animals on the ark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 07:22 AM
RE: animals on the ark
(06-05-2016 06:56 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Man, the animals, especially the carnivorous ones, must have been starving after the flood.
If we take Mt. St. Helens as a model the Earth would have needed ~20 years to fully recover. This without the grazers hitting the newly budded plants that grew from seeds that somehow survived being under five miles of water.

:derail:

I recently had a discussion with a believer. He said that the water went to increase ice caps after they receded. I asked him how deep the ice would have to be there to hold water 30,000 feet over the entire world.

Him: Where did you get that number?

Me: Gasp Ask Sir Edmund Hillary.

Him: As usual, you provide only cryptic answers and I don't have time to wade through a thousand Google pages to figure out what you're talking about.

I kid you not, this was his response. I've started to refer to him as Baby Seal. Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-05-2016, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 09:10 AM by TheInquisition.)
(06-05-2016 12:07 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  well on the way home from the movies..as we pulled in the driveway actually.. my boyfriend and i were talking about the ark. he brought up a pretty interesting point. the fact that predators and prey were on the same ship. then my brain took off.
the bible says they only got 2 of every kind except for sacrificial animals, even then they just took what the needed. so for 40 days and 40 nights, what the hell did the predators eat? it doesnt say anything about extra animals to serve as dinner to the others.

Another angle to look at the faults in this story would be to consider how poorly each of the story points would achieve it's objective.

God regrets having made us, so genocide is his answer. Why not reprogram their brains? How is killing them better than reprogramming?

God's "Final Solution" also kills innocent life forms. Why kill all of the animals, plants and fish if it's only humans that gave him regret?

Part of the story mentions Nephilim and part of god's reason for his "Final Solution" was to get rid of the Nephilim.

The flood was an undeniable failure, it didn't stop us from doing what we did before the flood, it didn't wipe out the Nephilim, it killed far more than humans and was needlessly wasteful of all life.

The story of Noah highlights the barbaric ignorance of the biblical writers, it's full of holes in terms of the god they wish to portray as well as the ridiculous nature of it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I wish i could remember from where i found it, but i am certain it was posted on this forum somewhere, but there was a point by point breakdown of the impossibility of the arc story which not only referenced the arguments of it proponents, but the how those arguments fell apart when looked at through a scientific perspective. It was really well written and sourced, and took me at least 2h to get through.
Anyways.
There are just too many problems with the story that even cirque du soleil couldnt do enough backflips to get around them.
06-05-2016, 09:10 AM
(06-05-2016 01:24 AM)Alla Wrote:  You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?
Chuck Norris commanded them. Animals can obey Chuck Norris.
I don't say you have to believe this. No way I say this. But Chuck Norris can give commands to those who have intelligence.

ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
06-05-2016, 09:13 AM
when i try to think how noah tried to get all this shit to work i always laugh. he musta been the biggest badass in the world to manage all this. i picture some old dude wrestling crocs, collecting poisonous frogs, catching bees (only two... so how that would work is beyond me), beating the shit out of gorillas, chasing down cheetahs, choking out kangaroos, etc etc. noah was a total beast of a man.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
06-05-2016, 09:15 AM
(06-05-2016 09:13 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  when i try to think how noah tried to get all this shit to work i always laugh. he musta been the biggest badass in the world to manage all this. i picture some old dude wrestling crocs, collecting poisonous frogs, catching bees (only two... so how that would work is beyond me), beating the shit out of gorillas, chasing down cheetahs, choking out kangaroos, etc etc. noah was a total beast of a man.

I think you are confusing Noah with Chuck Norris.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
06-05-2016, 09:17 AM
(06-05-2016 09:15 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 09:13 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  when i try to think how noah tried to get all this shit to work i always laugh. he musta been the biggest badass in the world to manage all this. i picture some old dude wrestling crocs, collecting poisonous frogs, catching bees (only two... so how that would work is beyond me), beating the shit out of gorillas, chasing down cheetahs, choking out kangaroos, etc etc. noah was a total beast of a man.

I think you are confusing Noah with Chuck Norris.

perhaps noah was the most chucklike of all men. thats why chuck norris picked him for the job.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
06-05-2016, 09:20 AM
(06-05-2016 09:17 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 09:15 AM)Leo Wrote:  I think you are confusing Noah with Chuck Norris.

perhaps noah was the most chucklike of all men. thats why chuck norris picked him for the job.

Chuck would have never caused a world-wide flood. Instead of killing everyone, he would have just gave an omni-present roundhouse kick to the head of everyone on the planet.

He would have then said "There's more where that came from if you don't start being nice!"

Problem solved......

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
06-05-2016, 09:25 AM
(06-05-2016 01:24 AM)Alla Wrote:  You could also ask another question: how did Noah get all the animals in the ark?
God commanded them. Animals can obey God.
So when he commanded animals like kangaroos and koalas, he gave them the ability to swim across across the Indian Ocean and trek across Asia and the Middle East to get to 'Israel'?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
06-05-2016, 09:33 AM
(06-05-2016 09:25 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
God commanded them. Animals can obey God.
So when he commanded animals like kangaroos and koalas, he gave them the ability to swim across across the Indian Ocean and trek across Asia and the Middle East to get to 'Israel'?

According to some apologists, those animals didnt exist at the time, but other animals rapidly diversified after the flood into the ones we know today (while in the same breath say evolution is junk science). As far as the distance, some apologists claim that the continents were closer together, but durring or after the flood, they separated.
There is a god button answer for all of the issues, but they all reduce down to god's grubby mitts in every minute detail of this convoluted story.