annoyed well kinda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2010, 07:35 AM

annoyed well kinda
why is it when christians are offeneded they are quick to attack your beliefs or the things that you do wrong or try and justify their point? what makes them feel that they need to lash out at the world, why do they feel that they need to persucute us when their own god was persucuted by man?
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2010, 07:48 AM
RE: annoyed well kinda
Well that is a rather complicated question, with several different answers, none of which might be completely right. Your looking at mental and psychological issues - the answer would be the same for anyone, not just Christians, who can't seem to understand even vaguely how other people hold different beliefs or opinions.

One of the root causes, I think, comes from the fact that Christians are taught that they will be persecuted for their beliefs, whether this comes through physical persecutions or intellectual "attacks" on their beliefs. They are told flat out that "people don't like the truth (Christ)" and "people will hate and despise you for following the one true God" and things of that nature. Not to mention that all things that are not Christian are also seen as being "from the enemy (Satan)." Some people react more strongly than others in this regard.

But really it's no wonder that when they are worked into such a mentality of "us vs. them" that something as simple as someone saying "No, I don't agree with that" or "I think that's wrong, and here's why" can be seen as an attack, even when it's the farthest thing from it.

Religion preys upon some of the weakest parts of our psychological makeup and exploits them.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2010, 08:02 AM
RE: annoyed well kinda
Insecurity in their belief system.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply