another interesting new homo sapienish find

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: another interesting new homo sapienish find
(11-09-2015 06:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 05:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do tell us if you get tired and we'll send someone round to wipe the sweat off your manly brow.

Someone? Please describe her.

Thanks.

Wink

Better than acknowledging that morondog was flirting with you. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-09-2015, 06:21 AM
(11-09-2015 06:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 05:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do tell us if you get tired and we'll send someone round to wipe the sweat off your manly brow.

Someone? Please describe her.

Thanks.

Wink

Her name's Koko and she weighs 200 kg. She only bites if she doesn't like you, but she likes practically everyone. Unless they don't want to have their brows wiped.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2015, 06:24 AM
(10-09-2015 08:28 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But as we know, fossils aren't really a record of history. In most cases they are just plaster of paris or plastic and not really bones, or perhaps just drawings or photos in a book.
For the bones that are real, there aren't many, usually they find a finger tip and waky scientists then go off and describe a wild tale of the whole creature.
But as we know, it was the Devil that put them in the ground, just to test our faith. Evil_monster

All we needs ta no is rite thur in the Bible. We don't needs ta be sirchin in da durt!

We aint cum fro' no monkeys, wes was created whole, fully furmed in ta likeyness of God.

Hallaluja! Praise be Jesus!

Preach it brother! These bones are all obviously just a bunch of short, arthritic old people that got washed into the cave by Noah's flood.
Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-09-2015, 08:39 AM
[Image: TENXcku.jpg]

That's a lot of bones. Big Grin
~from Science Friday.

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
I love all the photos but I wished they'd have waited for more data ... like a more accurate date.

Also, I would have liked more photos of the cave interior!

Quote:The remains were recovered from the Rising Star cave in South Africa by a team female scientist-climbers specially selected to fit through a narrow, vertical shaft (just 8 inches wide at points) and reach the chamber of fossils below.

Excuse me ... 8 FUCKING INCHES WIDE ?!? Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-09-2015, 02:54 PM
I posted this same post TWICE yesterday and now both of the threads were deleted.

I know they were deleted because they don't show up in my post history anymore.

wtf?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-09-2015, 02:56 PM
(11-09-2015 02:54 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I posted this same post TWICE yesterday and now both of the threads were deleted.

wtf?

(11-09-2015 04:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Threads merged again.

Rolleyes

living word
11-09-2015, 03:24 PM
(11-09-2015 02:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 02:54 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I posted this same post TWICE yesterday and now both of the threads were deleted.

wtf?

(11-09-2015 04:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Threads merged again.

Rolleyes

They should really at least shoot me a pm so I know. The first time I thought maybe I forgot to click the submit button.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-09-2015, 07:30 PM
[quote='goodwithoutgod' pid='851429' dateline='1441889088']
One of the richest collections of early-human fossils ever found has been hauled out of an African cave, thanks to the efforts of a handpicked team of scientists slender enough to fit through ancient narrow passageways, researchers announced today.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
13-09-2015, 11:05 AM
(11-09-2015 10:07 AM)kim Wrote:  I love all the photos but I wished they'd have waited for more data ... like a more accurate date.

Also, I would have liked more photos of the cave interior!

Quote:The remains were recovered from the Rising Star cave in South Africa by a team female scientist-climbers specially selected to fit through a narrow, vertical shaft (just 8 inches wide at points) and reach the chamber of fossils below.

Excuse me ... 8 FUCKING INCHES WIDE ?!? Blink

I just watched the documentary and, yeah it was a squeeze. When they were looking for scientists for the excavation they said up front you have to be skinny as a rail basically.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow