animals on the ark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: animals on the ark
I just like how you guys give me something to think about. My brain is still having a hard time seeing things differently (thank you religion)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
06-05-2016, 04:01 PM
(06-05-2016 03:38 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 03:04 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  He built the boat with wood.

He alone ? With his barehands ? In a short time? That looks more like a Chuck Norris feat.

I am just saying, if someone were to build a boat back then, it would probably have been of wood. The material itself is probably the most realistic part of the story.

(06-05-2016 03:47 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I just like how you guys give me something to think about. My brain is still having a hard time seeing things differently (thank you religion)

Tis what we do.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-05-2016, 04:03 PM
How would the carpenter ants and termites survive?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-05-2016, 04:38 PM
(06-05-2016 04:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am just saying, if someone were to build a boat back then, it would probably have been of wood. The material itself is probably the most realistic part of the story.

That and using water.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
06-05-2016, 05:02 PM
(06-05-2016 04:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am just saying, if someone were to build a boat back then, it would probably have been of wood. The material itself is probably the most realistic part of the story.

Yabut, what the fuck is "gopher wood" and how could a wooden boat that large be seaworthy?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-05-2016, 07:03 PM
animals on the ark
I was told God magically made them docile vegetarians while on the Ark. I wish I made that up. And Alla's claim that Gods can give orders to intelligent beings? When I lived in Nova Scotia, I lived on a cattle farm. Cattle are stupid. When it rains, they'll look up to figure out where the water is coming from, blow the water out as it fills their nostrils, and repeat. They never learn. Now unless they're cleaning out snot and boogers the whole time it rains (doubtful), I don't think they qualify as intelligent.
06-05-2016, 07:07 PM
(06-05-2016 05:02 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Yabut, what the fuck is "gopher wood"

Too many dirty thoughts Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-05-2016, 07:35 PM
(06-05-2016 07:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I was told God magically made them docile vegetarians while on the Ark. I wish I made that up. And Alla's claim that Gods can give orders to intelligent beings? When I lived in Nova Scotia, I lived on a cattle farm. Cattle are stupid. When it rains, they'll look up to figure out where the water is coming from, blow the water out as it fills their nostrils, and repeat. They never learn. Now unless they're cleaning out snot and boogers the whole time it rains (doubtful), I don't think they qualify as intelligent.

Grandfather had a farm and cattle are relatively intelligent. I'm not saying that you're wrong I'm saying that most of the other barnyard animals are even thicker. Sheep are just bright enough to sneak up on grass and not mate with rocks too often. And chickens make sheep look bloody brilliant. Anything that keeps walking about for several minutes after decapitation simply doesn't have that much in its skull to start with.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-05-2016, 07:46 PM
[Image: parenting.jpg]

---
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-05-2016, 08:26 PM
(06-05-2016 07:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I was told God magically made them docile vegetarians while on the Ark. I wish I made that up. And Alla's claim that Gods can give orders to intelligent beings? When I lived in Nova Scotia, I lived on a cattle farm. Cattle are stupid. When it rains, they'll look up to figure out where the water is coming from, blow the water out as it fills their nostrils, and repeat. They never learn. Now unless they're cleaning out snot and boogers the whole time it rains (doubtful), I don't think they qualify as intelligent.

Turkeys will look up into the rain and drown, so cattle are a little better. Also, we domesticated cattle millenia ago and have bred any smarts out of them a long time ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post