another interesting new homo sapienish find

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: another interesting new homo sapienish find
(10-09-2015 01:18 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:56 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Finds like this are just awesome. One, because learning more about potential ancestors is fascinating. Two, because it pokes another huge hole in the YEC bible-based delusion of human's time on earth. Smartass

But now we have to find a link between this one and the next one otherwise evolution fails. This won't matter to a YEC.

I was referring to their belief the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old. Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 01:49 PM
(10-09-2015 01:45 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 01:18 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  But now we have to find a link between this one and the next one otherwise evolution fails. This won't matter to a YEC.

I was referring to their belief the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old. Tongue

The YEC crowd is so delusional -- if they found the manufacture's tag on the planet - with the date of manufacture, the warranty registration card and the user's manual -- and it said the planet was 2 billion years old --- they'd still insist it was only 5000 years old -- and we're all descendants of the first "boat people"........(Noah and all that rot)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-09-2015, 01:59 PM
(10-09-2015 12:58 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 07:51 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The mix of mosaic traits is a dead give away that the species is at least that old. For example, the small brain pan suggests that it lived sometime before fossil evidence shows a mass increase starting around 2 million years ago. Their hand is remarkably modern-looking. Given the length of the thumb and the robustness of the bones, I thought it was a neanderthal hand before I read it belonged to the new species. The finger bones have a primitive curve to them. The oldest modern straight finger bone dates to around 1.9 million years ago. Modern feet with an inline big toe is present in the Australopithecines who lived around 3.7 million years ago.

It's suggested that they were put there as a kind of ritual burial.

Amazing if that's the case. It shows they had some concept of an afterlife and/or religion.

Chimps have some understanding of death, so I can imagine they did too. Having a concept of death is the first step in formulating the idea of an afterlife.

http://www.livescience.com/6335-chimps-u...gests.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Some of my friends work in the same uni department as the guys who found this Smile Worship me you heathens Big Grin As far as I know none of them actually worked on the new fossils though Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-09-2015, 02:55 PM
The explanation is simply, really - Satan put them there to confuse us.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
10-09-2015, 06:30 PM
New Human like Species Found: Homo Naledi
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/africa/hom...e-species/

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/n...d-its-dead

Quote:Rising Star Cave, South Africa (CNN)When an amateur caver and university geologist arrived at Lee Berger's house one night in late 2013 with a fragment of a fossil jawbone in hand, they broke out the beers and called National Geographic.

Berger, a professor at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, had unearthed some major finds before. But he knew he had something big on his hands.

What he didn't know at the time is that it would shake up our understanding of the progress of human evolution and even pose new questions about our identity.

Two years after they were tipped off by cavers plumbing the depths of the limestone tunnels in the Rising Star Cave outside Johannesburg, Berger and his team have discovered what they say is a new addition to our family tree.

The team is calling this new species of human relative "Homo naledi," and they say it appears to have buried its dead -- a behavior scientists previously thought was limited to humans.

Really cool stuff, I am gonna try to read more on this when I get a chance too. But its really awesome news to hear, the scientific community must be ecstatic with this new find.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
10-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Awesome read.

So funny reading the comments. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-09-2015, 07:28 PM
New Human like Species Found: Homo Naledi
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34192447'

Quote:Scientists have discovered a new human-like species in a burial chamber deep in a cave system in South Africa.
The discovery of 15 partial skeletons is the largest single discovery of its type in Africa.
The researchers claim that the discovery will change ideas about our human ancestors.
The studies which have been published in the journal Elife also indicate that these individuals were capable of ritual behaviour.

Really great news! What do you rest of ya think?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-09-2015, 07:41 PM
I really enjoy reading new information about our ancient ancestors. This is really cool. Which one of them was Moses? ConsiderLaugh out load

YECs? Yecchh. I can't imagine remaining that willfully ignorant.
10-09-2015, 07:48 PM
(10-09-2015 01:59 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:58 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Amazing if that's the case. It shows they had some concept of an afterlife and/or religion.

Chimps have some understanding of death, so I can imagine they did too. Having a concept of death is the first step in formulating the idea of an afterlife.

http://www.livescience.com/6335-chimps-u...gests.html

As I recall seeing somewhere, we share something like 98% of our DNA with chimps. If you have ever seen that video of a troop of chimps killing an intruding chimp (I may not have the circumstances exactly right), it looked just like a "human" riot where an H. Sap got killed.