animals on the ark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 12:07 AM
animals on the ark
well on the way home from the movies..as we pulled in the driveway actually.. my boyfriend and i were talking about the ark. he brought up a pretty interesting point. the fact that predators and prey were on the same ship. then my brain took off.
the bible says they only got 2 of every kind except for sacrificial animals, even then they just took what the needed. so for 40 days and 40 nights, what the hell did the predators eat? it doesnt say anything about extra animals to serve as dinner to the others.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: animals on the ark
(06-05-2016 12:07 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  well on the way home from the movies..as we pulled in the driveway actually.. my boyfriend and i were talking about the ark. he brought up a pretty interesting point. the fact that predators and prey were on the same ship. then my brain took off.
the bible says they only got 2 of every kind except for sacrificial animals, even then they just took what the needed. so for 40 days and 40 nights, what the hell did the predators eat? it doesnt say anything about extra animals to serve as dinner to the others.

That's always been one of many factors that make it very unbelievable. It's just doesn't make sense why a Lion would not eat a Zebra for instance.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-05-2016, 01:05 AM
animals on the ark
Not a problem. God took care of it.

Oh crap!
06-05-2016, 01:10 AM
What you just thought of is what the rest of us realized years ago.

What about the bugs?
What about the fact that the amount of water needed to rain down from the sky would be a solid wall of water and leave no breathable air for anyone to breathe?
What about the plants that would had died? did noah have enough food on the ark to feed the animals for a year AND the YEARS it would take for the plants to grow back from being put under water for a year?
What about the fact that they would not had clean drinking water for that whole year?
How could fish survive when the sea is salt water and the amount of fresh water rain that would fall from the sky would had killed 100% of the entire sea life in the ocean?
If it was salt water that fell, where did all the salt go?
Since its salt water than why do plants exist?
Where is the geological evidence of this flood? Grand Canyon? I don't fucking think so! Anyone with an iota of Geology study could determine that floods cannot create the grand canyon the way it is now and if that were true, why isn't the entire planet covered in grand canyon? Why is there only one Grand canyon in the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD?!

Why about bugs?
What about Birds? they cannot survive under a Power Blaster solid wall of water for an entire year! They cannot fly for a year straight and the number of bird species we have today could never had come from one bird if it was just a few thousand years go.

What about...well fuck...EVERYTHING ELSE?!
Canopy of water? No, sorry, but that is debunked entirely as being the same likely hood of happening as "literal magic" actually existing, or psychic powers or the stars dictating what our personality signs will be. You need to be indoctrinated or delusional to believe that kind of malarky.

What about Atrophy? How did the animals survive that?

If your answer for all those things is "god did it" than you seriously need to take off the god glasses and take a step back and actually assess your beliefs vs the actual science of how this fucking world actually works, but you are too deluded to even know HOW to do something like that so I doubt you actually will if you actually believe in the flood.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
06-05-2016, 01:12 AM
(06-05-2016 12:07 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  well on the way home from the movies..as we pulled in the driveway actually.. my boyfriend and i were talking about the ark. he brought up a pretty interesting point. the fact that predators and prey were on the same ship. then my brain took off.

My favorite is still the gall wasp. Given the length of time (one year) they would have been on the boat, their life cycle would have required fully grown, living trees (like oaks) to reproduce by laying their eggs in the bark and producing "oak apples". Their lifespan isn't long enough to have gone the full year without laying the next generation's eggs. Different species of gall wasp require different trees. So for there to be gall wasps after the Flood, Noah would have had to have several large, full grown, live trees on board.
06-05-2016, 01:22 AM
Magic.

The answer is always magic. Once you swallow the blue pill and accept the supernatural, nothing is out of the question. In a story where a god decides the best course of action to fix his own mistakes is to supernaturally flood the entire world with the exception of one crazy incestuous family, what the animals ate or where they shit is almost irrelevant. If you're already on board with supernatural divine water genocide, you can just hand wave any other potential logic holes with "because magic/supernatural/miracle/divine intervention".

Once you accept magical answers, nothing is unanswerable; because magic answers everything by answering nothing.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-05-2016, 01:24 AM
You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?
God commanded them. Animals can obey God.
I don't say you have to believe this. No way I say this. But Gods can give commands to those who have intelligence.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
06-05-2016, 01:28 AM
(06-05-2016 01:24 AM)Alla Wrote:  You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?
I don't say you have to believe this. No way I say this. But Gods can give commands to those who have intelligence.

Could also ask why earlier texts such as Epic of Gilgamesh, The Story of Atrahasis and Ziusudra have the same story.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
06-05-2016, 01:28 AM
[Image: fb8675696e27172c92adc28aac055f54.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like SitaSky's post
06-05-2016, 01:36 AM
(06-05-2016 01:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 01:24 AM)Alla Wrote:  You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?

Could also ask why earlier texts such as Epic of Gilgamesh, The Story of Atrahasis and Ziusudra have the same story.

Because god, in addition to being a genocidal psychopath, is a plagiarist too.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post