any Suvrivor fans???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2011, 08:46 PM
any Suvrivor fans???
I watch VERY little TV, but have stuck with Survivor since the beginning. It has always annoyed me that on virtually every season there is at least one bible-thumper, but this season takes the cake!
Just finished watching tonight's episode and almost couldn't stomach it. The tribe with Brandon and Coach is praying to find the idol, and holding hands and praying before and after immunity challenge. Coach is shown in the water praying and raising his hands up to "god" in a messiah-like pose, yadda yadda..... Strikes me funny that in 22 seasons there has never been an "out" free-thinker on the show.
Brandon is a mess. He fits the stereotype of evangelical confusion. Sin, feel guilty, repent, pray, vow to live a better life, then the cycle repeats itself. Anyone else see this?
And the whole darn bunch of them talking about playing with integrity and being good christians....... it's a game, folks! you knew that going in!!!
Arggggggg. Anyone else watching this show feel the same as me? Would an atheist be voted off first if they were "out"?????

Two hands working accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2011, 11:20 PM
RE: any Suvrivor fans???
My husband and I laughed as coach prayed to find the idol while he had it and was LYING. Oh you mortal human!

Yeah, this season is pretty saturated- so was last season with that blonde guy... Matt? I think ....

It was so interesting to see how much the other team prayed (for winning tickets to a movie and a million dollars) instead of helping, or at least not putting it in his face, someone (ozzy) while he was obviously struggling and really upset. Shows some true colours (and mob mentality).

I wasn't uncomfortable with it because I was looking from an outside perspective. If I was there I'd spew my dislike all over though! Ha ha.
27-10-2011, 06:53 AM
yes, Matt was awful, but he was only one in a long line of christians on the show, pretty much every season has had one, although Matt was by far the worst. I've come to expect it. I watch Amazing Race, too, and there is almost always at least one team on there that openly prays as well.
But what disturbs me about this season of Survivor is that the fanatics (Brandon and Coach) seem to have sucked in the whole tribe, and they all go along with it. Although one woman (I think it was Sophie?) seemed to have some hesitation when she spoke about it to the camera crew later.
Do you think they are all really in agreement or just playing along for tribe solidarity and to avoid being an outsider and risk being voted off?
Like I said, in all 22 seasons, no one has ever spoken out against any of the religious fanatics on the show.
I personally don't think I could keep my mouth shut even with the $$ on the line. I would make a terrible contestant.

Two hands working accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer.
03-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Survivor? Terrible, terrible... All of them would be dead in the first wave of zombieclipse, or any other disaster that would require basic survival skills. The show is the most terrible show ever. Right after X-Factor.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-11-2011, 05:03 AM

Only cause it kinda classic rock nowadays...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user