angry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: angry
Like i said, it wasn't my last 2 dollars, but this whole, "awakening" thing that I call my life has just occurred, and new things are basically pissing me off, and this was definitely one of the first. People say things like, "yeah, you'll thank god for that!" For some reason things like that stand out to me now, and bothers me.
I just thought I'd run it through the wash here and just see how other, "free thinking" people would of handled the situation.
Obviously I'll have to learn these things. Like a blind person seeing for the first time.

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh, but what a trip! Lots of fun, once you get the hang.
One word of caution: there is no need to be rude, as some new atheists are - wide-eyed innocent inquisitiveness makes fewer enemies and gets a lot more information.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
06-02-2012, 02:20 PM
(06-02-2012 01:29 AM)Unreal Wrote:  Like i said, it wasn't my last 2 dollars, but this whole, "awakening" thing that I call my life has just occurred, and new things are basically pissing me off, and this was definitely one of the first. People say things like, "yeah, you'll thank god for that!" For some reason things like that stand out to me now, and bothers me.
I just thought I'd run it through the wash here and just see how other, "free thinking" people would of handled the situation.
Obviously I'll have to learn these things. Like a blind person seeing for the first time.

Over the last few years I also find how so many things the religious folk say that make me want to fall out of my chair and roll around. I guess its the lack of thinking they use when trying to give you the teaching of god; they just use the same old song and dance that comes out of the bible, then when you use other parts of the bible to dispute what they are saying they will simply say its not about religion its about the word of god... Uhhh what!!!

Anyway. If it makes you feel better I probably would have given him a few dollars as well. It's not necessarily about supporting the church; its about supporting the people you care about/like. My extended family all gets together to celebrate Christmas; I will still be jolly and say Merry Christmas and play Santa Claus for the kids. I don't do all this because I love Jesus or something, no. I do it because I love my family.

I think there's a parallel there. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Kinger's post
06-02-2012, 05:34 PM
@Kinger - That was nicely put into perspective for me. Thank you for your kind words.

@Peterkin - I could understand how getting carried away with this whole new outlook on life could get people carried away. Thank you so much for your time!

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I personally avoid this sort of thing by never engaging in any sort of donating or fund raising activities at work. It sort of helps that I really don't have the extra money, and so people can accept that as an excuse, but I often feel like once you start buying things or making donations, you're then obligated to do that for everyone who asks.

No Girl Scout Cookies, gift wrap, candles, jewelry, blah blah blah. I don't get into any of it, and I've never had anyone get offended. Not to my face, anyway.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
(07-02-2012 08:42 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  I personally avoid this sort of thing by never engaging in any sort of donating or fund raising activities at work. It sort of helps that I really don't have the extra money, and so people can accept that as an excuse, but I often feel like once you start buying things or making donations, you're then obligated to do that for everyone who asks.

No Girl Scout Cookies, gift wrap, candles, jewelry, blah blah blah. I don't get into any of it, and I've never had anyone get offended. Not to my face, anyway.

No one should ever get offended. Do they buy the crap that telemarketers are hawking on the phone? I think not!