animals on the ark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 01:41 AM
RE: animals on the ark
(06-05-2016 01:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 01:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Could also ask why earlier texts such as Epic of Gilgamesh, The Story of Atrahasis and Ziusudra have the same story.

Because god, in addition to being a genocidal psychopath, is a plagiarist too.

lets file a copyright infringement lawsuit against Christianity
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 01:49 AM
(06-05-2016 01:41 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 01:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because god, in addition to being a genocidal psychopath, is a plagiarist too.

lets file a copyright infringement lawsuit against Christianity

Well, then we'd have to do that for almost all of them. Religions, especially in the ancient near east, borrowed heavily from one another. The Abrahamic religions borrow heavily from their Arcadian, Sumerian, and Babylonian ancestors and contemporaries.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-05-2016, 02:03 AM
It's just a story and stories don't always make sense.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-05-2016, 02:26 AM
Why are the marsupials dominant in Australia but nowhere else? Did they all get together and decide to swim there en-masse? Because there is no evidence for a land bridge linking Australia to South East Asia. Why didn't the placental mammals that live everywhere else BUT Australia decide to swim there?

And while we're at it what about penguins? Sure.......they're birds and they can swim but why are they only found in the Southern Hemisphere if Mount Ararat - the final resting place of Noah's Ark is in the Northern Hemisphere?

Fairy tales are fairy tales.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
06-05-2016, 02:54 AM
(06-05-2016 02:26 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Why are the marsupials dominant in Australia but nowhere else? Did they all get together and decide to swim there en-masse? Because there is no evidence for a land bridge linking Australia to South East Asia. Why didn't the placental mammals that live everywhere else BUT Australia decide to swim there?

And while we're at it what about penguins? Sure.......they're birds and they can swim but why are they only found in the Southern Hemisphere if Mount Ararat - the final resting place of Noah's Ark is in the Northern Hemisphere?

Fairy tales are fairy tales.

Why is there any animal found in a certain place and no where else? Madagascar? U.S? Russia, Pandas in China and so many others.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
06-05-2016, 06:01 AM
(06-05-2016 01:24 AM)Alla Wrote:  You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?
God commanded them. Animals can obey God.
I don't say you have to believe this. No way I say this. But Gods can give commands to those who have intelligence.

I wish your Gods would command my dogs not to chase my chickens. Could you maybe speak to them about that for me? They don't listen to my commands.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
06-05-2016, 06:32 AM
(06-05-2016 01:24 AM)Alla Wrote:  You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?
God commanded them. Animals can obey God.
I don't say you have to believe this. No way I say this. But Gods can give commands to those who have intelligence.

"Don't answer the question they asked. Answer the question you wish they asked."

-- Robert McNamara, on how to snowball the press and never actually address legit questions.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
06-05-2016, 06:34 AM
The biggest problem with the story line is simple math.

If you take the sized of the purported ark -- and using the outside dimensions -- that is - discounting any interior structure ----

And you took two of every species - and ran them through a meat grinder --- they STILL wouldn't fit.

The insects alone - unless you're willing to entertain the idea that all the various species EVOLVED into all the varied species in a few thousand years would fill it to overflowing.

Boiled, baked, grilled or deep fried --- any way you cook it, it's still bullshit.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-05-2016, 06:41 AM
(06-05-2016 12:07 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  well on the way home from the movies..as we pulled in the driveway actually.. my boyfriend and i were talking about the ark. he brought up a pretty interesting point. the fact that predators and prey were on the same ship. then my brain took off.
the bible says they only got 2 of every kind except for sacrificial animals, even then they just took what the needed. so for 40 days and 40 nights, what the hell did the predators eat? it doesnt say anything about extra animals to serve as dinner to the others.

It rained for 40 days and nights. The animals were onboard before the rain started. They stayed on the Ark for 150 days after the rains stopped to allow the water to recede. Then the Earth had to recover so the grazers could have grass to eat, and then they had to reproduce to sustainable numbers so the predators could kill 2-3 times a week.

Until that happened they ordered Pepperoni-Sausage-Ham pizzas.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Man, the animals, especially the carnivorous ones, must have been starving after the flood.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post