focus on them. Everybody has "seen" these spirits out of the corner of their eye, including you, which means that more people have seen them than have seen angels or regular ghosts. Therefore, judging by the number of "eyewitnesses," lemurs (the spirits) are more likely to exist than are angels or ghosts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk