angels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: angels
(14-07-2016 02:43 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  im not trying to change convert anyone to be a christian but how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen angels or demons? some of them were sober so they can't all be because of drugs. how often do people see things that are not there without drugs?

They fall into one of two catagories.

1. They are liars.

2. They are hallucinating or equating something they saw or dreamed about to something religious because they were indoctrinated or grew up in an environment where that religion was prominent.

Nothing more and nothing less. It is one of those two. Either they are lying or mentally ill.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
06-08-2016, 09:44 PM
There was a time that I slept in a basement of a townhouse. I had been convinced that I had seen many many many fairies on my ceiling when I would turn the lights out, but not when I turned them back on again. My friends would tell me that's because it's a dimensional thing and fairies show up closer to Midnight. I grabbed one once and turned the light on, it looked like a bug with intricate wings in the light. Pretty. Now, it may be that I saw a bioluminescent bug of some sort that I really should have probably brought to a university because I had never seen it before.

OR, I was hallucinating. As I had stated before, I slept in a basement. You know what was down there? Tons of mold. Did you know that mold can cause hallucinations? I had all kinds of strange dreams. Once I had one where I thought a spirit was floating over my bed. It caused me to run up the stairs until I became more conscious.

I like this article: http://mentalfloss.com/article/70293/6-s...ons-ghosts

This article targets ghosts specifically, but it's similar. It explains why people with old houses may have many more experiences than those who live in newer buildings.
31-08-2016, 02:24 AM
Fasting and staring into the sun can also make you see things that aren't there. That doesn't mean that those things are real. Angels and demons may be thought of as sub-god deities that have similar powers to other gods as in Henotheism. Early Judaism apparently was Henotheistic according to Wiki, so it's not much of a leap to think that what Christians call angels and devils today could be named as sub-gods. As for being real, pftt! Show us some evidence that we won't laugh at!
31-08-2016, 03:45 AM
(14-07-2016 02:43 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  ... how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen angels or demons?

Millions? Citation please. Or it's untrue.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-08-2016, 03:55 AM
I found an image of an actual angel...

[Image: 9847b199d3f348cfcf64aa4cf0f6e40b.jpg]

What more proof could Christians ask for?

Wink

[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
31-08-2016, 10:23 AM
When I was young, we lived by a small patch of woods that the neighborhood kids frequently played in. We were always told by the bigger kids to never go in alone or after dark because a great big white wolf lived there and would eat you.

On occasion, I 'saw' that giant wolf and it scared the living daylights out of me. But there never was a wolf. I simply saw it because I learned to believe that tale, and my imagination simply ran off with every vaguely wolf-shaped patch of fog.

I guess it's akin to people seeing things related to their specific religion when having a NDE.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
31-08-2016, 11:08 AM
angels
I experienced sleep paralysis when I was a child. I was convinced that a demon was trying to invade my body.

I feel silly for having thought that.
01-09-2016, 01:59 PM
(31-08-2016 03:45 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 02:43 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  ... how do you explain the fact that millions of people say they have seen angels or demons?

Millions? Citation please. Or it's untrue.

In all likelihood it's in the several hundred billion, given the number of people who have ever lived. Mind you, these are people who *say* they've seen something and, truth to tell, they almost certainly honestly believe it.

BTW, if something is uncited it's merely uncited; it's not necessarily untrue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
03-09-2016, 06:55 AM
(01-09-2016 01:59 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 03:45 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Millions? Citation please. Or it's untrue.

BTW, if something is uncited it's merely uncited; it's not necessarily untrue.

Uh..... it's an old meme. Along the lines of "No photo; it didn't happen".

Dodgy

03-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Why do people believe in angels?

Because -

1. There's a fair number of lying assholes out there, that want to impress people.
2. There's an equal number of people who are stupid enough to believe the bullshit the people in group #1 tell them.
3. There's a even larger group of people who are not only stupid enough to believe liars, but are stupid enough to believe the bullshit that the people in group #2 believe, without even hearing any actual eyewitness testimony.

This explanation also works well for religion as a whole.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post