anonymous

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
anonymous
BTW, the Dom commenting there is not me.

http://www.webpronews.com/anonymous-decl...on-2012-03

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: anonymous
God bless anon. I love them. standing up for us little guys.
04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
The writer, Zach Walton, specializes in gaming and technology. He is young, new to the religion game and short sighted a bit imho.
He wrote this in the article.

"We looked through the Google cached versions of the Web sites. While they are a mess, the churches in question seem to have one thing in common – empowering people of all nations and races through Christianity. It’s odd then that Anonymous would attack churches that at least put on a good face instead of much more reviled organizations like the Westboro Baptist Church."

What the young man fails to understand is that many of these so called benign and "good" organizations are Anti Science and Anti critical thinking and do far more damage than the few pinheads at Westboro.
They are specifically designed to destroy Science in a well orchestrated and sinister way.
I will cite just one example. The Discovery Institute.
All nice and comfy, but very well funded and promoting a destructive set of ideas.
They make me sick and is another reason why we need to get more aggressive and step things up. They have money and are growing in power. How did so many Americans become YECs so quickly? (a few short generations) These a-holes. Angry
The snippet below is from their "About" us section.

"... It also seeks to counter the materialistic interpretation of science by demonstrating that life and the universe are the products of intelligent design and by challenging the materialistic conception of a self-existent, self-organizing universe and the Darwinian view that life developed through a blind and purposeless process."

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TalladegaTom's post
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Why are they interfering with other people's free speech?

I'm fine with the anti-theistic message but this isn't the way to do it.
[+] 4 users Like Ben's post
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
It's indeed very strage that they hit the churches out of the blue after stating they protected free speech. I wonder if these were missionary sites. I don't reall approve of them much, but they can be an interesting rabble.

They always hijack a site from the opposition to make their message so that those who don't want it will see it. I'm just unsure what they would be planning with something that can be currently seen as completely random.

And why the hell does every internet fad have to do with saying fag? I'm really tired of the overuse. Why don't they discuss something besides ciggarettes once in a while? =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Can we guarantee that it was actually *the* Anonymous and not e.g. a publicity stunt or a bunch of random teenagers? Can't imagine that breaking into a church website is gonna be terribly difficult. Either way it's pretty lame. I'm pretty anti Anonymous anyway. From the little attention I've paid them they seem like a bunch of jerks.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Yeah, they approach government wanting more control over our lives by hacking shit. Not that the bad guys need more encouragement but isn't that kind of proving their point that they need more control, more security?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
(05-03-2012 08:28 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Yeah, they approach government wanting more control over our lives by hacking shit. Not that the bad guys need more encouragement but isn't that kind of proving their point that they need more control, more security?

I just think their approach is really bad. It sets a terrible precedent if government gives in to the demands of a shadowy group who's membership is not known. If they're really for doing good in the world why can't they do it out in the open? I think they're just doing it for notoriety, because for whatever reason the media have jumped on the bandwagon - media *love* scare stories.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Here we go- now when religious people cry about "the war on religion" it's going to have some justification to it. Sad

(04-03-2012 12:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  And why the hell does every internet fad have to do with saying fag? I'm really tired of the overuse. Why don't they discuss something besides ciggarettes once in a while? =p

4-chan and anon (essentially the same group of people) say it to troll people for lulz.

Dodgy
05-03-2012, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 04:03 PM by Thomas.)
(05-03-2012 08:28 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Yeah, they approach government wanting more control over our lives by hacking shit. Not that the bad guys need more encouragement but isn't that kind of proving their point that they need more control, more security?

Your point is a good one. We must police ourselves or we have big brother stepping in and limiting all of us. Hacking someone else's site is the equivalent of taking a microphone away at their conference.

I also don’t like the shout-down people that show up at town hall meeting. I believe the best way to discredit an idiot is to GIVE them a microphone, not take it away.

When you have a good argument people will listen if you seem logical and reasonable. As soon as you put yourself in the “crazy basket", no one will listen. This is the road to credibility for atheism.
(05-03-2012 11:03 AM)kineo Wrote:  Here we go- now when religious people cry about "the war on religion" it's going to have some justification to it. Sad

There is a war on religion, but we don't need to tell the religious.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.